Metal Storm logo
New feature: Suggest bands to add

13.01.2009 - 15:55
Ivan
Retired Admin
Elite
We receive huge amount of requests for band addition, and sometimes it's hard to decide which bands should have priority. Hopefully this new feature will be able to simplify the whole process. The idea is that you suggest bands that you think should be featured on MS and vote up bands suggested by others. We then review the list and add bands starting from the top.

http://www.metalstorm.ee/bands/band_suggestions.php
13.01.2009 - 19:32
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Written by Ivan on 13.01.2009 at 15:55
Ownage! Seriously, genius ownage. There's a bug though with the comments; if I click on "2 comments" to read them, I get:

Yossarian says "I agree with iaberis, they should be added"

iaberis says "I agree with iaberis, they should be added"

Ya know wh'I mean?

edit - midnight between 14 & 15 Jan here: they've all gone back to 1 comment, but it seems a little fishy... dunno whether iab just deleted his or not

edit - 16 Jan: seems to be fixed now...
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
16.01.2009 - 15:49
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Error in a notification I got:

Suggested band added Thryce Today at 00:46 x
The suggested band you voted for, has been featured. The profile might still be missing some information, any help with adding it would be appreciated. Thanks!

[ Link ] [ PM to Thryce ]

"Link" is also directed to band_id= blank

edit - 26 Jan: it worked right today
----

16.01.2009 - 15:49
Janne
Hugin
Very good feature! My only problem with this is that we can't remove pionts..
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
16.01.2009 - 15:50
Graveheart
When can we expect these bands to be featured on the site? Is there a specific goal on the number of votes or will the staff just pick the topmost one whenever they have time to add bands?
16.01.2009 - 15:56
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Haha, nice flurry of posts guys.
Written by Graveheart on 16.01.2009 at 15:50
When can we expect these bands to be featured on the site? Is there a specific goal on the number of votes or will the staff just pick the topmost one whenever they have time to add bands?
I wouldn't expect it to be too often (I'm thinking every week at the very most), otherwise there's no point using the "top 20 voted" list. However that's only because there's so few suggestions so far; it might pick up after the adding and voting features get used more. Keep in mind there are still a lot of other types of edit submissions over which we have to check. (hmm... it would seem my mind wandered after reading the first sentence of your post. apologies)
----

17.01.2009 - 14:44
Abattoir
Staff
Well my suggestion (Eyes Of Eden) is doing just fine so far
17.01.2009 - 16:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
It means we can not PM to staff and ask for craite emty profile enymore?

eddit: if my suggested band be edd or accepted in site, I will get notification?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
25.01.2009 - 17:33
Gigginova
Account deleted
Great idea

about the Nu-Metal bands already added though, were those suggested by persons too?
26.01.2009 - 03:57
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Well this simplifies a lot of things, nor do we get any more of those annoying shouts saying "Why isn't ____ in here?! Its not fair!", well now its fair because its put to a nice little vote. Awesome.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
29.01.2009 - 07:58
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Quick follow-up question, will bands get deleted off of this list after a while if theres too much negative feedback or perhaps no feedback after a long period of time?
----
- George Carlin
29.01.2009 - 20:01
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Doc G. on 29.01.2009 at 07:58

Quick follow-up question, will bands get deleted off of this list after a while if theres too much negative feedback or perhaps no feedback after a long period of time?

Hmm, I don't know. Someone added those bands to the list, so there are people that want these bands added. So if we keep them on the list, they can at least see why they're not added.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
31.01.2009 - 10:09
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
do we suggest the bands on this forum or do we still PM a staff member? cool, idea by the way
----
Coldgrits
31.01.2009 - 13:43
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by -DC-002- on 31.01.2009 at 10:09

do we suggest the bands on this forum or do we still PM a staff member? cool, idea by the way

On this forum? You can know suggest bands here: http://www.metalstorm.ee/bands/band_suggestions.php

Click the "Suggest a band" button in the top right corner, fill in the information and see if it gets to the top.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
01.02.2009 - 00:01
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Karl Sanders, he's releasing his second album, and hes deserving of a profile (mainly) because hes in Nile and that his first album was killer.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
01.02.2009 - 01:48
rageing atheist
Account deleted
How long should the "why should it be on Metal Storm" be? Will a short explanation with couple of sentences do?
01.02.2009 - 01:53
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Guest on 01.02.2009 at 01:48

How long should the "why should it be on Metal Storm" be? Will a short explanation with couple of sentences do?

Not that long. For certain bands, such as Queen, we need to discuss the addition internally first.

