Metal Storm logo
Recommend Russian Metal Bands

14.01.2009 - 11:44
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Hey guys, plz recommend me some good russian bands. I know "Shah" and "Forest Stream". the second one is a very nice doom band. and shah is a thrash band. I recommend both of them, cuase they r really nice bands.
plz tell me about the genre of the band which u want to talk about.
14.01.2009 - 11:46
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
If you like epic doom I can recommend you Scald. Really nice vikingish epic doom.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

14.01.2009 - 12:02
FOOCK Nam

Nomans Land, Dryados, Autumn Rain Melancholy. The first one is viking/folk, second is black metal with piano, and gothic doom for the third.
14.01.2009 - 15:03
routa
Account deleted
Scald seconded!

Aria is pretty well known Russian heavy metal band: http://www.myspace.com/arians

People are probably going to mention Temnozor and Arkona, which seem to be the biggest folk acts from Russia.
14.01.2009 - 16:36
VPeter

Scald is indeed great and I would also recommend Arkona.
For the rest there is: Alkonost(Folk metal with some Doom and other in the mix), Butterfly Temple(Folk Doom), Tvangeste(symphonic black), Kruiz(speed metal), Nomans Land(Viking Metal, Tumulus(Folk metal), Pagan reign(Folk Metal)
Russia has some great metal, it's really an underestimated Metal country.
14.01.2009 - 16:40
Hamird
Lieutenant
I think you'd like Aria. I like them, although I listen to Heavy metal rarely, and I like their album called Chimera.
14.01.2009 - 16:55
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Why the "Interview"? There's Tenochtitlan, which is Doom, though I don't really like it myself. Others seem to like it better.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
14.01.2009 - 17:27
Deadsoulman

Seeing you enjoy Forest Stream, you might want to check Mysticalgate, a nice doom band somewhere between Forest Stream and Shape Of Despair.

Edit: I changed "Interview" to "Recommend" because I guess that's actual point of this topic, right?
14.01.2009 - 19:32
zeppelin
Account deleted
Try Gorky Park - Album is called "Парк Горького" (Russian title)
14.01.2009 - 20:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Why you did not open this 3 mobths ago?

In Russia arte a lot of good doom bands read my post 3 months ago in ''last album you listened'' I post many names of good bands and albums, also in Russia has good old school bands death, thrash, heavy

I have such bands in my PC
MP3:
Abstrtact Spirit, Adolf Castle, Adoniram, Agloamorpha, Alkonost, Ambrazura, Amederia, Angels n Demons(early roots of Gorky park,but much heavyer n better), Ankhagram, Arbirator, Aria, Arkona, Ashen Light, Aspid, Black Obelisk(Černy Obelisk), Black Countless(man igf you like female and sex whit 2 girls in sexy underwear read lyrics), Blackthron, Blaze Bomer, Bloodrain, Dis Pater, Eclipse, Ekklesiast, First Aid, Forest Stream Gothic Sky, Great Sorrow, Harmony in Grotesque, Hellraiser, Hexenhammer, Insdier You, Kauan, Kruger, Lady Winter,Letergy Dream, Master, Mental Home, Miscreant, Mystic Gate, Odium, Ordalion, Rakohot, Sangra, Tvangeste, Scald, Sargatanas, Seducer's Embaze, Shah, Sinfull, Templum Slavus, The Arrow and Vo Skobryah

Full albums, CD, etc:

Ankohgram, Antisacrum , Aryavarta, Autumn, Decepitive, Enshade, Comatose Vigal, Canonis, Godwish, Flegaton, Formula 1, Exumanation + 2 what's not whit me right now

Yes i own fiew mp3 from each and + albums from last list

Black God you know me what music I like so try fiew bands in MA and yous ee how great are they
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
14.01.2009 - 22:19
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Mechanical Poet is a pretty solid progressive metal band from Russia...you should check them out...
15.01.2009 - 06:28
Wonderlost
Account deleted
Omg, I'm originally from Russia and I don't know half of these bands. Thanks guys
15.01.2009 - 06:49
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Doom is the genre to which Russia has the most to offer... Forest Stream, Black Forest, Comatose Vigil and Scald are all amazing shit.
15.01.2009 - 12:22
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I forgot mentioned Korozia Metala, funny band who' used some stripclub dancers into shows in late 80's KGB agents shut down many shows, it was moust shoking band there

i mentioned Aria, but forgot Kipelov
----

apos;'
[image]
15.01.2009 - 13:21
Abattoir

Crystal Abyss and Stigmatic Chorus

These two bands plays quite good symphonic/black metal.
15.01.2009 - 13:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 15.01.2009 at 06:49

Doom is the genre to which Russia has the most to offer... Forest Stream, Black Forest, Comatose Vigil and Scald are all amazing shit.

