Metal Storm logo
Deathstars

Original post

Posted by Arwen, 07.07.2006 - 08:14
I wanted to ask people their opinion about that band, cause I was pleasantly chocked when I saw them a week afgo in Estonia when they performed in Hard Rock Laager. A band consisting of 5 young boys ( maybe not so young anymore ) Synthetic Gothic ,dark music with beautiful and deep vocals. AS much as I could tell, they're amazing and have lots of individual issues in their music, even the topics enbrace more the vival things and concern all the people. I'm just searching information about them and trying to get to know them, but I'm sure that I won't dissapoint in them.

The new generation as they say they are...Synthetic generation...

What do you think?
05.04.2008 - 13:39
Warman
Erotic Stains
I have said it before and I'll say it again! I just can't wait for Deathglam!!! It's my most wanted album of 2008, I want it more than Metallica's... and I'm such a Metallica fanboy! I can't wait to hear new catchy choruses and sad emotional piano tracks and all that shit!
----
05.04.2008 - 16:33
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Warman on 05.04.2008 at 13:39

I have said it before and I'll say it again! I just can't wait for Deathglam!!! It's my most wanted album of 2008, I want it more than Metallica's... and I'm such a Metallica fanboy! I can't wait to hear new catchy choruses and sad emotional piano tracks and all that shit!

Do you think that Metallica's new album will be good? O.o

Well... if you gonna buy it to complete their discography.... it's ok xD
I haven't download stuff from deathstars.. I'm a lazy bastard.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
06.04.2008 - 00:52
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by X-Ray Rod on 05.04.2008 at 16:33

There's one thing you should know about the Warman! He never throws shit at Metallica! I really don't have time right now to tell you why I like all their releases but yeas, I do.
----
17.04.2008 - 16:51
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Warman on 06.04.2008 at 00:52

Written by X-Ray Rod on 05.04.2008 at 16:33

There's one thing you should know about the Warman! He never throws shit at Metallica! I really don't have time right now to tell you why I like all their releases but yeas, I do.

Same here. Both Deathglam and New (NU?) Metallica are my most awaited releases, now that COB released Blooddrunk.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
17.04.2008 - 21:27
GT
Coffee!!
Since this tuesday I'm the proud owner of the Termination Bliss album in the extended version...it's a great album
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
23.05.2008 - 17:00
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by GT on 17.04.2008 at 21:27

Since this tuesday I'm the proud owner of the Termination Bliss album in the extended version...it's a great album

Ashamed of not owning it yet.
----
23.05.2008 - 18:31
GT
Coffee!!
@Warman: and you call yourself a fan bad boy
----

23.05.2008 - 18:46
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by GT on 23.05.2008 at 18:31

@Warman: and you call yourself a fan bad boy

I gotta talk to Bone W Machine and see if he has any news about Deathglam. That bastard is pretty quiet though!
----
28.05.2008 - 19:46
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Warman on 23.05.2008 at 17:00

Written by GT on 17.04.2008 at 21:27

Ashamed of not owning it yet.

Ashamed of not owning any of their albums.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

31.07.2008 - 16:04
Warman
Erotic Stains
Haha, did you guys know that Whiplasher is/were the producer of Kanal 5 shows such as "Big Brother" and "I huvudet på Gynning"? Those shows are so not Deathstars. He has also worked as a news reporter for TV 4:s news.
----
01.08.2008 - 02:38
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Warman on 31.07.2008 at 16:04

Haha, did you guys know that Whiplasher is/were the producer of Kanal 5 shows such as "Big Brother" and "I huvudet på Gynning"? Those shows are so not Deathstars. He has also worked as a news reporter for TV 4:s news.

Wait. Whiplahser worked as journalist??? Rad!
ABout the others.... well, weall need to make a living, Warman...
----

01.08.2008 - 13:38
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 01.08.2008 at 02:38

Yeah, I certainly don't care what he work with... I mean, if someone offered me to produce a TV show I would gladly accept.
----
02.08.2008 - 03:26
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Warman on 01.08.2008 at 13:38

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 01.08.2008 at 02:38

Yeah, I certainly don't care what he work with... I mean, if someone offered me to produce a TV show I would gladly accept.

