Metal Storm logo
What is your record? How many times you saw that band live?

Original post

Posted by BloodTears, 03.01.2009 - 14:34
Ok, so there I was watching Slayer's Still Reigning DVD and I thought: "I saw them live twice already. I wonder who has seen them 10 times".

I'm just curious. Who is the ultimate concert geek? Who goes to every concert of their favourite band? How many times have you seen your favourite bands play? Or other bands?

I'm not a great example, I saw both Slayer and Metallica twice, that's my poor record. Actually, I saw a number of bands twice. Hopefully that will change over the years.

Let's hear it, fanatics.
19.05.2010 - 00:42
MetallicA

Hahaha so I was updating my list of bands I've seen and how many times I've seen them and I actually had to come back to this thread to make sure my count was right on some of the bands I've seen at least 4 times....it gets sooo hard to remember when you've seen a band that many times! Here's the update...the rest of the list is on page 2 if you're really that interested but I doubt it lol. So, the count is even higher now:

Metallica - 5
Slayer - 7
Behemoth - 9
Cannibal Corpse - 7

and some new additions I have now seen at least 4 times:
1349 - 4
Immolation - 4
Nile - 4

and here's some note worthy bands I've seen...just not as many times because they don't tour much, broke up or they're dead now ahhh!!:
Bolt Thrower - 2
Destroyer 666 ...will be twice in August
Death Angel ...will be twice in July
Carcass ...holy fuck they need to tour again. period.
Impaled - 2 ...will be 3 in less than 2 weeks!
Decapitated ...I think they're actually coming back soon, yay!
Danzig ...wow what an excellent show!
Megadeth - 3
Testament - 2 ...more like 1.5 cause my job made me late dammit!
Macabre - 2 ...would like to see them again.
Morbid Angel - 2. they seriously need to come back.
Amon Amarth - 2. I swear I've seen them more than that but not according to my list LOL
The Rolling Stones ...I'm just happy I got to see them once!
Dio ...same here. Real happy I got to see him before his death...which sucks.
Pantera ...and again, just happy to have seen them once before the break up and then Dimebag's death.
Korpiklaani!!! That was a fun show and they should come back soon!
Mayhem ...I just count myself lucky enough to have had the chance to see them!
Emperor ...same with Mayhem. I had to fly in for that one and it was totally worth it!
Ministry - 2 ...Al is getting old so I'm glad I got to see So What performed live!
Judas fucking Priest! - 3 times. Would have been 4 if I wasn't broke the last time. Hopefully they'll come through again
Grave - 3

and the list is up to 481 bands...will be about 40 more after Maryland Deathfest in 1.5 weeks!
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
19.05.2010 - 01:31
Promonex
Cathemeral
Written by MetallicA on 19.05.2010 at 00:42

and the list is up to 481 bands...will be about 40 more after Maryland Deathfest in 1.5 weeks!

Bands or performances?
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
19.05.2010 - 01:40
MetallicA

Written by Promonex on 19.05.2010 at 01:31

Bands or performances?

bands.

I wish it was that many performances! I've been to a few festivals with 10- 50+ bands on them so that's where alot of the bands come from.

edit: since there are sooo many bands I've seen more than once, who knows how many performances I've seen...
----

In the blazing inferno
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
with no remorse.
19.05.2010 - 01:47
Promonex
Cathemeral
Written by MetallicA on 19.05.2010 at 01:40

Bands or performances?

bands.

I wish it was that many performances! I've been to a few festivals with 10- 50+ bands on them so that's where alot of the bands come from.

edit: since there are sooo many bands I've seen more than once, who knows how many performances I've seen...

I thought you kept a tally
For example I know that I've seen exactly 667 performances by 460 bands at 72 concerts and 32 festivals

But I'm surprised you still manage to go to a festival and see 40 new bands. I'd seriously have to force myself to see bands I'm not interested in if I wanted to add more than 20 bands per festival to my list. It's actually rare that I get to see more than 30 bands at a festival at all.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
19.05.2010 - 03:16
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
I've seen Rush 10 times!
----
rekt
06.06.2010 - 10:04
MetallicA

Written by Promonex on 19.05.2010 at 01:47

Written by MetallicA on 19.05.2010 at 01:40

Bands or performances?

bands.

I thought you kept a tally
For example I know that I've seen exactly 667 performances by 460 bands at 72 concerts and 32 festivals

But I'm surprised you still manage to go to a festival and see 40 new bands. I'd seriously have to force myself to see bands I'm not interested in if I wanted to add more than 20 bands per festival to my list. It's actually rare that I get to see more than 30 bands at a festival at all.

haha wow you sir, win.

ok so I saw 29 new bands (I was close, wasn't I?) and 8 others I saw at least once already bringing my total up to 510.

This doesn't even count bands that were playing as I was walking by to pee or something hahaha

But I got to see Autopsy, Repulsion, Rompeprop, Pestilence, Necrophobic, Pentagram, Obituary, Deceased, Watain and Possessed!
----

In the blazing inferno
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
with no remorse.
31.05.2011 - 02:06
Tetravirulence

I have seen Artcell maybe over 20 times
----
Metal News Community!! http://head-metal-bangers.blogspot.com

RIP Juhani Palomaki (1977-2010)
20.04.2013 - 02:28
AdamosMakis

Iced earth. Saw them 4 times so far. I saw sabaton 3 times
Most bands i saw them 1-2 times
20.04.2013 - 03:35
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Baptized in Blood twice.

We don't get many shows here.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
20.04.2013 - 10:24
Hellbrann

Epica and Korpiklaani both 5 times, Sonata Arctica 4 times. And Eluveitie and Alestorm also 4 or 5 times, but I forgot the exact number. Too much Pagan/Heidenfest :')
----
Druantia | Folk metal
20.04.2013 - 13:05
Metal_Elle

The band I saw the most is probably Iron Maiden. I've been at 3 of their shows. After that, I saw live Stratovarius 2 times, Angra 2 times, Nightmare (FR) 2 times, etc...I would like to have more time to go to metal shows, but I need money and free times...And I have neither the first thing, neither the second one, unfortunately. And where I live, Bordeaux, South-Western France, there are not so many which play there...
01.05.2013 - 13:35
heresiarch
Forever Dead
Metallica - everytime they've been in Finland since 1988 that's 12 times
Iron Maiden - everytime they've been in Finland since 1986 that's 21 times
Motörhead - since 1988 that's 13 times

These 3 bands holds the records
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
01.05.2013 - 22:57
musclassia

After Saturday, in all their various appearances at festivals, minor events, and individual gigs, I'll have seen Sylosis 7 times. Aside from that, Motorhead 3 times, Skindred 3 times, Devin Townsend 3 times, Anthrax 3 times, and I think that's it; everyone else either twice or once.
07.05.2013 - 14:24
Jtbmetal123

None of my favorite bands come through twice. So ive seen everybody once.