Metal Storm logo
Deathstars

Original post

Posted by Arwen, 07.07.2006 - 08:14
I wanted to ask people their opinion about that band, cause I was pleasantly chocked when I saw them a week afgo in Estonia when they performed in Hard Rock Laager. A band consisting of 5 young boys ( maybe not so young anymore ) Synthetic Gothic ,dark music with beautiful and deep vocals. AS much as I could tell, they're amazing and have lots of individual issues in their music, even the topics enbrace more the vival things and concern all the people. I'm just searching information about them and trying to get to know them, but I'm sure that I won't dissapoint in them.

The new generation as they say they are...Synthetic generation...

What do you think?
29.09.2009 - 18:54
SerratedSyringe

I just ordered Termination Bliss. If it's as good as I hear, I might order their other albums as well.

Blitzkrierg Boom is an amazing song, BTW.
----
Just another cog in this infernal machine....
01.10.2009 - 13:37
Warman
Erotic Stains
I'd love to see them write a longer song next time. Around 6 minutes or something. Something more than verse-bridge-verse-bridge-chorus-.
----
02.10.2009 - 12:44
Warman
Erotic Stains
Hell yeah! I'll see Deathstars live for the fourth time at the end of this month! Being the band I've seen most times, together with In Flames. Let's hope for some Puppets without strings/Now join the show/Demons without wings/We are death in vogue this time!
----
03.10.2009 - 17:27
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
^^Lucky batsard! I'm jealous, cause I won't be able to go see them in Vienna, as I planned. Ah well... They'll be more chances

Btw, I fully garee on a longer song, that would be just epic!
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
08.10.2009 - 03:06
His Eminence
Account deleted
Deathstars are a really good band. Night Electric Night is their best, with Termination Bliss second.
02.05.2010 - 12:02
SATANSCHAMBER666
Account deleted
Deathstars are an awesome band there newest album Night Electric Night is there best album yet in my opinion
02.05.2010 - 16:25
Kennoth

Yeah, I've heard a couple of songs. Quite decent, but their image is horrible (seen on videos)
----
*insert something deep and profound*
02.05.2010 - 18:00
kkktookmybaby

I would say termination bliss is their best, i was quite disappointed when i heard NEN because i had enjoyed termination so much..
08.06.2010 - 14:26
Warman
Erotic Stains
I saw them for the fourth time last night and every time they convince me that they're one of the best live bands out there. The show was at Gröna Lund (an amusement park), metal concerts are rarely any good there. Or like Whiplasher said: "Deathstars being here is like if Alcazar (a pop band) would be playing at a Black Metal festival".
But they still put on an awesome show, me and my friend were really surprised.

And guess what? Gene Simmons, Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer was in the audience (Kiss shows coming up in Scandinavia)! Wonder what they thought?

Setlist:
Night Electric Night
Motherzone
Semi-Automatic
Arclight
The Mark of the Gun
New Dead Nation
Babylon
The Fuel Ignites
Tounges
Damn Me
Chertograd
Blood Stains Blondes
Blitzkrieg Boom
Cyanide
Trinity Fields
Death Dies Hard
The Revolution Exodus
----
04.07.2010 - 05:25
SerratedSyringe

Written by Kennoth on 02.05.2010 at 16:25

Yeah, I've heard a couple of songs. Quite decent, but their image is horrible (seen on videos)

To be honest, I really like their image; I think it suits the music well. I would loose the sparkles though...
----
06.07.2010 - 14:34
Kennoth

Written by SerratedSyringe on 04.07.2010 at 05:25

To be honest, I really like their image; I think it suits the music well. I would loose the sparkles though...

Well..I can stand it, but I'm not really a fan of makeups of any kind (including, but not limited to corpsepaint).
----
*insert something deep and profound*
07.07.2010 - 00:05
SerratedSyringe

Written by Kennoth on 06.07.2010 at 14:34

Written by SerratedSyringe on 04.07.2010 at 05:25

Well..I can stand it, but I'm not really a fan of makeups of any kind (including, but not limited to corpsepaint).

To each his own, I guess.
----
25.12.2010 - 18:24
God of shadows

I like all of the albums they've made, except for "Decade Of Debauchery", because I haven't heard it yet. They're my favorite band, and I've got their first album recently
----
"Everything will be ok
I'll just sit down and watch some bullshit"
-Acrania
20.02.2011 - 16:16
ferm

I saw Deathstars live last summer at a festival here in Sweden. I did like their live preformance a lot Before that I had not heard them and when I later listened to some of their CD's, I did not like it very much. I guess they're a nice liveband
10.03.2011 - 23:50
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
I'm getting quite anxious and annoyed, since it has been almost two years since I last saw Deathstars. I mean, c'mon, they could come back or at least have a show anywhere near.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
08.09.2012 - 02:20
Warman
Erotic Stains
So am I the only one anxiously awaiting the next album? I thought it was just months away when the two "new" songs were released. Apparently not. I can't wait! Before "Night Electric Night" I was kinda afraid of having high hopes, since I loved "Termination Bliss" so much. But the album was just as kick ass, so my expectations are as high as they can be. I've recently moved to a new apartment, walking distance to Whiplasher, so I even might go knocking on his door soon.
----
27.09.2012 - 22:17
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Written by Warman on 08.09.2012 at 02:20

So am I the only one anxiously awaiting the next album? I thought it was just months away when the two "new" songs were released.

Nop man, you're not alone, same with me. I also thought that when METAL and Death Is Wasted On The Dead (which, btw, instantly became one of my Deathstar's faves) were released we were just inches away from the new release. I had a chance to see them live this march again and it got me all hyped again, but then nothing. Really hoping for something new, it's been way too long. And of course another tour when the album comes out And oh yea, I bumped into Whip on my way to the bathroom a the gig, it was so awesome

This is me & Vice tho (a bad photo, it was taken with a cell phone, but it's really him, I bumped into him the second time I went to the bathroom, caught him smoking):

----