09. Satanic Slut
10. Ritual Of Darkness
11. The Guts Of Christ
12. Thou Art In The Kingdom Of Hell
13. Angel Hunt
14. The Sephiroth
15. Jesus Is Doomed
16. Preacher [bonus] [Running Wild cover]

Released originally in 2003, Goat is one of those Death Metal albums that will kick you right in the nuts and then you'll say "fuck man, after all Old School is not dead yet". This album is incredible, it manages to sound like mid 80's Death with rawer sound and darker environment; a jewel to all of those who miss the old "Possessed" days.
Side-Note: Jeff Becerra (early "Possessed") actually wrote the lyrics for one song in "Goat", how fucking cool is that?

The album flows incredibly for more than 30 minutes, song by song this band will make your stomach explode, then you'll be pleading for more aggression, track after track you'll find yourself head-banging ala Old School, hearing those amazing Thrash overtones, the overwhelming guitar work, those catchy as hell drum-beats, those remarkable bass-lines and the incredible violent shrieks (deeper grunts would have been a little better, but no harm done)

The music is all about being Old School and raw to the bone, oddly most tracks are no longer than 3 minutes, but that is no problem at all, the length of the tracks is just perfect to transmit pure hatred and blasphemy in the vein of old Deicide; the best track in this album is "Thou art in the kingdom of hell" (lyrics by Becerra), the intro is just the perfect way to start an amazing tune (drum solo), then the guitar starts with a rhythmic riff made mainly with power-chords and some chromatic scales, this track is slower than the rest, but hell it has better structure and feeling, the perfect track to head-bang and enjoy at the same time. Another great song is "As The Cacodemons Feast", I won't say more cause I don't want to spoil the surprise.

I think this release is more than decent generally speaking, this in fact proves that Old School is now rising with power; "Goat" is blasphemous, potent and violent at the same time, a MUST for all those nostalgic metal fans missing the old era. Be warned though, this album is very addictive; it's actually very difficult to stop playing the tracks mentioned below.

Best Cuts: "Thou Art In The Kingdom Of Hell", "You Bleed", "The Sephirot", "As The Cacodemons Feast"

Written by Herzebeth | 08.10.2005

Comments

Comments: 2   Visited by: 23 users
09.01.2009 - 14:43
Slayer666

Where the heck can I get this one?
23.11.2011 - 00:03
Rating: 9
AtrumHiberna

Great album indeed. Proud owner of this gem \m/
----
This is my worship, this is my path...