Metal Storm logo
Burzum

17.05.2006 - 09:54
Mother-Anorexia
Account deleted
This band needs no introduction.

To start things off, what do people think of Vargs' writings about paganism that are posted on his website ((www.burzum.org)?
17.05.2006 - 11:39
Mother-Anorexia
Account deleted
Thats exactly what i want to discuss - the dissapearance of Varg Vikernes. He has obviously come to a lengthy conclusion about priorities during prison but do you think it is for the good or for the worse?
17.05.2006 - 13:29
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
When is Varg releasing the album ?? i am damm sure that he will continue and wont disappoint us.
17.05.2006 - 17:50
Daru Jericho

Written by Guest on 17.05.2006 at 11:39

Thats exactly what i want to discuss - the dissapearance of Varg Vikernes. He has obviously come to a lengthy conclusion about priorities during prison but do you think it is for the good or for the worse?

I haven't visited burzum.org in a while so I was glad that there was a lot of new material for me to read there. Reading the latest Burzum story article was highly interesting. I kind of think Varg retiring to a country life is suitable and fitting. One can certainly see he's unexplainably angry at the modern society we live in. He can do as he chooses really; I'm just glad that he hasn't decided to abandon Burzum.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

17.05.2006 - 17:57
Fimbulvetr
Account deleted
IMO the death of Euronymous was the worst thing to happen to black metal for 2 reasons:
1)black metal lost two of its best artists
2)with the death of Euronymous many very promising black metal bands dissapeard because no one else could support them as well as Euronymous.

Some people say that Varg killed Euronymous because Varg believed that they should not support satanism because it was a part of christnianism while he believed that they should restore the old Norse religion.He said he burned churches because christians have burned the temples of the Vikings.Euronymous on the other hand believed in satanism because it was more extreme.Then they fought and Varg killed him.
17.05.2006 - 20:53
Sinsanity
Account deleted
@Mother Anorexia - Why did you start a thread called "Burzum" if you wanna start a discussion about Varg and his writings ?

@Fimbulvetr - And what the 'helvete' does Euronymous has to do with Varg's writings ?
18.05.2006 - 02:21
Mother-Anorexia
Account deleted
Its a Burzum thread, that much is obvious. But feel free to discuss Varg and the scene as well. I was merely asking a question to start the thread off.
@Fimbulvetr. Im sure most of us are aware of that
18.05.2006 - 02:27
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
too bad varg said hes not going to be putting out any new albums, and he said if he did there not going to be black metal.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
18.05.2006 - 02:50
Mother-Anorexia
Account deleted
According to an Interview, Varg will probably record more music under the name Burzum after he's released from prison: "The future albums, if I ever record anything, will as far as I can tell sound much like the old albums".

*prays*
18.05.2006 - 02:58
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
oh, i guess ive been hearing differently.......well i guess im happy im wrong about that, im looking forward to hear what varg will put out next
----
- George Carlin
18.05.2006 - 04:07
Trifixion
Account deleted
I'm very interested to hear the new album, especially after I read in an interview that Varg said he wanted nothing to do with the black metal scene anymore. Something must've changed his mind so the album should be interesting.
Det Som Engang Var is a masterpiece by the way
However I'm forced to download Burzum albums because the only ones I can get here in the US are imports that go for 20-30 dollars, and I really don't want to spend the amount of money of 2 cd's to buy one.
18.05.2006 - 07:45
Mother-Anorexia
Account deleted
In Australia, Burzum CDs can reach $45 which is outrageous. I only own Filosofem and Hlidskjalf, the rest are downloaded.
18.05.2006 - 07:48
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
yeah in canada there like 33.99 on average...but with the exchange differences they might just equal out to the same as australia
----
- George Carlin
18.05.2006 - 08:03
Mother-Anorexia
Account deleted
The only cheap Burzum CD i have seen in stores would be Draugen-Rarities for $30 (the average CD cost for an imported CD in Australia).
18.05.2006 - 12:22
Sinsanity
Account deleted
[You can find Burzum albums on Amazon.com, though I use Amazon.fr ... I don't think there's such a great difference, except that for USA it's probably more conveniant to use Amazon.com. It's just that you can find almost anything over there, and surely, not at all expensive.]

