Metal Storm logo
Deathstars

07.07.2006 - 08:14
Arwen
I wanted to ask people their opinion about that band, cause I was pleasantly chocked when I saw them a week afgo in Estonia when they performed in Hard Rock Laager. A band consisting of 5 young boys ( maybe not so young anymore ) Synthetic Gothic ,dark music with beautiful and deep vocals. AS much as I could tell, they're amazing and have lots of individual issues in their music, even the topics enbrace more the vival things and concern all the people. I'm just searching information about them and trying to get to know them, but I'm sure that I won't dissapoint in them.

The new generation as they say they are...Synthetic generation...

What do you think?
07.07.2006 - 10:00
Lord Of Flies
I have their latest album, termination bliss. I like it.
As you say at above, synthetic gloomy metal. Nice and simple guitar riffs, good drumming, mayby too much effects at drums, cool deep vocals and specialy at song "createst fight on the earth" has nice female vocals, there is nice contrast for male dark voice.

All these elemets create a very nice gloomy atmosphere for whole album.

My opinion from band is made only by this one album. I haven't heard older stuf from band, yet.
----
Heave can wait till another day
Yah! It stinks and is giving you a headache, - it's a diesel.

-95 Dodge Ram SLT Cummins 4x4
07.07.2006 - 10:45
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Hmm personally i thought this band would of been under the Alternative forum ... ohwell

Only heard one song from them, 'Cyanide' *ok i dont know how to spell it so khee* its ok. played it 3 times in a row because it was catchy as when i first heard it .It has this industrial synthetic style to it, reminds me a cross between Rammstein and sometihng else, i dont know. This is just a view of the one song that ive heard so.

Although i still think they're more alternative.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
08.07.2006 - 04:30
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I have both albums and they slam. The voice isd awesome, and the keyboard work is great too. The lyrics, well, pretty muhc about destruction and tht kinda stuff,. but it's deffinitely A MUST in a CD collection. and they should be added to MS. really, check them out. The FX in the drums gives them a lot of strenght, and the voice is complete darkness.

But shouldn't this thread be in the Alternative Metal Forum?
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
09.07.2006 - 00:59
Stigmatized
Meh, I have Termination Bliss and Cyanide is the only song with replay value. They're all catchy.....but none of them really stick with you.
09.07.2006 - 06:56
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
I checked out another track from their lastest album (cant remember what it was, i deleted it after i listened to it), and it bored me. So i went back and tried to listen to 'Cyanide' and im still trying to think what i actually found in that song. I played it for 30 seconds and skipped it. Its only catchy, nothing else really appealed to me.

Only two tracks, and its a thumbs down from me. Not for my taste. Still i think they belong in the Alternative Metal forum.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
09.07.2006 - 19:16
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I have the "synthetic generation" album and it didnt click with me. Maybe the other albums are good but this one didnt find it interesting at all.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
09.07.2006 - 20:28
Alkhemyst
I have heard their latest album and I saw them live at Tuska festival 2006. I don´t usually like this kind of music but Deathstars manage to be surprisingly enjoyable at their best. I liked their gig at Tuska but towards the end it became bit too repetitive. Their songs just sound bit too similar to each other. They have pretty good vocalist even though he looks like a lost member of the 69 Eyes :. At least they didn´t wear those lame facepaintings at Tuska.
----
Those words we have got
From the North´s furthest fields
From the heaths of Kalevala
11.07.2006 - 03:57
Ernis
狼獾
Oh Deathstars was COOL! I agree that they are more alternative than melodic metal topic but who the hell gives a shit anyhow...I got their latest album Termination Bliss and I enjoy it thoroughly though I amn't that huge fan of their style....yes, they remind me Rammstein a bit but as a friend said at Hard rock Laager...they were like five Mary Mansons at the stage simultaneously....a very funny and lively thing to witness and they brought along this boost of energy that just made people lose their minds...especially two goth girls who just needed to be brought back to earth for they were simply messing up the crowd in the moshpit...
about the female vocals....they are in the right place....in the song Tongues it is best represented....
14.07.2006 - 18:01
adorina
Account deleted
I LOVE the band, they are just beyond words. Their live was awesome, I nearly lost my voice screaming along to the lyrics. They´re so stylish Plus their video for Synthetic Generation is just stunning.
15.07.2006 - 18:10
marinBG
it's a cool band I think... would like to see them live...
----
...cause I don't give a fuck if you hate me!
16.07.2006 - 09:41
Throne of Rats
I must say they have the coolest image. I dont care much for their music though.
----
Burning Crosses, Invoke the Powers, Rape the Crown, Hell Awaits!!
18.07.2006 - 13:54
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
I absolutely adore Termination Bliss. Synthetic Generation didn't appeal to me that much. The whole combination of keyboards, guitar melodies and the vocals deep as hell is just so.... orgasmic? The Greatest Fight On Earth and Cyanide just make me fel ecstatic and momentarily their music reminds me of Rammstein, mostely due to keyboards.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
23.07.2006 - 21:40
Asat0r
I agree, there aren't too many stand out songs on the CD. I do enjoy Cyanide, and Motherzone a lot though. The vocals are amazing, I love how he gets incredibly deep.
25.07.2006 - 17:07
Termination Bliss is a really good album...vocalist is really good...these guys sound like a cross between Rammstein and Kovenant (but then again, Ram & kove are compared too).......whatever it is, I love this band
----
||SPACE FOR RENT||
30.07.2006 - 22:30
Vrana
I saw them playing live...I don't know, their music isn't soooo bad, actually, I got a good impresion, but I just don't like how they play on stage... it's in their own way, but I don't like it. And I also don't like how they are dressed up and all those things....
But hey, I was impresed by the bass guitar players hair:yes:. But that's all my opinion about them...still, I don't listen to them, I prefer listen to other bands instead.
11.08.2006 - 12:41
marinBG
I like their studio stuff and would really like to see them live... a really interesting band musically imo...
----
...cause I don't give a fuck if you hate me!
13.08.2006 - 18:58
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I agree with marinBG, their studio stuff is great, would be great to see them live.

