Metal Storm logo
Semper Dolens - Melodic Doom - France / the Nederlands

07.07.2006 - 00:37
Matthieu_s
Account deleted
This is a project of Matthieu (Remembrance, Lethian Dreams) and Misha (Akelei). We've recently completed 2 songs that you can listen to here:

http://www.myspace.com/semperdolens

The music can best be described as melancholic melodic doom. We took our name from 16th century Renaissance lutenist John Dowland ("Semper Dowland, semper dolens"). Translated from Latin, it means "always mournful".

Thanks for listening!
22.07.2006 - 18:50
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Currently listening to: Zo Stil.

Nice riffs, interesting vocals.. don't think I've heard them.. they're so.. distant.. Is that meant, or has that happened through recording?

Dammit, I really like it!
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
23.07.2006 - 00:14
Matthieu_s
Account deleted
Thanks for having checked our songs and for your comment !
I don't know about the vocals, I usually listen to the song with headphone and the volume seems correct, but on the middle part of Zo Stil the vocals were supposed to be on the background if that was what you meant. Anyway, those songs are to be re-recorded with a better production, for now those verions are just "very first recordings", so the sound quality is not very good.
23.07.2006 - 00:17
Lucas
Mr. Noise
No, not the background.. to me, it sounds like the instrumentation is 'normal', and the vocals are recorded in some huuge hangar, or something like that.. you should probably have speakers, I dunno..
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
01.10.2007 - 12:15
frons79

If you're interested in doom metal, please have a look at DOOM GATE new DUSK page
04.10.2007 - 15:23
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 07.07.2006 at 00:37

This is a project of Matthieu (Remembrance, Lethian Dreams) and Misha (Akelei). We've recently completed 2 songs that you can listen to here:

http://www.myspace.com/semperdolens

The music can best be described as melancholic melodic doom. We took our name from 16th century Renaissance lutenist John Dowland ("Semper Dowland, semper dolens"). Translated from Latin, it means "always mournful".

Thanks for listening!

SOunds interesting, and I'll be seeing Akelei at the Dutch Doom Day in November
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996