Metal Storm logo
Metallica - To Be Inducted Into Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame

Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame announced its 2009 Inductees, one of them being Metallica. On April 4, 2009, the Induction Ceremony will take place in Cleveland for the first time since 1997. The 2009 Induction Ceremony will be broadcast live on Fuse TV.

According to a Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame press release, Metallica is the most successful heavy metal band of the past quarter centry. Metallica's line-up has primarily consisted of drummer Lars Ulrich, rhythm guitarist, vocalist James Hetfield, and lead guitarist Kirk Hammett, as well as current bass player Robert Trujillo. Longtime bassists for the band, the late Cliff Burton, and Jason Newsted, are also being inducted. Metallica's early releases included fast tempos, instrumentals, and aggressive musicianship that placed them as one of the "big four" of the thrash metal subgenre alongside Slayer, Megadeth, and Anthrax. The band earned a growing fan base in the underground music community and critical acclaim, with the 1986 release "Master of Puppets" described as one of the most influential and "heavy" thrash metal albums. The band achieved substantial commercial success with its self-titled 1991 album, which debuted at number one on the Billboard 200. With this release the band expanded its musical direction resulting in an album that appealed to a more mainstream audience.

The 2009 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame performer inductees were chosen by the 600 voters of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation. Artists are eligible for inclusion in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame twenty-five years after their first recording is released.

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame honors the legendary performers, producers, songwriters, disc jockeys and others who have made rock and roll the force that it is in our culture. For over two decades, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation has been nominating and electing those figures, and honoring them at an annual ceremony that has become one of the most celebrated events of the year, and certainly one of the hottest tickets in rock.

All info here and on http://www.rockhall.com.

Source: rockhall.com
Band profile: Metallica
Posted: 15.01.2009 by pazuzuovbabel

Comments page 2 / 3

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 66   Visited by: 397 users
15.01.2009 - 23:55
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.01.2009 at 17:10

Written by deadbraincells on 15.01.2009 at 17:01

..., skateboards...

I had Anthrax's skateboard didn't trust a Metallica one casue James broke his hand/arm using one

I like u marcel! always u have somthin to answer. a 40 years metal man. hmmm lol
16.01.2009 - 02:38
thesabbathfan
Gay.

the only good album was kill'em all, which was mustaines brainchild anyways
----
16.01.2009 - 03:34
Symmachus
Ok
16.01.2009 - 04:07
Urizen367
I hate the rock 'n' roll hall of fame. officially, permanently.
----
I will not reason and compare, my business is to create.
16.01.2009 - 06:13
Nyxgrinder
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.01.2009 at 16:19

Written by VPeter on 15.01.2009 at 16:01

Metallica are a disgrace they don't deserve any kind of honour.

Yes, Peter we know you hate them but that does not mean they don't deserve to be included here. Without Metallica metal wouldn't be as we knew it. You would not have had Sabbat and therefore Skyclad f.e.
Metallica are actually one of THE MOST influential metal bands ever. The only bands more influential than them would be Black Sabbath and arguably Judas Priest and Iron Maiden.

Saying Metallica shouldn't be here is like saying he Beatles shouldn't be here.

rock isn´t = metal so give metallica any shit they want they even apeared on the simpsons, so fucken sellouts and comertial
Judas sucks, and maiden and sabath can´t be writen on the same sentence with judas, except when they are getting separated from each other. come on breacking the law?
the only law he breacks is the natural law, ..................
16.01.2009 - 06:24
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Written by Nyxgrinder on 16.01.2009 at 06:13

rock isn´t = metal so give metallica any shit they want they even apeared on the simpsons, so fucken sellouts and comertial
Judas sucks, and maiden and sabath can´t be writen on the same sentence with judas, except when they are getting separated from each other. come on breacking the law?

And you are breaking the law as well....the "i cant spell for shit or speak english" law
16.01.2009 - 07:15
DoomGuard
Hahahah, hall of fame...pft
16.01.2009 - 07:51
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Written by Doc G. on 15.01.2009 at 22:36

Fuck the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame.

Epic words man!

And yes, I also think that Metallica do deserves to be in the hall of fame, even if Madonna is in there too, mmm maybe we need to create our own Rock Hall Of Fame. Well, Congratulations to Metallica and us (the fans).
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
16.01.2009 - 08:38
Opethian
Well deserved. Congrats you guys ! Death Magnetic kicks ass
16.01.2009 - 08:42
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Guest on 16.01.2009 at 06:24

Written by Nyxgrinder on 16.01.2009 at 06:13

And you are breaking the law as well....the "i cant spell for shit or speak english" law

Hes also breaking MS law, if by "Breaking natural law" hes hinting at something, wouldn't that classify as hateful slander equal to that of racism?

The results of inbreeding....
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
16.01.2009 - 12:55
Keiheji
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.01.2009 at 17:10

Written by deadbraincells on 15.01.2009 at 17:01

..., skateboards...