Just accepted Dan Swanö & Bison BC.
----

01.02.2009 - 02:10
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
If anybody is wondering about Satanic Warmaster and the empty profile, that was my mistake. The band needs to be checked, first, the guy seems a little dodgey.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
----

01.02.2009 - 13:16
Syk
myspace/bonerama
I was just wondering, are the staff getting sick of non-metal rock bands being suggested? If not, how about if there end up like ten or more filling up the "Top suggestions" that take forever to actually get admitted or killed off? I was thinking of suggesting Jeff Beck, Cream, Vanilla Fudge (Yardbirds? surely not) but maybe you can just shoot them down right now..?

edit shortly after posting - should there be a certain year, after which a band must have formed (/started recording etc), in order to be appropriate? lol
----

01.02.2009 - 13:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Syk on 01.02.2009 at 13:16

I was just wondering, are the staff getting sick of non-metal rock bands being suggested? If not, how about if there end up like ten or more filling up the "Top suggestions" that take forever to actually get admitted or killed off? I was thinking of suggesting Jeff Beck, Cream, Vanilla Fudge (Yardbirds? surely not) but maybe you can just shoot them down right now..?

edit shortly after posting - should there be a certain year, after which a band must have formed (/started recording etc), in order to be appropriate? lol

I dont see bad if Lynyrd Skynyrd, Jimi Hendrix even Sex Pistols be suggested, since we have The Doors , Uriah Heep here , but soem metalcore nu metal bands , even CCR are better how those .... and seems Im only one who makes staff life easyer only suggested one band Abstact Spirit from Russia its funeral/doom, if I sugesta ll bands what I like, have or had hear or want, its be 50% of MA and staff probonly ban me from suggesting
I alreday make staff life harder whit all vids what pending
----

apos;'
[image]
01.02.2009 - 14:08
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite

A "rejected for this and this reason" top x might be a good idea, yes.
----

04.02.2009 - 12:52
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Lucas on 01.02.2009 at 14:08

Can we seriously start banning people who make a mockery of this tool? I mean, I have a problem with Poison being in there, but I can see why some people might mistake it for metal (though I can't tell why people would mistake it for quality). But theres people suggesting like Lynyrd Skynyrd and CCR. CCR?! Skynyrd?! It seems theres a very thin line between subjectivity and stupidity. This may or may not be an obvious problem, but its getting to be a pain in the ass scrolling through a mile of absurd suggestions just to find a couple bands worth voting up. Theres gotta be some flood control...you know, seeing as how common sense ain't so common.

I thought this tool was going to be used for suggesting bands that the staff managed to overlook (ie Zimmers Hole), or bands that actually had a detrimental influence on metal. Not every band with long hair & guitars.
----
- George Carlin
09.02.2009 - 19:44
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Much to marcel and probably every other staff's disdain, i suggest Austrian Death Machine be added. itd be a really easy addition, tim lambesis plays all the instruments and probably produces the shit too.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
09.02.2009 - 19:46
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by LeChron James on 09.02.2009 at 19:44

Much to marcel and probably every other staff's disdain, i suggest Austrian Death Machine be added. itd be a really easy addition, tim lambesis plays all the instruments and probably produces the shit too.

Aaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

09.02.2009 - 20:07
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 09.02.2009 at 19:46

Aaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

HAHAHAHAHA i knew that was coming at some point
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

10.02.2009 - 10:56
Abattoir
Staff
Well, I suggest some fresh and young death/grindcore band called Septic Scum, which is coming from our little country. These guys kick some seriuos ass.
13.02.2009 - 01:01
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Lucas on 01.02.2009 at 14:08

I quoted you on this because I thought you may find it as entertaining as I did. And it seems fairly relevant to what you're talking about. Some fellow suggested the band "Mayham", at first I thought it may just be a different typing of the band name (hell, theres an Archenemy out there spelt one word, I believe they are an american thrash act, same with Thurisaz and Turisas). Anyways, I look at the guys reasoning for adding them, and I pray for humanities sake that its just one really big coincidence:

Norway / Black Metal / 2 Comments
Quote:
They should be on MetalStorm because they are a kickass black metal band from the 80's(1987) and still going strong. There style had never changed and they have stayed true to the metal!

To quote the great professor Farnsworth: "Just knowing I'm from the same genus as him makes me ashamed to call myself homo!"

EDIT: Keep in mind the man who suggested this is 20 years old and from Canada, there really oughtta be no excuse like for example lack of a tenuous grasp on the english language.
----
- George Carlin
13.02.2009 - 21:40
Elio
Red Nightmare
I wanted to suggest maudlin of the Well myself, but I saw this band was already added. They really deserve to be here, brilliant band.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
22.02.2009 - 15:03
Macedonia
Account deleted
I wanna suggest Serpentine Fire and Hall Of Sins, bands from Macedonia. The first band plays thrash-heavy and the second dark heavy metal. Both of them have released one album so I think they should be added because there are not Macedonians bands in the ms list.

here are their myspaces
http://www.myspace.com/serpentinefiremkd

http://www.myspace.com/hallofsinsband
22.02.2009 - 16:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 22.02.2009 at 15:03

I wanna suggest Serpentine Fire and Hall Of Sins, bands from Macedonia. The first band plays thrash-heavy and the second dark heavy metal. Both of them have released one album so I think they should be added because there are not Macedonians bands in the ms list.

here are their myspaces
http://www.myspace.com/serpentinefiremkd

http://www.myspace.com/hallofsinsband

You shood not suggest it here but there where Ivan gave alink do it
----

apos;'
[image]