Metal Storm logo
Atheist

Original post

Posted by CrypticMyth, 17.05.2006 - 09:49
Ah..yes, Atheist - A wonderful oldschool technical death metal band, and my favourite band of all time. They've released three albums:
1.Piece Of Time
2.Unquestionable Presence
3.Elements

And I adore all three releases. All three of them are so unique and so diverse. The common aspect is probably the technicality that surrounds all three albums. I can never pick a favourite album if I was asked to, but I hold UP a tad higher in technicality than the other two, and I slightly fancy PoT, because it was the first Atheist album I heard.
So recent news is that they have re-united, which is a good thing. I hope they don't release an album actually, because even Atheist can't touch the legendary three albums . Of course, if they do release another mindnumber like the others, it would indeed be nice ....Your thoughts?
08.02.2009 - 16:45
Woutjinho
Account deleted
I think they were better back when they were R.A.V.A.G.A.
25.02.2009 - 22:23
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
I used to really not like Atheist for some reason, i dont remember why. but i recently revisited Piece of Time and i think they kick major ass.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
25.02.2009 - 22:36
Galar
Wicked Mung
Written by LeChron James on 25.02.2009 at 22:23

I used to really not like Atheist for some reason, i dont remember why. but i recently revisited Piece of Time and i think they kick major ass.

Great album. Its my 2nd favorite behind Unquestionable Presence.
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK
03.03.2009 - 05:52
Conservationist
Written by Galar on 25.02.2009 at 22:36

Its my 2nd favorite behind Unquestionable Presence.

Same here. It's more speed metal, but it's still great. I can't stand the third album. It's as bad as the new Cynic.
03.03.2009 - 23:30
WITCHCLAN
Atheist are pure class. I first heard them in around 1991 and was blown away by the sheer technicality of their music, yet at the same time it remained brutal and heavy.

I heard that they did a few gigs recently in the last few months or so and they didn't go down all that well due to the fact that they were apparantly very sloppy and not musically tight at all.

My favourite album by Atheist is probably Piece Of Time, perfect all the way through and still sounds as fresh today as the day it was released. Favourite track has got to be Life, without a doubt - it is brutal, tight, fast as hell, technically amazing and structured wonderfully. Classic band which will live on forever.
----
Pre-order the new Witchclan demo now at www.witchclan.co.uk - release date 1st September 2010.
04.03.2009 - 05:20
Metal_Militia
Written by WITCHCLAN on 03.03.2009 at 23:30

Atheist are pure class. I first heard them in around 1991 and was blown away by the sheer technicality of their music, yet at the same time it remained brutal and heavy.

Damn bro you heard Atheist and were blown away when you were 11 man? Nice....... Enthralled In Essence is one of my fav songs ever. Gotta love Kelly's voice after that second solo near the end of the track:
" In a past life time....i feel i've had mine!" Hell yes Anyways, they need to put this album out soon so they can tour here in the U.S. I'd love nothing more than to see one of my favorite bands re unite and play a killer show like i know they probably can.
----
"When night falls
she cloaks the world
in impenetrable darkness.
A chill rises
from the soil
and contaminates the air
suddenly...
life has new meaning"

04.03.2009 - 08:55
WITCHCLAN
Written by Metal_Militia on 04.03.2009 at 05:20

Damn bro you heard Atheist and were blown away when you were 11 man? Nice....... Enthralled In Essence is one of my fav songs ever. Gotta love Kelly's voice after that second solo near the end of the track:
" In a past life time....i feel i've had mine!" Hell yes Anyways, they need to put this album out soon so they can tour here in the U.S. I'd love nothing more than to see one of my favorite bands re unite and play a killer show like i know they probably can.

Yeh dude I was lucky enough to stumble over Death Metal in 1991 when I bought Bolt Thrower's Warmaster simply because I thought the cover art was cool. When I listened to it for the first time and the vocals kicked in, I thought there was something wrong with the tape because I had never heard vocals like that before and as I got further into the first track I instantly began to fall in love with what was Death metal and knew I needed to find more! Never looked back since!
----
Pre-order the new Witchclan demo now at www.witchclan.co.uk - release date 1st September 2010.
04.03.2009 - 14:53
Metal_Militia
Written by WITCHCLAN on 04.03.2009 at 08:55

Written by Metal_Militia on 04.03.2009 at 05:20

Yeh dude I was lucky enough to stumble over Death Metal in 1991 when I bought Bolt Thrower's Warmaster simply because I thought the cover art was cool. When I listened to it for the first time and the vocals kicked in, I thought there was something wrong with the tape because I had never heard vocals like that before and as I got further into the first track I instantly began to fall in love with what was Death metal and knew I needed to find more! Never looked back since!

Damn man thats sweet. I wish i was an original fan but i was born in the wrong generation lol!
----
"When night falls
she cloaks the world
in impenetrable darkness.
A chill rises
from the soil
and contaminates the air
suddenly...
life has new meaning"

09.10.2010 - 23:13
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
So there's a new track up for download... Despite my initial concerns about how they should release new material under a new banner, I'm really excited to check out what they've got in store! Plus, that cover art is badass!
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."
06.11.2010 - 18:39
Fire Dances
Account deleted
Happened across a new interview with Kelly, it's quite long and he's quite outspoken:

http://www.metalsucks.net/2010/10/13/jupiters-return-the-atheist-interview-part-one/

EDIT: And the second part - http://www.metalsucks.net/2010/10/18/jupiters-returns-return-the-atheist-interview-part-ii/