Metal Storm logo
Best Thrash Band

Original post

Posted by Dreamwar_86, 06.07.2006 - 15:56
Thrash.. is maybe one of the best styles of metal there are many great bands from the US and from germany too , whats your favorite

so give me your opinion what band is faster,more original,more heavy etc.

for me Metallica they are simply brilliant well they were first 4 albums are metal classics

Poll

What band is better?

Slayer
Metallica
Other...
Megadeth
Kreator
Pantera
Sepultura
Exodus
Destruction

Total votes: 456
29.04.2013 - 03:52
Guib
Thrash Talker
They're all good bands But where the fuck is Anthrax in that list ??

Dude... you can't just go put Destruction and not put Anthrax ! YOU'RE DEAD SON ! lol
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
29.04.2013 - 04:01
SuicidalCyco
Account deleted
Written by Guib on 29.04.2013 at 03:52

Dude... you can't just go put Destruction and not put Anthrax ! YOU'RE DEAD SON ! lol

Yeah Anthrax is definitely more thrash than Pantera is. Pantera's only albums that could really be considered thrash are Cowboys From Hell and Vulgar Display of Power.
But Slayer is my choice for best thrash band. They're pretty much the only thrash band to start as thrash and stay thrash till now.
29.04.2013 - 04:05
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Guest on 29.04.2013 at 04:01

Yeah Anthrax is definitely more thrash than Pantera is. Pantera's only albums that could really be considered thrash are Cowboys From Hell and Vulgar Display of Power.
But Slayer is my choice for best thrash band. They're pretty much the only thrash band to start as thrash and stay thrash till now.

I tend to disagree with all you said there lol. Pantera was thrash from Cowboys till Great Southern Trendkill (groove thrash is still thrash) so that makes 4 albums.
Then again Slayer is far from being the only one that stayed thrash until the end in the choices... I mean you have Kreator, Exodus and Destruction. Still thrash all of them. Theres even more... (Overkill, Sodom, Testament, Death Angel, Dark Angel, Exumer, Onslaught, Coroner)
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
29.04.2013 - 04:34
SuicidalCyco
Account deleted
Written by Guib on 29.04.2013 at 04:05

I tend to disagree with all you said there lol. Pantera was thrash from Cowboys till Great Southern Trendkill (groove thrash is still thrash) so that makes 4 albums.
Then again Slayer is far from being the only one that stayed thrash until the end in the choices... I mean you have Kreator, Exodus and Destruction. Still thrash all of them. Theres even more... (Overkill, Sodom, Testament, Death Angel, Dark Angel, Exumer, Onslaught, Coroner)

Kreator didn't stay thrash the entire time, neither did Testament, Sodom or Exodus. The other bands yes I agree on. And when you talk about thrash though most people don't talk about Pantera, Anthrax would come up a bit more I think.
06.05.2013 - 03:38
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Guest on 29.04.2013 at 04:34

Written by Guib on 29.04.2013 at 04:05

Kreator didn't stay thrash the entire time, neither did Testament, Sodom or Exodus. The other bands yes I agree on. And when you talk about thrash though most people don't talk about Pantera, Anthrax would come up a bit more I think.

What do you Mean Exodus, Sodom and Testament didn't stay Thrash O.o ?
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
06.05.2013 - 05:15
SuicidalCyco
Account deleted
Testament had their death metal period, Sodom had their death metal and hardcore punk period and Exodus yeah they probably did stay totally thrash except for maybe Force of Habit.
08.05.2013 - 22:03
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Guest on 06.05.2013 at 05:15

Testament had their death metal period, Sodom had their death metal and hardcore punk period and Exodus yeah they probably did stay totally thrash except for maybe Force of Habit.

Yeah well I guess they had some periods where it was not FULLY thrash metal. But they always had some thrash influence no matter what, its not like Metallica I mean.
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
09.05.2013 - 00:59
SuicidalCyco
Account deleted
Written by Guib on 08.05.2013 at 22:03

Yeah well I guess they had some periods where it was not FULLY thrash metal. But they always had some thrash influence no matter what, its not like Metallica I mean.

Yeah compared to Metallica, they were definitely thrash, but you know what I mean.
13.05.2013 - 00:28
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Guest on 09.05.2013 at 00:59

Written by Guib on 08.05.2013 at 22:03

Yeah compared to Metallica, they were definitely thrash, but you know what I mean.

Yeah I think I do
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
22.05.2013 - 07:06
UPDIRNS

Currently I'd say Exodus and Testament. Both are putting out some of the best Thrash in decades. Overall it's Slayer and then Metallica. Metallica put out 3 of the best thrash albums ever with RTL, MOP and KEA. If Slayer didn't put out those 3 shit albums after SITB and replaced those with decent albums I don't think this poll would be so close.
29.05.2013 - 13:19
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
According to Blaber DESPAIR guitarist Marek Greschek died
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=190514
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
30.05.2013 - 06:09
Remington
Account deleted
Sodom
01.08.2013 - 07:11
UPDIRNS

Why isn't Testament a choice? Alex Skolnick is the best thrash guitarist of all time. C'mon.
30.09.2013 - 22:10
metalfan98

I mean Pantera is my favorite band of all time, but I never really considered them as Thrash, so my vote goes to Slayer because they are pioneers of the genre.
----
No emotion thrash is all I need
30.09.2013 - 22:30
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by metalfan98 on 30.09.2013 at 22:10

I mean Pantera is my favorite band of all time, but I never really considered them as Thrash, so my vote goes to Slayer because they are pioneers of the genre.

