Metal Storm logo
Nightwish vs Children Of Bodom

Original post

Posted by MétalNoir, 02.01.2009 - 22:27
Nightwish and COB are the most popular Finnish bands, right? Easy poll: Nightwish OR Children Of Bodom.

My choice is Children Of Bodom for two reasons: first, I always preferred Extreme Metal, and second, I'm disappointed by most of Nightwish's stuff after Wishmaster. And Anette Olzon's voice is... well, you know exactly how it sounds.

Poll

The ultimate Finnish Metal poll!

Children Of Bodom
Nightwish

Total votes: 186
09.02.2012 - 01:47
@gent_-_orange

Written by Oaken on 09.02.2012 at 01:45

Used to listen to some Demigod. Good stuff. Demilich's pretty good too.

Convulse too, Good Finnish DM and better than both bands here IMO, but I guess we should keep this on topic, Despite the fact it was me who started it
09.02.2012 - 01:49
Oaken
Hipster
Written by @gent_-_orange on 09.02.2012 at 01:47

Written by Oaken on 09.02.2012 at 01:45

Used to listen to some Demigod. Good stuff. Demilich's pretty good too.

Convulse

Would have checked them out, had it not been for the album's title, but now I totally lost any interest in death metal, and I no longer get very 'offended' by satanic themes.
On topic: Children Of Bodom are really a shame to metal IMO.
----
In that case, man is only air as well.
10.02.2012 - 02:30
Milena
gloom cookie
Written by Oaken on 09.02.2012 at 01:49

I don't think you can call any band "a shame to metal" if they were some "ambassadors of metal" and if they were a disgrace to "metal spirit", you could say that, but there are no such things. And, as childish as their music is (though I get some kicks from listening to a couple of their songs at a time), they were responsible for leading a lot of people born in the late 80's-early 90's into metal, or leading a lot of metalheads into real extreme metal, which is hardly doing metal a disservice. We need those gateway bands.
----
7.0 means the album is good
10.02.2012 - 02:31
Oaken
Hipster
Written by Milena on 10.02.2012 at 02:30

Written by Oaken on 09.02.2012 at 01:49

I don't think you can call any band "a shame to metal" if they were some "ambassadors of metal" and if they were a disgrace to "metal spirit", you could say that, but there are no such things. And, as childish as their music is (though I get some kicks from listening to a couple of their songs at a time), they were responsible for leading a lot of people born in the late 80's-early 90's into metal, or leading a lot of metalheads into real extreme metal, which is hardly doing metal a disservice. We need those gateway bands.

Actually I just wrote that to stay on topic But what they're doing NOWADAYS is really a shame to metal.
----
In that case, man is only air as well.
10.02.2012 - 02:38
Milena
gloom cookie
Written by Oaken on 10.02.2012 at 02:31

But what they're doing NOWADAYS is really a shame to metal.

And again I go with the whole "a shame to metal doesn't exist" and besides, opinions aside (I got three or four full listens out of it, had some fun and left it buried in some folders, I know that some people, on the other hand, downright hate it), I'm still amazed as to how can a pretty standard release be remembered as a failure after ALL the horrible shit of last year even if people unreasonably expected it to be awesome, which it clearly isn't, it's merely a blip on the radar next to Illud, Lulu and similar.
----
7.0 means the album is good
10.02.2012 - 05:03
bran

Nightwish
----
top 5 albums of 2012 so far.

1. wintersun- time I
2. woods of ypres- woods V grey skies and electric light
3. agalloch- faustian echoes EP
4. the slow death- II
5. kreator- phantom antichrist
11.02.2012 - 06:17
Berserk

Nightwish, easily. The vocals in COB's songs ruin it for me.
----
Fear the Old Blood
11.02.2012 - 17:23
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by MétalNoir on 02.01.2009 at 22:27

Nightwish and COB are the most popular Finnish bands, right? Easy poll: Nightwish OR Children Of Bodom.

My choice is Children Of Bodom first, I always preferred Extreme Metal,

Are you sure they play Extreme Metal??!
12.02.2012 - 20:24
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 11.02.2012 at 17:23

Oh my, that was a long time ago, I'd rather vote for Nightwish today lol. To answer your question, Thrash and even some Metalcore can be considered extreme. CoB isn't the same as in the ol' days, but they still sound kinda agressive on some tracks. If your mom calls it satanic, it's extreme
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....
13.02.2012 - 16:18
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by MétalNoir on 12.02.2012 at 20:24

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 11.02.2012 at 17:23

If your mom calls it satanic, it's extreme

I am gonna give you a grand fucking party to you if my mom ever says the word "Satanic".
13.02.2012 - 18:00
Lit.
Account deleted
Children of Bodom. Used to liking something is better than never liking something.
Plus Hatebreeder, Follow The Reaper and Hate Crew Deathroll prevail over EVERYTHING Nightwish have ever done.
/End fanboy-ish rant
15.02.2012 - 15:40
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 13.02.2012 at 16:18

I am gonna give you a grand fucking party to you if my mom ever says the word "Satanic".

Ok then what about: "Oh sweet Jesus, [or Muhammad, Vishnu, the Big Black Rabbit] what in the Holy Virgin's name [or Kali, Sedna, Scarlet Whore] is this barbarian noise you are listening to, baby??? We'll have you exorcised tomorrow, all right?"
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....
15.02.2012 - 16:00
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by MétalNoir on 15.02.2012 at 15:40

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 13.02.2012 at 16:18

Ok then what about: "Oh sweet Jesus, [or Muhammad, Vishnu, the Big Black Rabbit] what in the Holy Virgin's name [or Kali, Sedna, Scarlet Whore] is this barbarian noise you are listening to, baby??? We'll have you exorcised tomorrow, all right?"

Nothing as such my mom reply's when I am listening Metal. She only says...Oh crap! and walks off. I've given assurance to her that I won't be turning angry, any kinda exoneration and will be your sweetheart since I was born. She still ignores me.
25.02.2012 - 21:40
Lethean
Account deleted
None
26.02.2012 - 20:11
Infernal Eternal

You shouldn't compare 2 bands with different styles. Anyway, i go for CoB.
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter