Metal Storm logo
Best Thrash Band

Original post

Posted by Dreamwar_86, 06.07.2006 - 15:56
Thrash.. is maybe one of the best styles of metal there are many great bands from the US and from germany too , whats your favorite

so give me your opinion what band is faster,more original,more heavy etc.

for me Metallica they are simply brilliant well they were first 4 albums are metal classics

Poll

What band is better?

Slayer
Metallica
Other...
Megadeth
Kreator
Pantera
Sepultura
Exodus
Destruction

Total votes: 456
16.05.2011 - 22:02
Guib
Thrash Talker
I must admit though, the poll started shouldve put Testament instead of Pantera lol
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
17.05.2011 - 00:26
king_matt
Written by Guib on 16.05.2011 at 22:02

I must admit though, the poll started shouldve put Testament instead of Pantera lol

I'm not hating on Pantera but I agree
----
http://www.last.fm/user/King_Matt
17.05.2011 - 18:35
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by king_matt on 17.05.2011 at 00:26

I don't hate pantera its just that in term of Thrash metal I think Testament accomplished more than they did
... Pantera's fine, just not as thrash as Testament IMO
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
17.05.2011 - 19:19
Bulletdodger
Metallica and Slayer are the best in my opinion.
----
Aus dem Paradies, das Cantor uns geschaffen, soll uns niemand vertreiben können.
David Hilbert
18.05.2011 - 15:32
king_matt
Written by Guib on 17.05.2011 at 18:35

Written by king_matt on 17.05.2011 at 00:26

I don't hate pantera its just that in term of Thrash metal I think Testament accomplished more than they did
... Pantera's fine, just not as thrash as Testament IMO

Yep
----
http://www.last.fm/user/King_Matt
07.08.2011 - 00:14
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Metallica FTW. Their first four albums are....unbeatable.
07.08.2011 - 01:49
Metal_4Ever
78 for Metallica 78 for Slayer what a epic competition
as well as my vote goes to Metallica I loved their thrash and they're the only Thrash metal band I listening to it.
I loved by them "Kill 'Em All - Master of Poppits - The Black Album which also called (Metallica)
11.08.2011 - 00:09
marouco
Written by king_matt on 27.04.2011 at 02:43

Written by marouco on 05.02.2011 at 17:35

No Heathen, no Desaster, no Possessed, no Agent Steel, No Overkill, no Annihilator but the shity pantera is in there...

Why don't you like Pantera? They had an original sound and a great guitarist. It may sound a little over-produced, but that doesn't mean it's bad by any means.

Quite late reply ...just because Overkill kick their fucking asses...just to name one Thrash Metal band among many much better than Pantera, just that, I think Pantera has many Hardcore influencies while real Thrash Metal bands are more into punk.
11.08.2011 - 01:06
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by marouco on 11.08.2011 at 00:09

Written by king_matt on 27.04.2011 at 02:43

Written by marouco on 05.02.2011 at 17:35

No Heathen, no Desaster, no Possessed, no Agent Steel, No Overkill, no Annihilator but the shity pantera is in there...

Why don't you like Pantera? They had an original sound and a great guitarist. It may sound a little over-produced, but that doesn't mean it's bad by any means.

Quite late reply ...just because Overkill kick their fucking asses...just to name one Thrash Metal band among many much better than Pantera, just that, I think Pantera has many Hardcore influencies while real Thrash Metal bands are more into punk.

Yeah ur right I don't understand why Overkill ain't there lol
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
11.08.2011 - 01:11
fabregassed
Account deleted
I don't know. Metallica's albums don't stand the test of time for me. It isn't that I've overplayed them, I got pretty bored of them by the time I was about 15/16.
11.08.2011 - 18:46
Lit. Metalhead
Account deleted
Shouldn't Exodus be up there?
11.08.2011 - 18:51
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by Guest on 11.08.2011 at 18:46

They are...in second-last place.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
11.08.2011 - 19:12
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 11.08.2011 at 18:51

Written by Guest on 11.08.2011 at 18:46

They are...in second-last place.

Ah, Didn't notice them. Thank you.
11.08.2011 - 19:44
Steelreaper
Testament, Testament, Testament, Testament, Testament, Testament, and Testament. Also no Overkill, Heathen, or Coroner?
----
"I see the world's bones, I see the world dead" Max Cavalera
13.08.2011 - 22:06
Kreator or Slayer
16.08.2011 - 05:01
Mothman
I wanted to vote for Pantera, but they're more Groove Metal than Thrash. I picked Megadeth instead. The guys have been doing it longer, and kept me interested even with their newest releases.
19.08.2011 - 21:54
qlacs
"The Quaker"
Written by Guest on 11.08.2011 at 01:11

I don't know. Metallica's albums don't stand the test of time for me. It isn't that I've overplayed them, I got pretty bored of them by the time I was about 15/16.

Same happened with me dood. The first thrash bands I turned into was Metallica and Testament, I still like the last one, but then I turned into Megadeth and Pantera.

Vote goes for Pantera because of Far Beyond Driver and Vulgar Display of Power, which is one of my favourite albums.
----
07.10.2011 - 20:21
metalheadpunk
Account deleted
Metallica's first two albums are pure thrash put after that not so much and in the 90's to now they just suck cock. Slayer is probably the greatest thrash band. They started out as thrash and stayed thrash and they always will. Metallica should be last if not close to it.
08.10.2011 - 17:38
Guib
Thrash Talker
In those choices its Exodus for me, but there's so many good thrash metal bands, and so many awesome releases since the 80's that its a bit too hard to chose IMO. I mean in restricted choices its easy but when you go global and add bands like Lääz Rockit, Anacrusis, Coroner, Death Angel, Overkill, Sodom, Assassin, Deathrow, Tankard. There's no such thing as a Best Thrash Metal band.
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
11.10.2011 - 14:03
edgethrasherx
I love all these bands, so this is a hard one, but i think its gotta be slayer. I love thrash and i love all those bands. But slayer got me into thrash, and they probably are the kings of thrash! SLAYER!!
----
"killing for religion. something i don't understand"-Dave Mustaine
11.10.2011 - 22:10
God this was a hard choice! I chose Exodus out of the list up there, but there are also loads more amazing thrash bands out there! Metallica's first four albums were great for me, but after the shit they pulled since then they arn't getting my vote haha
----
THRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH!
13.10.2011 - 21:23
LichBorne
Metallica is simply the best. no discusion about that... but guys, you should see Exodus alive! those guys can make my head bang even when I'm sleeping!
13.10.2011 - 22:03
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by LichBorne on 13.10.2011 at 21:23
Metallica is simply the best. no discusion about that...

Actually there's really quite the discussion about that.

Have you ever heard of the Metallica vs. Megadeth argument? (Not a fan of either band by the way, just responding to the "no discussion" comment.)
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
14.10.2011 - 06:09
Guib
Thrash Talker

Metallica is simply the best. no discusion about that... but guys, you should see Exodus alive! those guys can make my head bang even when I'm sleeping!

Lol I think you should explore thrash a bit more you would see that metallica is far from what you can call BEST.
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
14.10.2011 - 09:54
LichBorne
Written by Guib on 14.10.2011 at 06:09

Lol I think you should explore thrash a bit more you would see that metallica is far from what you can call BEST.

hehe... I'm a hardcore power-metal-head, so I guess you are right!
14.10.2011 - 10:00
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by LichBorne on 14.10.2011 at 09:54

Have you heard of Artillery? If you like power but you wanna venture into some thrash, Artillery's more modern works would be right up your alley. And Imagika, Résistance, Megahera, etc.

Although I can't really say much about those albums - I just listen to a song or two from Youtube to see if I should check them out.
----
14.10.2011 - 10:02
LichBorne
Written by Troy Killjoy on 13.10.2011 at 22:03

Metallica is simply the best. no discusion about that...

Actually there's really quite the discussion about that.

Have you ever heard of the Metallica vs. Megadeth argument? (Not a fan of either band by the way, just responding to the "no discussion" comment.)

I guess you didnt understand what I'm saying... But, anyway... I am not that huge thrash metal fan, so I can talk about it just like that... I'm just saying that Metallica has more fans then Megadeth (even here on Mealstorm).
14.10.2011 - 10:07
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by LichBorne on 14.10.2011 at 10:02
I'm just saying that Metallica has more fans then Megadeth (even here on Mealstorm).

More fans =/= better quality.

Again, not that I'm arguing because I love or hate either band, that's just my general opinion.
----
14.10.2011 - 10:29
LichBorne
Written by Troy Killjoy on 14.10.2011 at 10:00

Written by LichBorne on 14.10.2011 at 09:54

Have you heard of Artillery? If you like power but you wanna venture into some thrash, Artillery's more modern works would be right up your alley. And Imagika, Résistance, Megahera, etc.

Although I can't really say much about those albums - I just listen to a song or two from Youtube to see if I should check them out.

ye, Artillery is awesome... they are more thrash then power, but anyway... I like them! and I will see about this other bands you meantioned.
14.10.2011 - 10:31
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by LichBorne on 14.10.2011 at 10:29
they are more thrash then power, but anyway... I like them!

Ya I only mentioned them because of their...hybrid style I guess, even though the focus is definitely on thrash.

The other bands are kind of thrash/heavy/power or whatever, so you should enjoy them based on your musical taste.

As for who I think the best thrash band is (to respond to the topic)... Probably Sodom, Overkill, or Slayer. Don't make me pick because I can't.
----