Pantera
Sepultura
Exodus
Destruction

Total votes: 456
06.07.2006 - 15:56
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
Thrash.. is maybe one of the best styles of metal there are many great bands from the US and from germany too , whats your favorite

so give me your opinion what band is faster,more original,more heavy etc.

for me Metallica they are simply brilliant well they were first 4 albums are metal classics
----
Stay Metal !!!
06.07.2006 - 16:46
Dam3k
Well, from that list I just like Sepultura, Metallica and Megadeth, I truly don't enjoy the genre that much but... among the ones I've said I went for Metallica cuz they are fucking awesome, I don't care about what people say they are one of the greatest and I like even St.anger... so my vote goes for them
----

06.07.2006 - 17:24
Stigmatized
Slayer. They were part of the big four with Metallica, Megadeth and Anthrax that led the thrash movement. I like all of those bands but Slayer has stuck with me a lot better, so Slayer it is. My second choice would have to be Megadeth followed by Pantera.
06.07.2006 - 20:48
Mega-Slayer
Damn,every time there is a thread like this.its too fucking hard for me to decide.They are all pretty different in styles,but Megadeth has released the most solid albums and Exodus is my 2 fav.,cuz Gary Holt is an exceptional guitarist and Paul Baloff was the greatest vocalist on "Bonded By Blood",RIP Paul.Then there is Kreator,their pure fucking speed,non stop on their first albums.I mean how can you not like lightning fast solos and aggressive vocals from Millie Petrozza.
----

Intestinally Punctured Smurf
06.07.2006 - 20:54
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
Slayer.

But I love Pantera too, Destruction, Exodus, Morbid Saint. It is just that.. you know.. Slayer released South Of Heaven..
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
06.07.2006 - 21:01
Markku
Account deleted
I'd probably choose between Anacrusis or Watchtower, unfortunately none of them is on the list.
06.07.2006 - 21:49
tulkas
el parcero
When it comes to tharsh metal nothing will ever catch up to Slayer. They´re one of the best bands ever, excellent music, great lyrics, great albums, and about the musicians themselves Also, unlike other bands, like Metallica, they still continue to produce excellent music despite being in the bussiness for over 20 years. Slayer untill the end
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
06.07.2006 - 21:54
Valentin B
Iconoclast
unbelievably,i'm the first one to vote megadeth.they have it man!!quintesential thrash.just listen to "kick the chair"-brutal!!:D
06.07.2006 - 22:00
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
I have never liked Megadeth. Dunno why, but they just don't have it. I'd prefer listening Old Metallica.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
07.07.2006 - 00:15
Trifixion
Account deleted
So one day these guys Slayer made this album and decided to call it Reign In Blood, and I heard it, and I was like hey this is awesome.
Then they released another album called South Of Heaven and this was cool too.
Then they made another album and called it Seasons In The Abyss and it was, again, cool.
And before all this they hade these 2 neat little albums called Show No Mercy and Hell Awaits, as well as the besterest EP ever made.
Yeah Slayer
07.07.2006 - 00:55
okt31
Account deleted
Megadeth until Rust in Peace is fantastic, even later are good. Especially on the double live album it's shown how many great songs they have..
07.07.2006 - 01:39
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I voted for Slayer like I did on the last 4 best thrash band polls.
07.07.2006 - 02:15
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
My favourite out of the list would be Slayer. They are my favourite thrash metal band and all their albums that came out in the 80s are my favourite albums and get played on a daily basis. Jeff's and Kerry's guitar work is amazing with the riffs that the two come up with... plus "Reign In Blood" is one of the all time best metal albums created. Plus they were one of the leading thrash bands (Slayer, Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax) around in the 80's.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
07.07.2006 - 05:41
Mega-Slayer
I also really enjoy the often overlooked band,Overkill.Years Of Decay is their greatest work,every track from first to last is awesome.Overkill should've had more success and publicity.
----

07.07.2006 - 10:18
EvilOstrich
Account deleted
The problem with a thread like this is that I would love to vote for any number of bands, but when Slayer is one of the choices, then there is NO other choice to pick. They are the greatest most awsomest band the world has ever seen. Out of the American thrash bands, they are one of the only ones to still stick to their guns. Just witness the recent controversy that has surrounded them. Kerry and Jeff are one of the coolest guitar duos ever, Dave Lombardo is a drum master extrordinare (and so is/was Paul Bostaph for that matter) and Tom, well, he's freaking Tom. Hell Awaits is probably the creepiest thrash metal album ever, which is why it's my favorite album ever. So, all hail the almighty Slayer

But, since I feel like I am qualified to give some other opinions on the subject, other thrash bands that get recognition from me that aren't on the list of choices would include the amazing Anacrusis, the somewhat obscure Blind Illusion, the dutch masters Artillery, east coast titans Whiplash, and of course, Sodom.
08.07.2006 - 02:09
Baz Anderson
staff
i never had thrash metal down as one of my favorites, although i did enjoy the music - but latley i have been getting into more and more thrash - especially Exodus!