Lol well if you liked the very early pantera.. then yeah its no thrash.. but if you like albums like ''Cowboys From Hell'' or ''Vulgar Display Of Power'' or ''Far Beyond Driven''
it is definitely thrash without a single doubt.
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
01.10.2013 - 19:14
metalfan98

Written by Guib on 30.09.2013 at 22:30

Lol well if you liked the very early pantera.. then yeah its no thrash.. but if you like albums like ''Cowboys From Hell'' or ''Vulgar Display Of Power'' or ''Far Beyond Driven''

God no. I always just thought it was groove. But my eyes are open now lol
----
No emotion thrash is all I need
01.10.2013 - 20:11
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by metalfan98 on 01.10.2013 at 19:14

groove is a thrash subgenres hence it being thrash they play on those albums.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

01.10.2013 - 21:23
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 01.10.2013 at 20:11

Written by metalfan98 on 01.10.2013 at 19:14

Thanks Marcel I'm glad when we agree lol

groove is a thrash subgenres hence it being thrash they play on those albums.
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
04.10.2013 - 06:39
metalpeer

I chose other because that list is way too small! You can't just pick a band off that list because they all had their years where they released some awful albums and some of them weren't even thrash! What about bands like Overkill, Blood Feast, Dark Angel and Whiplash? Have you ever heard the Whiplash album "Power and Pain" on volume 10 Now that's a thrash album! But then by the time they hit their 3rd album "Insult To Injury" they lost my interest! I don't know who to choose?

Over all I'd say off your list Slayer
----
METALPEER.COM - HEAVY METAL AUCTIONS
04.10.2013 - 17:52
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by metalpeer on 04.10.2013 at 06:39

I chose other because that list is way too small! You can't just pick a band off that list because they all had their years where they released some awful albums and some of them weren't even thrash! What about bands like Overkill, Blood Feast, Dark Angel and Whiplash? Have you ever heard the Whiplash album "Power and Pain" on volume 10 Now that's a thrash album! But then by the time they hit their 3rd album "Insult To Injury" they lost my interest! I don't know who to choose?

Over all I'd say off your list Slayer

Gosh I loved ''Insult to Injury'' O.o ...

And I still think Overkill has its moments considering Ironbound and Electric Age, to me they are pretty good albums
especially coming from a band that old.

But I do agree with you that this list is way too fucking small I mean Testament and Sodom ain't even there lol wtf
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
05.10.2013 - 01:03
metalpeer

Quote:

I just never really cared for the vocalist change on the "Insult To Injury" album. The music was fine, but the vocals were no Tony! They didn't even try and get a vocalist similar to Tony, instead they went in a whole new direction with the vocal style. I agree the past 2 Overkill albums were great and they're one of the best bands you'll ever see live in a club! It's just too many bands left out on that list to even pick one though.
----
05.10.2013 - 02:00
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by metalpeer on 05.10.2013 at 01:03

Quote:

I just never really cared for the vocalist change on the "Insult To Injury" album. The music was fine, but the vocals were no Tony! They didn't even try and get a vocalist similar to Tony, instead they went in a whole new direction with the vocal style. I agree the past 2 Overkill albums were great and they're one of the best bands you'll ever see live in a club! It's just too many bands left out on that list to even pick one though.

Agree on the last part a 100%. But about whiplash changes in vocalist honestly I think people care too much about
vocals I usually love it when theres changes in the vocals.. of course sometimes its a letdown but I didn't find
it a letdown on Insult To Injury. But yeah its just a question of opinions.

Also about vocals.. I mean of course Exodus former singer died, but they didnt try to find the exact same vocals
to replace him and I thought the new one was perfect for their music even though it was not baloff
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
05.10.2013 - 03:11
metalpeer

I think it's fine to go in a different direction when you change vocalist as long as the new vocalist can honor the old songs. That guy on the "Insult To Injury" album butchered the old Whiplash songs live back in the day. I was always and still am an Exodus/Baloff fan. Without Baloff, there's no Exodus. I recently seen Exodus when they toured with Anthrax and that guy they have singing for them now did nothing for me live. Long live Baloff
----
06.10.2013 - 09:47
Downtosky

For me its always Metallica, i don't say them as the best, but their songs is one of my favourite, although Megadeth is more consistent in record, but still go with Metallica
29.01.2014 - 18:00
Infernal Eternal

I've never really liked American thrash. My favorite thrash bands are Kreator, Tankard, Destruction and Sodom. Pantera is my favorite groove metal band and one of my all-time favorites.
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter