Metal Storm logo
Sirenia - Entire New Album Streaming Online

You can listen to the whole new Sirenia album "The 13th Floor" on the band's MySpace page. The fourth Sirenia album will be released on January 23, 2009 via Nuclear Blast Records. "The 13th Floor" was tracked at Sound Suite Studios in France and Stargoth Studios in Norway while the mixing and mastering sessions took place at the Antfarm Studios in Denmark with Tue Madsen.

Source: myspace.com
Band profile: Sirenia
Posted: 09.01.2009 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 13   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 100 users
09.01.2009 - 20:47
|pyro|
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
O well, band have to move on, and cant keep playing same old songs in the same old style.
09.01.2009 - 22:07
Enissa
Written by |pyro| on 09.01.2009 at 20:47

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
O well, band have to move on, and cant keep playing same old songs in the same old style.

Well, I listened to it a few weeks ago, Its Awesome!!! Maybe You should try it, cause its something Different...
10.01.2009 - 00:07
Symmachus
I love me some Norwegian metal music. I need to hear more music from this band.
10.01.2009 - 02:42
amo_del_merol
It's not that bad, in the same vein of nine destinies ... like it, but not that special
----
... let evil rise ...
10.01.2009 - 03:59
VPeter
I really like it! best so far I heard of january releases.
10.01.2009 - 05:51
WorpeX
Made of Metal
Pretty good... but I really do miss the growls...
10.01.2009 - 14:11
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Written by Enissa on 09.01.2009 at 22:07

Well, I listened to it a few weeks ago, Its Awesome!!! Maybe You should try it, cause its something Different...

+1. I had it for a couple of weeks now and after a while ti grew on me. I prefer it to NDAD, I don't like Ailyin's voice though, as said many times.... But the choirs sound great, so does the male vocals anf we ginally got some growls back... Anyway, I like the album, I think it's an imptovement!
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
12.01.2009 - 12:33
albatros
Oh, surprise. Not entirely bad, once you don't give up when the singer opens up first time at the 0:50 mark.

For the rest of the stream she holds herself quite decently. I personally think she hits the notes a lot more often than the female singers of several other and better established female fronted metal bands.

Well made Symphonic Pop Metal, therefore with some similarities to Within Temptations last CD. Repeatedly the overall sound took me back 5 years or so, when Sirenia had their best times. Mighty Choirs, growls, pretty melodies and heavy bombast .. all there .. and they have smartly arrranged the songs around the not all too brilliant voice of the singer to make the best out of it.

I think it's worlds better than their last effort. For me as a friend of the genre it's pleasant, if harmless entertainment throughout the entire stream, with the possible exception of song 7, where I started to show first symptoms of boredom.

If they could serve this live with some bang and a smile on the face of the singer it might even become a success.
12.01.2009 - 19:33
Vicsor
Account deleted
Well ... first impressions: porbably i wont buy this stuff, imo is worse than last album, loosing the gothic and the metal in every piece. Second song is ... the softer i can get is poppy material made for charts, but it aint a METAL song ... symphonic yes, and then GOTHIC, pffff.

Dunno why Morten has decided not to sing (he does so little growls)and let everything fall to the female voice. Pity i was so happy witht he first albums and now i cant stand this music any longer. Well lets hope Vibeke does something good lol
14.01.2009 - 21:26
Italics
I was really impressed with this even from the first listen... and still am. Nine Destinies was a pretty good album, but this one is a few notches up. "Sirens of the Seven Seas" is f***ing EPIC!!!
----
But I Justify My Desire to No One
06.02.2009 - 21:39
albatros
This thing has been doing surprisingly good in the MS statistics so far.
07.02.2009 - 22:14
Why do all these Sirenia girls stick around for one album and then leave? Do they get fed up with Morten or does he fire them all? Anyway, if you don't like Ailyn I'm sure she'll be outta there by the end of the tour.
As for me, I like Ailyn's voice.
08.02.2009 - 05:32
Kuurslight
Account deleted
I dig it its different but good.

Hits total: 4083 | This month: 6