Metal Storm logo
New feature: Suggest bands to add

Original post

Posted by Ivan, 13.01.2009 - 15:55
We receive huge amount of requests for band addition, and sometimes it's hard to decide which bands should have priority. Hopefully this new feature will be able to simplify the whole process. The idea is that you suggest bands that you think should be featured on MS and vote up bands suggested by others. We then review the list and add bands starting from the top.

http://www.metalstorm.ee/bands/band_suggestions.php
29.11.2009 - 14:12
Ivan
Retired Admin
elite
Written by Syk on 27.11.2009 at 20:44

On that topic, I said something in the Ideas thread ../forum/topic.php?topic_id=8523&message_id=395358#m395358 but I got no response... and another idea four posts below that one.

edit - ...Also... are there any objective criteria regarding the adding/rejecting of a band that is admittedly hard rock, and not fully metal?

About your suggestion, it would be pretty hard to implement. The forum has a built-in system which logs your visits and visited topics. Doing something like that for the Band suggestions is not really worth it, I think.

And there are no objective criteria for adding hard-rock bands. If we feel a band belongs here, we add it. Everything is on a single case basis. Btw, I hardly have any say in it, so maybe other guys would explain the process better.
06.12.2009 - 17:17
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Written by Ivan on 29.11.2009 at 14:12
Fair enough. How about my search suggestions, just a few posts below where that link leads? Answered in that thread, thanks
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
07.01.2010 - 08:01
Nighthowls
Paratrooper
I dont know if this is the right thread for this but heres goes...
Can I add a Latin American Rock Band in the Rock Forum? (they only sign in Spanish though) I Know that theres other bands that sign in their native tongues, but just to be sure thought Id ask
07.01.2010 - 12:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Nighthowls on 07.01.2010 at 08:01

I dont know if this is the right thread for this but heres goes...
Can I add a Latin American Rock Band in the Rock Forum? (they only sign in Spanish though) I Know that theres other bands that sign in their native tongues, but just to be sure thought Id ask

You can easely open tread about band in rock forum, this tread is about edd bands in MS database
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
07.03.2010 - 08:24
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Quote:
x Today - Syk
Already suggested. Use the freaking SEARCH already... e.g. trying both "six" and "syx"... at this rate I'll be rolling my eyes until they grind into liquid
I really don't want this last bit to happen. Could you please put something about searching and word fragments into the top part with the blacklist and introduction paragraphs?
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
02.06.2010 - 16:01
JohnDoe
Account deleted
I've always wondered why James Murphy as a solo artist is not featured on MS. He has two solo albums, really great albums - Convergence (1996) and Feeding the Machine (1999).
03.06.2010 - 02:33
Ph0eNiX
Fire from Above
I did post this a little while ago in "Band suggestions" already but I feel Divine Empire does belong in the bands on Metal Storm.

Aside form the band being comprised of former members of malevolent creation it's solid US Death Metal. I gotta longer write up in the suggestions section so I'm not out to repeat that.
----
21.06.2010 - 05:01
whatsacow
I dont know if this is the place to suggest it, but i think maudlin of the well and kayo dot should be seperated. While they have most of the same members, they are completely different in styles. Maudlin of the well is mostly jazz crossed with metal, whereas kayo dot is more of a post modernist classical band with only hints of metal.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
21.06.2010 - 06:20
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by whatsacow on 21.06.2010 at 05:01

I dont know if this is the place to suggest it, but i think maudlin of the well and kayo dot should be seperated. While they have most of the same members, they are completely different in styles. Maudlin of the well is mostly jazz crossed with metal, whereas kayo dot is more of a post modernist classical band with only hints of metal.

This issue has sort of been addressed already in the past (recently, mind you). According to Kayo Dot's MySpace page, they are "ex-maudlin Of The Well". On their official website link (provided on the MySpace page) they claim MOTW "morphed" into Kayo Dot.

For future reference, report band profile mistakes here.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
30.06.2010 - 16:48
vezzy
Stallmanite
Corpse. They're a Bulgarian grindcore/brutal death band with the album Mortal Terror (1990) being the first grind album released on CD in Bulgaria, and often considered THE first Bulgarian grindcore band. Already on suggested bands list.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
07.07.2010 - 06:01
Xim
Rocker of Worlds
Is there a way to remove your vote from a suggested band that you gave? If not you should make there be a way just in case you accidentally give a vote for a band you didn't want to vote for, or perhaps you change your mind later.
20.05.2011 - 04:16
I have not seen this anywhere in the forums. What can I do if there is a band I want to add that has the same name as another band? The system cannot read that I am not adding the same band again (the styles and links are different), and there's basically nothing I can do to make this work short of perhaps submitting it with the country added (as such ambiguous profiles once were in metal-archives v1).
20.05.2011 - 05:17
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by SyndicCalls404 on 20.05.2011 at 04:16

I have not seen this anywhere in the forums. What can I do if there is a band I want to add that has the same name as another band? The system cannot read that I am not adding the same band again (the styles and links are different), and there's basically nothing I can do to make this work short of perhaps submitting it with the country added (as such ambiguous profiles once were in metal-archives v1).

Trist vs. Trist.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
20.05.2011 - 23:40
Okay, I suggested. I wanted to get this right before submitting, since I'm helping these guys out a lot.
13.07.2011 - 01:11
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
I would definitly suggest Lazarus AD. Those guys are a pretty good thrash band. I like them almost as much as Warbringer.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
13.07.2011 - 12:10
Thryce
Retired Staff
elite
Written by Arian Totalis on 13.07.2011 at 01:11

I would definitly suggest Lazarus AD. Those guys are a pretty good thrash band. I like them almost as much as Warbringer.

You mean these guys?
----
Your favorite band sucks.
13.07.2011 - 12:30
JD
Account deleted
14.07.2011 - 16:42
FinnishSammich
14.07.2011 - 23:18
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Thryce on 13.07.2011 at 12:10

Written by Arian Totalis on 13.07.2011 at 01:11

You mean these guys?

oh lol sorry. When I went to search I guess typing in the 'AD' made it to where it didn't show.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
29.08.2011 - 12:14
Metal_4Ever
Horrified should be on the site http://www.metalstorm.net/bands/band_suggestions.php?suggested_search=horrified awesome death metal band.
29.08.2011 - 12:22
Metal_4Ever
And I forgot this http://www.metalstorm.net/bands/band_suggestions.php?suggested_search=for+all+we+know this is a project for Within Temptation.
and that's the website http://www.forallweknow.net/
31.08.2011 - 04:17
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Written by Metal_4Ever on 29.08.2011 at 12:14

Horrified should be on the site http://www.metalstorm.net/bands/band_suggestions.php?suggested_search=horrified awesome death metal band.

It's strange you asked them to add a death metal band.
31.08.2011 - 12:37
Metal_4Ever
Written by Guest on 31.08.2011 at 04:17

Yea, this band was the first death metal band i listened to it's awesome, I shocked when i didn't see it the first time, there's song called Evol Morena you should check it out!
31.08.2011 - 16:35
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Written by Metal_4Ever on 31.08.2011 at 12:37

Yea, this band was the first death metal band i listened to it's awesome, I shocked when i didn't see it the first time, there's song called Evol Morena you should check it out!

They're from Greece, and they play ATMOSPHERIC death metal, which explains it.
31.08.2011 - 23:23
Metal_4Ever
Written by Guest on 31.08.2011 at 16:35

Written by Metal_4Ever on 31.08.2011 at 12:37

They're from Greece, and they play ATMOSPHERIC death metal, which explains it.

Atmospheric! I thought I'm getting into Death Metal recently.
03.09.2011 - 19:33
ANGEL REAPER
A quick question : can this band be added on ms...its great black metal project ...
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Ilkim_Oulanem/3540266749
thanks!
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
19.09.2011 - 08:46
psykometal
A staff guy...
elite
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 03.09.2011 at 19:33

A quick question : can this band be added on ms...its great black metal project ...
thanks!

Suggest her in the suggestions area and if she get enough votes that the Staff feel all of her information will be filled in quickly then they will add. Doesn't hurt to suggest them and see what happens. If you already know all of the info necessary to completely fill out a profile and get her activated if she was added then I'd recommend also PM'ing a Staff member to ask for her to be added.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

19.09.2011 - 22:29
pisymbol
Can I please request that Cormorant be made visible? I have added some news as well as an album cover. Other than than that, the page looks relatively complete. Let me know if there is anything else it needs to be made visible.

Thanks!
20.09.2011 - 20:15
ANGEL REAPER
Written by psykometal on 19.09.2011 at 08:46

thanks!

Suggest her in the suggestions area and if she get enough votes that the Staff feel all of her information will be filled in quickly then they will add. Doesn't hurt to suggest them and see what happens. If you already know all of the info necessary to completely fill out a profile and get her activated if she was added then I'd recommend also PM'ing a Staff member to ask for her to be added.

Thanks for the info on that one ...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
20.09.2011 - 23:36
psykometal
A staff guy...
elite
Quote:
Quote:

thanks!

Thanks for the info on that one ...

Anytime bro...
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~