i have voted for Pantera though, and i am quite surprised i am the oinly one thus far to have done so
Pantera were always one of the best in my books, i love all of their 'Cowboys From Hell' and after albums including the last one they did that everyone seemed to reject
Slayer would have been my next choice - they have also been one of the best in my mind
and then Exodus - i have to say i love the new album 'Shovel Headed Kill Machine' - what an album!!
08.07.2006 - 12:33
lordz
IzZo
love slayer
Pantera shouldnt be in this poll
Metallica and Megadeth good good
but voted For Sepultura ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTS BLOOOODY ROOOOOOOOTS
09.07.2006 - 07:27
Ibanez07
Account deleted
Other- in my opinion Mudvayne is the best. A lot of people would call them Alt-Metal or something...but they seem to encompass the elements of Thrash to me...so there ya go.
09.07.2006 - 07:31
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
wha??? That's a new one
09.07.2006 - 07:33
Endoftherainbow
For me it's a tough choice between Megadeth and Slayer. I've seen both bands live and Slayer was just recently and I would say that Slayer is the better live band so I will vote for them because to me the albums of both bands are pretty much equal. I wish every thrash album was made like Show No Mercy. Also Mudvayne isn't thrash at all and I would like it explained to me the thrash elements they encorperate into their music.
09.07.2006 - 07:36
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Written by Guest on 09.07.2006 at 07:27

Other- in my opinion Mudvayne is the best. A lot of people would call them Alt-Metal or something...but they seem to encompass the elements of Thrash to me...so there ya go.

Mudvayne?? Thash?? Ooooookay ... how can you consider them to be thrash?
----

Hellcunt Smurf
09.07.2006 - 09:30
Mega-Slayer
Written by Xtreme Jax on 09.07.2006 at 07:36

How can you associate mudvayne with great thrash bands,such as the ones listed?
----

09.07.2006 - 09:43
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Written by Mega-Slayer on 09.07.2006 at 09:30

Haha my thoughts exactly!! Even if you can some how find in a bizzar way that Mudvayne are Thrash, how can you compare them with Slayer and Megadeth and the rest. CRAZY!!
----

Hellcunt Smurf
09.07.2006 - 11:34
Vunts
Since i first heard Overkill, no other thrash band has come even close to their writing ability and their vocalist. But i won't start complaining about the poll.
Overkill was also the band that got me into metal, so that's one more factor for them that they'll never lose. Though i haven't heard every release that they've made, what i've heard, is pure power. For example Killbox 13 and From the Underground and Below. I can't see any thrash bands removing Overkill from my top. And yes, i've listened to almost every band here. For the conclusion, i'll give a few words about them also.

Metallica - talked about too much.
Megadeth - the stuff that i've heard is just too soft...
Sepultura - i will never understand why people like this band (the sentence was not like i mixed up Soulfly with Sepultura. It meant just what i said)
Slayer - a few great songs, but other than that, rather average
Kreator - can't enjoy them
Destruction - this is the one i haven't listened to. I think i'll try to do it now
Pantera - again, a few great songs, but other than that...
Exodus - lately, i've found some of their releases to be very refreshing. Even to the extent that they're very close to Overkill.
09.07.2006 - 22:26
Mega-Slayer
Written by Vunts on 09.07.2006 at 11:34

Since i first heard Overkill, no other thrash band has come even close to their writing ability and their vocalist. But i won't start complaining about the poll.
Overkill was also the band that got me into metal, so that's one more factor for them that they'll never lose. Though i haven't heard every release that they've made, what i've heard, is pure power. For example Killbox 13 and From the Underground and Below. I can't see any thrash bands removing Overkill from my top. And yes, i've listened to almost every band here. For the conclusion, i'll give a few words about them also.

Metallica - talked about too much.
Megadeth - the stuff that i've heard is just too soft...
Sepultura - i will never understand why people like this band (the sentence was not like i mixed up Soulfly with Sepultura. It meant just what i said)
Slayer - a few great songs, but other than that, rather average
Kreator - can't enjoy them
Destruction - this is the one i haven't listened to. I think i'll try to do it now
Pantera - again, a few great songs, but other than that...
Exodus - lately, i've found some of their releases to be very refreshing. Even to the extent that they're very close to Overkill.

what makes Overkill such an awesome band,is the fact that after 20 years they're still playing thrash,unlike most others.
Since Thrash is my fav. metal genre I could talk about so many bands,so another band I need to mention is Testament.Though Testament's first release was a bit later than others I still think their one of the greater thrash bands,their first three albums are a must own.Chuck's voice and Alex's guitar work go great together.If you dont know Testament you dont know Thrash.
----

09.07.2006 - 23:13
Daru Jericho
Megadeth for me. They were the first thrash band I ever heard and they're also one of my favourite bands. I like their music style. It changed over the years for better and for worse but the latest album for me proves they still have it in them to create a good release.

There are other awesome thrash bands both on and off that list though.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

10.07.2006 - 00:20
MaritoM@nson
Account deleted
Sepultura for me... but the older one.. MAX ERA WAS THE BEST!!
10.07.2006 - 00:25
MaritoM@nson
Account deleted
Mudvayne trash metal?? come on dude i'm a fan of mudvayne but they are not trash alternative metal and they are one of the best but at alternative...
10.07.2006 - 01:08
Ibanez07
Account deleted
Written by Mega-Slayer on 09.07.2006 at 09:30

Thrash for me is all about musical technique. It's very distinct, and particular playing/vocal style. The basslines and guitar riffs of Mudvayne [especially the newer, faster paced stuff] are quite thrashesque, and Chad Grey's vocals are very much the epitome of the genre. As for the 'great bands' listed...all I see are a bunch of bands with overrated guitarists [i.e. Dave Mustaine, Kerry King, Kirk Hammett] worshipped as false idols by legions of angsty high school kids.
10.07.2006 - 14:09
Baz Anderson
staff
Ibanez07: i dont think you can really know much about thrash metal at all
go and listen to some real thrash metal and then come back in here