Metal Storm logo
Deathstars

Original post

Posted by Arwen, 07.07.2006 - 08:14
I wanted to ask people their opinion about that band, cause I was pleasantly chocked when I saw them a week afgo in Estonia when they performed in Hard Rock Laager. A band consisting of 5 young boys ( maybe not so young anymore ) Synthetic Gothic ,dark music with beautiful and deep vocals. AS much as I could tell, they're amazing and have lots of individual issues in their music, even the topics enbrace more the vival things and concern all the people. I'm just searching information about them and trying to get to know them, but I'm sure that I won't dissapoint in them.

The new generation as they say they are...Synthetic generation...

What do you think?
27.11.2007 - 16:43
Warman
Erotic Stains
Hey... what if the new album... will... actually... be better than... *gulp*... Termination Bliss? I don't wanna look like a narrow-minded fool, but I believe there's no chance in hell that they'll beat TB. I hope they will, oh... how I hope that.
----
27.11.2007 - 18:41
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
@Warman: better than Termination Bliss...nah that's not going to happen I think, but of course I hope to be proved wrong
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
01.12.2007 - 16:18
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
@Warman: Better? Maybe similar, with some highlights... but better... Whoa... That's pretty hard you know...

But hey, hope never dies.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
18.12.2007 - 16:11
Warman
Erotic Stains
Yes! The band's no longer invisible! Welcome to MS Deathstars. BTW, how fucking retarded isn't it that Termination Bliss has an average vote of 8.1?
----
19.12.2007 - 14:53
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
@Warman: it took you a while to see that I made it visible
----

19.12.2007 - 14:56
Warman
Erotic Stains
@GT: Haha, yeah! Thanks man, I'm really happy with it.
----
21.12.2007 - 15:32
Warman
Erotic Stains
According to Wikipedia will the new album be called Deathglam! Sounds great too me!
----
23.12.2007 - 11:59
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
@Warman: yeah sounds promising...any tracklist or cover art online yet?
----

23.12.2007 - 15:25
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Staff
Deathstars is actually probably the single most recommended to me band over the years... Whenever people hear I'm into industrial metal they'll inevitably mention Deathstars and I will inevitably ridicule them for lack of taste and generally poor idea about what good industrial metal is all about

I think it would be reduntant to list all that is wrong with bands like Deathstars.
25.12.2007 - 14:55
Warman
Erotic Stains
Nope, not yet... but you all be sure I'll post as soon as I hear anything! I've had some contact with Nödtveidt, Cat and Skinny over a swedish website, I'll try to ask them about the new album.
----
09.01.2008 - 22:29
Purple.Penguin
Account deleted
I saw them live when they were supporting Cradle Of Filth.
They were pretty cool.
Cant believe they beat Turisas at Get In The Ring.
Oh Well...
10.01.2008 - 05:16
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Deathglam huh? Sounds indeed promising. Can't wait for its release!
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
25.01.2008 - 19:54
VPeter
I find it weird that people find this band metal, it sounds more like industrial shock-rock - regardless of that, Deathstars is still good stuff.
25.01.2008 - 20:21
Warman
Erotic Stains
Haha, this was a cool concert last July. It was like the hottest summer day ever and this was like the third song of the set. See how sweaty the band already is. After the show the drummer ran out of the venue to get some air.
----
29.01.2008 - 08:34
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
@Warman: yeah it looks pretty hot in there...but I bet the concert was cool anyway
----

30.01.2008 - 15:09
Warman
Erotic Stains
Yeah it was a great evening. It was the second time I saw them, this time was great since I knew the songs and all. The first time though... that was when they opened up for Cradle of Filth in Gothenburg and they really stunned me since I'd never heard them before and thought they were some shitty Marilyn Manson band. So I can't choose the best one.
----
02.03.2008 - 01:34
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
BLITZKRIEG, BLITZKRIEG...F*CKING BLITZKRIEG BOOOOOOM!!!!!

