Metal Storm logo
Belgium, Wieze - Metal Female Voices Fest VII

Sirenia cancelled. A message from the band reads as follows: "Due to irregularities done in the booking procedure of the show at Metal Female Voices Fest, Sirenia's show at this specific festival will be cancelled. The band itself has nothing to do with this mishap, and we sadly regret this inconvenience for all our fans. We are determined to make this up to you with one or more shows in the same region at some later point. We will keep you posted."

Leaves' Eyes added for small acoustic show on the second day of the festival.

Headliners

DAY 1 (17.10)

Epica 22:40
Delain 21:10
Midnattsol 19:50
Krypteria 18:35
Flowing Tears 17:30
Autumn 16:30
Amberian Dawn 15:30
Kivimetsän Druidi 14:30
Manic Movement 13:30
UnSun 12:30
Whyzdom 11:30
Pinky Doodle Poodle 10:20

DAY 2 (18.10)

Tarja 21:30
Doro 19:30
Leaves' Eyes 19:05
Trail Of Tears 17:50
Van Canto 16:40
Darzamat 15:40
Stream Of Passion 14:40
Deadlock 13:40
Lahannya 12:40
Coronatus 11:40
To-Mera 10:40

Who was there?

Jason W. (USA) 100%
albatros (Germany) 100%
Dewil Rituale (Bulgaria) 100%
Caramelita (Finland) 100%
Dracius (UK) 50%
crimsontide (UK) 50%

Reviews

Photo galleries

Comments

Comments: 16   Visited by: 113 users
19.01.2009 - 07:49
Jason W.
Razorbliss
I am seriously considering going to this year's MFV Festival... so far all the four bands are ones I'd like to see, so if anyone here on MS has gone before, feel free to let me know about past years!
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
14.03.2009 - 19:28
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Oh the line up has become even better! To-Mera and Trail of Tears... ! Tickets should be going on sale soon then!
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
14.03.2009 - 19:31
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Jason W. on 14.03.2009 at 19:28

Oh the line up has become even better! To-Mera and Trail of Tears... ! Tickets should be going on sale soon then!

Looking at the date of the fest. Why not stay in europe for a further week or two and combine visiting this fest with Dutch Doom Days?
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

16.03.2009 - 07:32
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 14.03.2009 at 19:31

Looking at the date of the fest. Why not stay in europe for a further week or two and combine visiting this fest with Dutch Doom Days?

Hey that's a great idea, though I don't know how possible it will be for me to pull that off! If the DDD is the week immediately following it, I will surely consider it That would only mean 2 weeks off from work, something that could be arranged. More than that, I don't think the timing will be right. But I will keep it in mind
----
17.04.2009 - 10:20
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Okay! Hotel booked and ticket purchased If anyone from MS will be there, let me know!
----
06.06.2009 - 20:32
Abattoir

Damn, I would love to go to such nice festival, with all these cool bands...to bad that the date comes on weekend, otherwise it would be worth of attending it
16.06.2009 - 02:22
Thryce
Retired Staff
Written by Abattoir on 06.06.2009 at 20:32

Damn, I would love to go to such nice festival, with all these cool bands...to bad that the date comes on weekend, otherwise it would be worth of attending it

Most smaller festivals like this take place during weekends (and I'm pretty sure not only in Belgium). Normally, because most people are abstained from work/school in that period. Consequently, and in all probability, this means more people will be able to attend the festival, which means more profit in general. Call me economically retarded, but that formula sounds kind of logical. I don't really see the problem on first sight.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
16.06.2009 - 08:58
Abattoir

Written by Thryce on 16.06.2009 at 02:22

Written by Abattoir on 06.06.2009 at 20:32

Most smaller festivals like this take place during weekends (and I'm pretty sure not only in Belgium). Normally, because most people are abstained from work/school in that period. Consequently, and in all probability, this means more people will be able to attend the festival, which means more profit in general. Call me economically retarded, but that formula sounds kind of logical. I don't really see the problem on first sight.

Yea, I completely understand and agree with you. Of course it's more economically for the festival generally. It's also the time of year, that most people haven't got time during the week, because of different obligations, like you already mentioned.

Well, I'll have to check if there is any other similar festivals around the middle Europe.
25.06.2009 - 15:35
csiga
Munin
Sirenia cancelled!
----

i survived the lake bodom!
27.06.2009 - 12:39
Abattoir

Epica also...damn, I'm gonna eat myself for missing this festival. Well, I still give a little chances...
29.06.2009 - 07:47
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Written by Abattoir on 27.06.2009 at 12:39

Epica also...damn, I'm gonna eat myself for missing this festival. Well, I still give a little chances...

Yes the announcement of Epica has just added one more great band to look forward to for this year's festival (and their new cd due out soon!) Considering I'm sure many of the attendees will be trying to talk to Simone, hopefully I'll have some ample time to chat with Arien and/or Mark too. And for you, hopefully your chances to attend will improve, this year's lineup could be the best one I've seen yet, and it'd be great to meet up with some MSers during my first trip to Belgium/MFVF.
----
03.10.2009 - 08:38
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Added the time schedule for each day A full 100 minutes for Epica, and wow it will be a great day to start with some To-Mera live before noon on Sunday. I don't think I've seen too many bands play that early
----
22.10.2009 - 15:55
albatros

It was a wonderful festival. I met Dismaleuphony, which was also nice.

My highlights the first day were Autumn and Midnattsol, both with inspired performances. I also liked Amberian Dawn a lot. Good vocals and some catchy and powerful songs there.

The second day I enjoyed Coronatus with a very good show around noon. The soprano voice of Carmen Schäfer is brilliant and speaking strictly for me it was by far the best of the festival. A little later there was a great bang-fest with Deadlock. These folks really celebrate their gigs. Trail Of Tears had lost me for a couple years but they are back with Cathrine Paulsen and that's a very good thing. And Doro impressed me with her inexhaustable energy once more.

However, all bands including Pinky Poodle were more or less enjoyable which made for very long days. Everything seemed well organized to me and it was a dedicated and friendly crowd. I'm glad I was there.
30.10.2009 - 13:08
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Written by albatros on 22.10.2009 at 15:55

It was a wonderful festival. I met Dismaleuphony, which was also nice.

Hey yes, it was great to meet you there

And about the festival, what a great organization of it for such a large place. And I agree with you here, all the bands were enjoyable to watch, no bad choices or disappointments. It was quite a long day with the first bands going on at 10.30am, so by the last band or two each night, I was near exhaustion (and fell asleep on the bus back to the hotel both nights)!

For me the highlights were also Autumn, and Coronatus surprised me by being an excellent live band with tons of action on stage. Other impressions for me were of course getting to see some of my favorite bands, Flowing Tears, Darzamat, and Trail Of Tears as well as To-Mera. Actually, maybe I was just exhausted because I'd had that great of a time and talked to and met so many people....

A concert review for MFVF is in the works, and will be up within the week, with a few really good pics of bands worth posting...
----
07.11.2009 - 01:31
albatros

12.11.2009 - 02:48
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Written by albatros on 07.11.2009 at 01:31

I've put a personal summary of this event online.

Hey cool! Your write up reminded me of a few conversations we had while at the festival. And you got a picture of the MFVF-girl, something I simply ended up not getting due to it coming out poorly both times, thanks I love all the lights in the Darzamat shot and your pic of the Epica fire show with Simone gives a good representation of what it was like to see it. I also liked the discussion about Coronatus too, I'm curious how the new album will be with Lisa now.
----

Hits total: 7788 | This month: 5