I had Anthrax's skateboard didn't trust a Metallica one casue James broke his hand/arm using one

LMAO Good Call!
16.01.2009 - 13:44
Manzo
Slayer next?
16.01.2009 - 18:09
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
It acually surprises me they havn't done this already. Like... many years ago when MOP was still "new" and not to much bullshit that came after.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
16.01.2009 - 20:02
juanopereira
This nomination should be happened before, but anyway, good news!
16.01.2009 - 21:13
Frankenchrist

Dude, you can dislike Metallica, but you can't even say they're a "disgrace". they've done more for metal music than any other band, ever.

ever the listened to "Master of Puppets?" yeah, it's pretty much a metal masterpiece.

sure, st.anger was a flop, but they came back with death magnetic, and they're still kicking ass live.

calling metallica a "disgrace" just blatantly displays your ignorance.
----
Blat Blat
16.01.2009 - 21:14
Frankenchrist
About time
----
Blat Blat
16.01.2009 - 21:27
VPeter
Written by Frankenchrist on 16.01.2009 at 21:13

Dude, you can dislike Metallica, but you can't even say they're a "disgrace". they've done more for metal music than any other band, ever.

ever the listened to "Master of Puppets?" yeah, it's pretty much a metal masterpiece.

sure, st.anger was a flop, but they came back with death magnetic, and they're still kicking ass live.

no master of puppets is a piece of shit just like Ride the lighting.
16.01.2009 - 21:40
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by VPeter on 16.01.2009 at 21:27

And this coming from someone who thinks Summoning and Mortiis are great
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

16.01.2009 - 22:25
VPeter
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 16.01.2009 at 21:40

they are and I hope one day you understand good taste as well
17.01.2009 - 16:46
MetalMo
Account deleted
Seriously, it should be called "Rock'n'Roll & co. Hall of Lame", it includes artists of many musical genres, and who knows, they might add rap in a year or two.
True metal bands' names -including Metallica's- should neverr be prounced in this trivial hall.
17.01.2009 - 17:01
Frankenchrist
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 16.01.2009 at 21:40

Wtf? dude, you need to learn your roots. dislike 'em if you want, but a disgrace?

yeah and seriously, industrial metal?
----
Blat Blat
17.01.2009 - 22:39
Fat & Sassy!
elite
Written by Guest on 17.01.2009 at 16:46

Seriously, it should be called "Rock'n'Roll & co. Hall of Lame", it includes artists of many musical genres, and who knows, they might add rap in a year or two.
True metal bands' names -including Metallica's- should neverr be prounced in this trivial hall.

Run DMC is also an inductee, sir.
17.01.2009 - 22:43
Fat & Sassy!
elite
Wait? Metallica is getting inducted before Iron Maiden. What the fuck?
18.01.2009 - 00:59
MetalMo
Account deleted
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 17.01.2009 at 22:39

Actually, i know though i've never heard of this "run DMC" before.
Anyway, what is a rap artist doing in a ROCK'n'roll hall of fame?
IMO the whole thing is a big pile of crap. Oh, and Metallica being inducted before Maiden doesnt mean that they are better.. nor worse.. Whatever...
19.01.2009 - 01:55
Fat & Sassy!
elite
Written by Guest on 18.01.2009 at 00:59

Written by Fat & Sassy! on 17.01.2009 at 22:39

Actually, i know though i've never heard of this "run DMC" before.
IMO the whole thing is a big pile of crap. Oh, and Metallica being inducted before Maiden doesnt mean that they are better.. nor worse.. Whatever...

I'm just confused that another band that originated BEFORE Metallica... that inspired them and many other bands to this day... don't get inducted before them...

For the record, I think they both deserve a place in there.
19.01.2009 - 12:14
MetalMo
Account deleted
I agree... maiden should have been inducted 8 years ago or so.
19.01.2009 - 18:12
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
elite

Run DMC are not Rap, they're Hip Hop. Also, they are a very important band in the world of Rock n Roll music, which includes more than just "Rock Bands".

As For Maiden, sure they are reviewed as gods in the Heavy Metal, but their popularity amongst the general population is nothing compared to that of Metallica.

In a follow up to this article: Metallica wants all their former members to be present for their induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. Well, except for Dave Mustaine. And the dead guy, of course.
----
(space for rent)
20.01.2009 - 07:54
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Dane Train on 19.01.2009 at 18:12

Run DMC are not Rap, they're Hip Hop. Also, they are a very important band in the world of Rock n Roll music, which includes more than just "Rock Bands".

As For Maiden, sure they are reviewed as gods in the Heavy Metal, but their popularity amongst the general population is nothing compared to that of Metallica.

In a follow up to this article: Metallica wants all their former members to be present for their induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. Well, except for Dave Mustaine. And the dead guy, of course.

I wonder who they consider former members?
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.01.2009 - 13:47
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Run DMC are not Rap, they're Hip Hop.
I'm wondering, can you explain why this is?
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
20.01.2009 - 13:52
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Syk on 20.01.2009 at 13:47

Run DMC are not Rap, they're Hip Hop.
I'm wondering, can you explain why this is?

That puzzled me as well, cause in the days of Run DMC Hip Hop was just a synonym for Rap.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

Hits total: 5512 | This month: 7