Damm.. I love that f*cking song.
That was the first song I ever heard of this guys...
I'm going to download the stuff.. no doubt about it.

I don't like so many industrial bands.. bacause there's a lack of good bands in that genre.. but when I hear a good one... I know in just that moment that I gonna love that shit!!!

It's like a Genre of "Love it or hate it".
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
02.03.2008 - 01:51
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by X-Ray Rod on 02.03.2008 at 01:34

BLITZKRIEG, BLITZKRIEG...F*CKING BLITZKRIEG BOOOOOOM!!!!!

Damm.. I love that f*cking song.
That was the first song I ever heard of this guys...
I'm going to download the stuff.. no doubt about it.

I don't like so many industrial bands.. bacause there's a lack of good bands in that genre.. but when I hear a good one... I know in just that moment that I gonna love that shit!!!

It's like a Genre of "Love it or hate it".

I know you're a fan of atmospheric stuff and if there's something Deathstars' got... it's atmosphere!
----
02.03.2008 - 02:07
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Warman on 02.03.2008 at 01:51

I know you're a fan of atmospheric stuff and if there's something Deathstars' got... it's atmosphere!

Yeah I did notice that...
When it comes to industrial metal... I always search for the same atmosphere:
A very aggresive one... that make me want to kick the shit out of someone and scream "I don't give a fuck on what you think about me, you are just a rat!"

xD... And Deathstars did it...

PS: 300 Post... yaaaaay
----
Rod, let me love you.
02.03.2008 - 22:45
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
I heard these guys for the first time last night, They're sort of different from other bands I listen to but I actually like the music! It's soothing lol.
14.03.2008 - 23:52
Olli
Saw them live supporting Korn, they were pretty good but most of the crowd wernt really interested in them which was a shame.
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
24.03.2008 - 16:15
Warman
Erotic Stains
----
24.03.2008 - 20:08
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Yeah it sounds pretty promising, eventhough the interview wasn't that good
----

24.03.2008 - 21:28
muikaslin
Account deleted
i think deathstars aren't so bad... they have a good sound, of course the theory behind it, i mean the muscic is very simple. but alltogether i think a really good industrial group
i hope the new album will be... will be good
25.03.2008 - 05:20
misery_queen
Account deleted
Okay. Deathstars is great band and they really had good sound.
I love their songs...so sexy and beautiful
"'cause, I wanna play God...with you" awwww.... xD
27.03.2008 - 13:20
owl
I saw them once live, by chance... and didn't become a fan, honestly.
Too much "HIM meets Marilyn Manson" for my taste, lacked originality.
----
27.03.2008 - 15:00
Warman
Erotic Stains
I can't seriosuly hear any "HIM" in Deathstars.
----
27.03.2008 - 15:08
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Warman on 27.03.2008 at 15:00

Same here... They are totally different...
But you can find a connection:
Deathstar are sexy stuff.
HIM are GAY.

For some people it can be difficult to sense the difference ^^
----
Rod, let me love you.
27.03.2008 - 15:10
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by X-Ray Rod on 27.03.2008 at 15:08

Same here... They are totally different...
But you can find a connection:
Deathstar are sexy stuff.
HIM are GAY.

For some people it can be difficult to sense the difference ^^

True man
----
27.03.2008 - 19:18
owl
Written by Warman on 27.03.2008 at 15:00

I may have gotten that impression because my first contact with them was live. I saw them before I listened to them, and the vocalist reminded me very much of Ville Valo. Same for the Manson similarity... mannerisms, gestures, details...

But even if I forget the visual aspect and only focus on the music, I still feel some of lack of originality. At first I was glad to note some kind of attempt to sound like Rammstein, in some guitar riffs; but then it quickly turned to something more in the wave of 69 Eyes, and the likes. It's fine for the fans of that genre, but I'm afraid I'm not one of them.

Of course, people who know them better than me might disagree, but first impressions are not to be disregarded when it comes to gain interest in a new band. Mine weren't the best, that's all.
----