Russian doom scene is new one, it start in mid 90's but all good mid 90's bands are hard to find and split up, now there secend wawe of russian doom scene and all good bands form in after 2000 mabe leither there also 2007 and wery good bands , and I see future into russian doom
----

apos;'
[image]
15.01.2009 - 13:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 15.01.2009 at 06:28

Omg, I'm originally from Russia and I don't know half of these bands. Thanks guys

Those bands are underground , moustly I mentioned doom bands who's underground in doomester world, w eknow those also old school death, heavy, thrash who's split up in mid 90's so I dunno how long you live in Isreal but you're to young to knowing those bands to ,
----

apos;'
[image]
15.01.2009 - 13:50
Wonderlost
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 15.01.2009 at 13:41

Those bands are underground , moustly I mentioned doom bands who's underground in doomester world, w eknow those also old school death, heavy, thrash who's split up in mid 90's so I dunno how long you live in Isreal but you're to young to knowing those bands to ,

Yeah well, I'm in this shithole since the age of 2 years old :|
15.01.2009 - 13:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 15.01.2009 at 13:50

In this more its more you shood know Bishop of Hexen and other Isreali bandsmore how Russian
----

apos;'
[image]
15.01.2009 - 16:00
Wonderlost
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 15.01.2009 at 13:55

Written by Guest on 15.01.2009 at 13:50

In this more its more you shood know Bishop of Hexen and other Isreali bandsmore how Russian

I know Israeli bands.. I was talking about stuff from Russia only.
15.01.2009 - 17:04
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
I don't know if you are gonna be interested, bu there are three great Russian Power Metal bands: Catharsis, Epidemia, and Arida Vortex. Also one of the greatest albums to have ever come from Russia is Zatmenie by the band with same name.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
15.01.2009 - 18:34
Khaldi

I can recomend you very nice Russian BM bands

Varhorn , Valhalla, Thy Repentance, kob, Волчий Источник, Навь, Sect, Beyond Ye Grave, early albums of Forest (now they playing N.S. black metal (( ) , Crystal Abyss (it's a fucking awesome sympho black ) , Act Of God (operatic death black metal (with female vocals)) , Abstract spirit (funeral doom and atmospheric depressive black metal ) , Rossomahaar (male piece of Arkona) ....

Some bands i write here by Russian letters becouse i dont know how it can be well written by English letters !
----
Urartu is a NeoHittite and ProtoArmenian kingdom !!
15.01.2009 - 18:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Khaldi on 15.01.2009 at 18:34

Волчий Источник, Volk something about wolfs dunno

Навь,- something like Nav

----

apos;'
[image]
15.01.2009 - 18:48
Khaldi

Written by Bad English on 15.01.2009 at 18:38

All rights we can use Metal-archives.com

навь- NAV' - http://metal-archives.com/band.php?id=12076

Волчий Источник - Volchii Istochnik -Wolf's Sourse (or something with this effect) - http://metal-archives.com/band.php?id=70500

----
Urartu is a NeoHittite and ProtoArmenian kingdom !!
15.01.2009 - 18:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Khaldi on 15.01.2009 at 18:48

Written by Bad English on 15.01.2009 at 18:38

All rights we can use Metal-archives.com

навь- NAV' - http://metal-archives.com/band.php?id=12076

Волчий Источник - Volchii Istochnik -Wolf's Sourse (or something with this effect) - http://metal-archives.com/band.php?id=70500

I know NAV its good band indeed, remaidns me some oi band ;lol: even much better
----

apos;'
[image]
17.01.2009 - 22:12
ForeverDarkWoods

Alkonost is great and among the best. Apart from that, a lot of the doom bands that's been mentioned are awesome. I especially like Comatose Vigil.

Of the bands that I can't see any mention of, the most notable one would be Old Wainds from Murmansk. They're an excellent black metal band.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
17.01.2009 - 22:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 17.01.2009 at 22:12

Alkonost is great and among the best. Apart from that, a lot of the doom bands that's been mentioned are awesome. I especially like Comatose Vigil.

Of the bands that I can't see any mention of, the most notable one would be Old Wainds from Murmansk. They're an excellent black metal band.

Good bandd I and know Old Vainds, even I have nothing but I know band, its exelent
----

apos;'
[image]
17.01.2009 - 22:27
Øyvind
Grave Digger
I'd recommend Pagan Reign (folk metal), and two not-so-serious bands Kuvalda and Yovil, try checking those out, I see Pagan Reign's already been mentioned.
----
18.01.2009 - 18:22
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 14.01.2009 at 11:46

If you like epic doom I can recommend you Scald. Really nice vikingish epic doom.

yes ill try it for sure.
18.01.2009 - 18:42
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
First of all Ive been forgoten that Ive opened this thread!

thanks for all ur posts. I dont have energy to answer all of ur posts. but I like Ur recomended pagan/doom/epic/folk/ymphonic/death doom/ all bout doom and gothlike things.

@lucas it was my fault sorry.

@Collin thankz yes ive meant that.

@Southern Wind Comatose Vigil seem a nice band thankz

@routa Temnozor and Arkona.

@K7 I will read ur big post later cause now I cant read a huge post like that (I have less time right now)

I'll answer for others later. thankz ppl