Indians Vs. Run To The Hills

Poll

Which is the better indian song?

Run To The Hills - Iron Maiden
Indians - Anthrax

Total votes: 116
22.01.2009 - 06:01
Thrashard
I thought it would be interesting to see which of these two classic Indian themed songs by classic bands would win.

I would have to say that Run To The Hills gets my vote. Lyrically though, I would give the win to Anthrax for obvious reasons. Run To The Hills is undeniably catchy as hell, and comes from perhaps the first 'true' Heavy Metal album that I ever bought and loved.

Vote and discuss.
22.01.2009 - 06:28
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I like Indians more. I think the chorus in Run to the Hills is cheesy, but Anthrax gets that way too sometimes.
22.01.2009 - 07:13
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I don't really like Run To The Hills because of the cheesiness...I like Iron Maiden but some of their stuff is pretty cheesy...they kinda have their heads too much in the clouds...Anthrax has some sort of street value and keep it real...also the whole socially and politically concious thing...fantasy music personally gets too ridicuolous...Indians is just a really good classic metal song with no bullshit...
22.01.2009 - 07:52
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
I've heard little Anthrax but I've actually heard, Indians and liked it. Considering I hate the song, Run to the Hills because its basically the same phrase sung over and over again and boring I'll go with Indians....
----
Coldgrits
22.01.2009 - 13:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I like indians, but even Run To The Hills is secend worts IM song after Number, but still its much better how Indians
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.01.2009 - 13:15
Eeric
Account deleted
Not friend of both of those songs, but run to the hills is better IMO
22.01.2009 - 22:31
Luciferion
Fan of both Anthrax and Iron Maiden, but for me Run to the Hills is the winner. Obviously its cheesy as fuck, but in a good way heh.
----
Fear makes the wolf bigger than he is, and I am the wolf that hunts you.
23.01.2009 - 14:44
Elio
Red Nightmare
Run to the Hills is THE MOST OVERRATED SONG EVER. Indians wins easily.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
23.01.2009 - 19:48
Demonmayonnaise
Both classic songs, off classic albums, by two of my favorite bands. Ill go with Run to the Hills. Its more epic, and its always been one of my favorites.
27.01.2009 - 14:42
Ya ,they are both classics ,but it's Run to the Hills for me ,I can't go past a song off one of my 10 favourite albums of all time......And hell ,I love the cheese...lol
----
THE VENOM TEARS MY SPINE
07.03.2009 - 00:32
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Run To The Hills is one of the best songs ever for me
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

07.03.2009 - 19:12
BattleHamster
Definitely "Run to the Hills". Sure, it's overrated, but it's still a great song.

So, is anyone actually surprised that Iron Maiden is winning so far?
08.03.2009 - 02:37
{aud}devil
Lush McGee
Anthrax is rad but I gotta stay true to the maiden. I think The Trooper is overrated, but its still a great song and what would Iron Maiden be without the cheesiness.
----
Awesome sauce, chicken boss!
Laugh until it means something
08.03.2009 - 07:32
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Run to the hills is more fun to play on bass, anthrax doesnt have the same bite maiden does.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
12.03.2009 - 00:44
Toast
Account deleted
Run to the Hills is much better imo. I don't dislike Anthrax, but they don't have much material that can measure up to classic Maiden songs...
13.03.2009 - 05:41
Hrothdane
Run to the Hills wins by a mile. Iron Maiden turned the systematic destruction of native american civilization into a song that is catchy and amazingly fun to sing. I don't consider cheesiness to be bad by any means, but since it has been brought up, the lyrics of the anthrax song are just as cheesy, if not even more.

And I quote:

Even though they know how much their lives are really missin'
WE'RE DISSIN' THEM ...

That is only the most cheesy part.
----
Despair is death, and I'm not interested in dying.

Member of the True Crusade against True Crusades
14.03.2009 - 15:23
ToMegaTherion
Both bands are very good in their respective genre'. A few people have mentioned the cheese behind IM Run to the Hills, but in many respects I think that is something IM did very well in the early 80's. Nothing like a little cheese, at least you know for the band it was all in fun. As for Anthrax, they have always been no bullshit with a good dash of humor to go with it, that's is what made them great bands respectively.

Comparing two very different songs like Indians and Run to the Hills is very interesting. My vote is for Indians, simply because Run to the Hills has never been a favorite of IM, however Indians is probably one of my favorites of Anthrax. It is hard to compare lyrics and music when each band has such a vastly different style.
13.01.2011 - 17:21
JD
Account deleted
Indians - Anthrax wins by far for me!
13.01.2011 - 22:48
ProjectEndgame
Account deleted
Indians. Run to the hills is great but I feel is a bit overrated.
04.02.2011 - 22:59
WayCoolJR
Written by Elio on 23.01.2009 at 14:44

Run to the Hills is THE MOST OVERRATED SONG EVER. Indians wins easily.

LOL...I know! As someone else said they just repeat "Run to the Hills" over and over! Indians on the other hand is an ALL TIME classic metal song that kicks ass!!

Indians all the way!!
05.02.2011 - 00:37
soadbyob
Account deleted
Run to the Hills! Just never got into Indians, love the message though.
05.02.2011 - 01:21
Urizen367
Maidenfan to the bone, but i HATE run to the hills. its just not a good song. indians is way better. however, i can never play around my very PC native american friends...
----
I will not reason and compare, my business is to create.
05.02.2011 - 03:48
Kratos
I think overall I like Indians better. The drum intro, the sweet rift, and the catchy chours along with a good solo.
05.02.2011 - 12:38
marouco
Iron Maiden!!!
22.05.2011 - 01:15
king_matt
Indians. Run To The Hills is too simple and cheesy for me. I love Iron Maiden, but in this song battle I prefer Indians.
----
http://www.last.fm/user/King_Matt
22.05.2011 - 01:18
Void_Eater
Account deleted
Run To The Hills might as well be a pop single. It's a decent catchy tune, but nothing more. Whereas Indians is a fucking thrasher. CRYYYY FOR THE INDIAAAAAAANSS!
22.12.2012 - 12:27
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
Run To The Hills for me. I don't care how insanely popular this song is, I think it's a great song, Maiden sounds awesome, and Bruce Dickinson is a vocal god. I like the more romanticized lyrics this song presents as well, it provides me with that sense of escapism that I love from music in general.

As for Indians, TBH I was never really a fan of Joey Belladonna's vocals, I always thought they were pretty annoying personally, and I'm not the biggest thrash metal fan to begin with. I just could never get into Anthrax's music, not my cup of tea really.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
23.12.2012 - 09:50
SuicidalCyco
Account deleted
Indians for me. Maybe one reason is that I've heard Run to the Hills so many times, but I just like thrash a lot more.
27.08.2014 - 06:28
EnterDeath24601
Account deleted
Written by Kratos on 05.02.2011 at 03:48

I think overall I like Indians better. The drum intro, the sweet rift, and the catchy chours along with a good solo.

This post describes exactly why I enjoy "Indians."

Also, I never really liked "Run to the Hills." I think that Iron Maiden is overall more consistent at producing good songs than Anthrax, but that's not the question. If we're just comparing these two songs, "Indians" is a lot better in my opinion.
28.08.2014 - 00:08
Guib
Thrash Talker
Obviously ''Run To The Hills'' will win, (for good reasons and also because it's Iron Maiden) but yeah
I still prefer ''Indians'', I think it's because I've heard RTTH too often and I just can't stand that song anymore...

P.S. at MS staff, you guys should ban making polls that includes Iron Maiden, they always win... freakin' hackers.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here