I liked both albums, not all the songs though, I personally think that "Damn Me" is their best song. And their appearance is great. In Synthetic Generation they have this dark look, with the leather and that stuff, in teh video it's pretty visible. Even mom said "Hey, they look so BM, but the're not, weird people " and in Termination Bliss they changed it for more like a militar-fashion look. The music doen's change, and that's the most important. Tehy slam.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
16.12.2006 - 17:19
Bengans
Account deleted
I saw them two days ago i gothemburg. And they kicked ass! Great live performance. So cool and catchy good songs with great keyboard melodies. Really liked them. Im gonna purchase their new CD soon
20.12.2006 - 15:43
Warman
Erotic Stains
Wow, a thread about this amazing band!!! I saw them together with Bengans here when they opened up for Cradle of Filth. They shocked me! They were awesome and I loved their deeply emotional songs. Very cool band, really
----
29.12.2006 - 22:19
Warman
Erotic Stains
I bought Termination Bliss today, and it is a big surprise! I was sure that it was going to be good ... but not this good! All I can say is ... WOW! Songs like Play God, Virtue to Vice and Tounges blow my mind ... fucking all songs blow my mind!
----
30.12.2006 - 00:55
Basso
Account deleted
Catchy but forgettable stuff. And their image is worse than Merlyn Manson times 6. O_O Not my cup of tea in other words :p
30.12.2006 - 01:04
spirit_inblack
harshhead
I like the songs that I have heard. I don't know if I should get the new full length or not. It soundls like it'll be an album that you listen to a few times and leave it on the cd rack to collect dust. The song "Cyanide" would be a really good song for one of my bands to try to play, the guitar is eeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaasssssssyyyyyyyyy.
30.12.2006 - 13:07
Warman
Erotic Stains
@Basso: Actually, also not really my cup of tea. Deathstars play some sort of Industrial metal, which I usually don't like or find that interesting. But yesterday when I bought their latest release I really felt all the emotion in the songs. They know what they're doing. Also, I am a big sucker for emotional and calm keyboards and pianos, which Deathstars use A LOT!

@spirit_inblack: Hehe, yeah, their guitars aren't that complicated.
----
11.01.2007 - 16:46
Warman
Erotic Stains
Synthetic Generation is a bit of a dissapointment since it is not even close to the greatness of Termination Bliss. Most songs on SG seems that they've been written in a haste, while almost all TB songs are perfectly composed
----
13.01.2007 - 01:13
VPeter
I like it. alltough they seem more industrial shock-rock to me. I like their video's a lot to, really well made.
22.01.2007 - 12:23
..HumanError..
Account deleted
Ive just got to know them, some 3 months ago. And yeah i like it. Im really an Industrial music fan, and their music caught my ear immediatly. I thought they were German first. But i finally found out they were Swedish. I guess its because of that amazing song they have : Blitzkrieg, in the Termination Bliss album (2006) and some other songs really sound like the usual German Indus. And thats why i LOVE IT.

BLITZKRIEG BLITZKRIEG!! BLITZKRIEG BOOM!!
29.01.2007 - 13:45
arwestromen
I've liste to cyanide and blitzkrieg, really catchy, the singers voice sounds like a satanic elvis.
the thing that suprised me was that they comes from Sweden...they din't look and soud swedish
----
Don't fuck with sweden
We gave you IKEA
25.02.2007 - 20:29
Wollan
Account deleted
Deathstars from Sweden owns, I got bought of their albums, Synthetic Generation and Termination Bliss.
Whiplasher Bernadotte!! lol:D
25.02.2007 - 21:57
Danny Thomas
i have both synthetic generation and termination bliss. synthetic generation is kinda dull and boring, whereas termination bliss has a lot of stand out tracks. i like cyanide, termination bliss, the Last Ammunition, play god. whiplasher's voice is incredibly deep and adds to the already dark music. nothing to complex, but an enjoyable listen.
----
Our children are dead. Burnt in the ruins that were left by war.