Difference is, he probably knows how to produce. Still it's hard to miagine him in a suit with a microphon saying soemthing like "good afternoon, and welcome to the news. One car crash happened in...."
----

30.08.2008 - 20:13
Warman
Erotic Stains
Hahaha! Look at the latest news posted:

Deathstars adapts Metallica on their 3rd album..? - 22 August 2008

After thousands of remarks, it's worth emphazizing all the Deathstars-inspired stuff on the new Metallica-album; using the same font as in the DS-logo on their albumtitle "Death Magnetic" (!) and then naming a song "Cyanide". Is it just a coincidence? - It'just fun, says Whiplasher Bernadotte, vocalist in Deathstars, and continues: What can I say, it's just as big of a coincidence and chance as if you get a hermaphrodite-child. What can you do..? You just need to smile at the little monster.

Guitarplayer Nightmare Industries continues:
It's interesting to see how a band that made a name for themselves hating Napster and downloading practically downloads ideas from a younger and sexier band, but think positively - maybe Metallica does something that we can steal later.

(Deathstars new album is called "Master of Muppets" and will be free to download from January 30:th)
----
31.08.2008 - 14:11
GT
Coffee!!
@Warman: haha that's good fun
----

31.08.2008 - 17:05
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by GT on 31.08.2008 at 14:11

Yeah, they're funny! K?ulu seemed to take the news seriously though, in the Metallica topic.
----
31.08.2008 - 17:41
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by Warman on 31.08.2008 at 17:05

Written by GT on 31.08.2008 at 14:11

Yeah, they're funny! K†ulu seemed to take the news seriously though, in the Metallica topic.

yes I did... crap... so that was a joke? Gosh, I am so stupid. It's so obvious (I mean the fact that it was a joke)...
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
31.08.2008 - 17:53
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by K✞ulu on 31.08.2008 at 17:41

yes I did... crap... so that was a joke? Gosh, I am so stupid. It's so obvious (I mean the fact that it was a joke)...

Haha, I know a lot of guys who fell for it. The Deathstars forum is full of them.
----
02.09.2008 - 05:11
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Warman on 31.08.2008 at 17:53

Written by K✞ulu on 31.08.2008 at 17:41

Haha, I know a lot of guys who fell for it. The Deathstars forum is full of them.

Gee. It was obvious it was a joke. How can smeone fall for that?(No offense K?ulu)
Master of Muppets... LOL
----

04.09.2008 - 10:41
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Well the joke is the most interesting thing Deathstars have ever produced. Cause their music is ... (insert expletive here) I guess Jon Nodveidt the reason commited suicide was not the so-called satanic stuff but he was ashamed of the music his brother was producing.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

14.10.2008 - 20:17
Richard

The bizarre thing is, from what I can gather, most of the guys in Deathstars used to be in the band Swordmaster! Swordmaster was a really good band, kind of Black/Thrash Metal, and completely different from the complete change of sound (and image) of Deathstars..

Still, it's fair enough that they wanted to try out a different style - I'm glad they decided to start fresh with a new band for the new style, instead of carrying on calling themselves Swordmaster.
----
20.11.2008 - 02:25
Warman
Erotic Stains
Have you guys heard it yet? The new song? I really like it and if the other songs will sound like this one we should probably expect more synthezisers than before.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUKuJdv4sIg
----
20.11.2008 - 11:39
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Warman on 20.11.2008 at 02:25

Have you guys heard it yet? The new song? I really like it and if the other songs will sound like this one we should probably expect more synthezisers than before.

Damn, I didn't know it would be possible for them to be worse than before but they have certainly managed that. Congratulations.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.11.2008 - 16:23
Southern Wind
Account deleted
That song made me vomit.... they're worse than new Samael!
20.11.2008 - 16:24
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Warman on 20.11.2008 at 02:25

Cyber-goths let's raise the roof!

Nah...the song ain't bad....somehow Deathstars knows how to produce catchy songs....
20.11.2008 - 23:50
Warman
Erotic Stains
Yeah, the synthezisers are a little more... disco... than expected but yes, they sure know how to make catchy songs.
----
20.11.2008 - 23:58
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Warman on 20.11.2008 at 23:50

Yeah, the synthezisers are a little more... disco... than expected but yes, they sure know how to make catchy songs.

A bit more disco but that doesn't mean it's bad. it's very catchy, btu the previosu albums were really catchy as well.
It's a good song, but not that outstanding.
----

21.11.2008 - 01:16
Warman
Erotic Stains
Yeah, they've done much better songs but this one was enough for me to long for the album even more!
----
21.11.2008 - 06:49
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
I dont think I like that song too much. I like their previous album from what I've listened to it, but something about that song just doesn't seem very good to me.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
29.12.2008 - 00:49
Warman
Erotic Stains
I'll attend their signing session here in Stockholm, January 30!
----