Haven't you notice how often he changes opinions ? I don't really trust in what he says anymore. I'm curious what will he do when he gets out of jail (if he doesn't get killed)...so much about suppositions...I'm sure he will change his mind a few more times before his moment comes.

Concerning his most recent beliefs, he has a theory mixing UFOs and Norse Gods...Everything has a limit I think, so with that one, he really proved me that he's far far away...gone...

Still, I will stick to my opinion - what he did, musically, cannot be compared with anything else. There is something of a genius in Burzum, and THAT will never die. It's a long time since Varg detached himself from his creation - Burzum - and for the sake of everything, this should remain like this!
19.05.2006 - 23:05
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Varg as a person. I don't know what to think. He seems very instable. Changing opinions and stuff like that.

BUt I do hold him in great regard as an artist/musician. Det Som Engang Var is just.. great.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
20.05.2006 - 00:17
Daru Jericho

Over here, Burzum albums sell for between £12-15 so it's not as expensive as other places. I picked up a copy of Daudi Baldrs for £7 but that was second hand. I also got my Det Som Engang Var in Sweden, which cost about 175K. I need to start saving up to buy the others. I've just got downloads atm.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

20.05.2006 - 04:44
Mother-Anorexia
Account deleted
Daudi Baldrs and Hlidkjalf are a tad cheaper than the black metal releases for some reason. Amazon.com is a tad shakey as i dont have a credit card and can only use my mum's for purchases within Australia.
I think it is understandable that someone becomes unstable etc after being in prison, but its the way he seems to blame it on others for judging him.
20.05.2006 - 04:49
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Hembrom on 17.05.2006 at 13:29

When is Varg releasing the album ?? i am damm sure that he will continue and wont disappoint us.

Varg is sick of BM (and Metal in general) from years to now... I hope you like the Kraftwerk-inspired elecronic shit with which he'll come now (I love Kraftwerk though).
20.05.2006 - 05:06
Mother-Anorexia
Account deleted
Right....
20.05.2006 - 05:35
fire101
Account deleted
I like Burzum ok. I love the song War. I havent been ble to find any other songs like it from Burzum..... Any suggestions?
20.05.2006 - 05:39
Southern Wind
Account deleted
well, War is not the typical Burzum song, that's basically Root worship.. I recommend you to start with Det Som Engang Var or Hvis Lyset Tar Oss though.. both are awesome.
20.05.2006 - 06:01
Vakshay
Account deleted
I have also learnt that Burzum albums are alot more expensive than others. The average price of a digipack here is about $40, however buying online you can get most of the albums relatively cheap, (unless you're buying 1st press).
Ive searched for ages to find bands similar to Burzum, to no avail. They have some quality that noone else has. Certainly my favorite band of all time. I aim to have every full length (incl. the ambient albums) by the end of this year.
20.05.2006 - 11:39
Mother-Anorexia
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 20.05.2006 at 05:35

I like Burzum ok. I love the song War. I havent been ble to find any other songs like it from Burzum..... Any suggestions?

Try Det Som En Gang Var. Or Dunkelheit from Filosofem, i think that is an accesible Burzum song. They dont sound like War but give a good example of what Burzum sound like.
20.05.2006 - 16:11
W-Lash
Metal Master
Written by Guest on 20.05.2006 at 05:35

Try Lost Wisdom, it can be found in first albums in different versions (the one in Det Som Engang Var is in the best quality). In fact is a simple song but i like it very much.
20.05.2006 - 19:38
fire101
Account deleted
Thanks to W-Lash and Mother-Anorexia. Im downloadig them all now.
22.05.2006 - 07:43
DEEP SILENCE
Account deleted
mmmm i think here in mexico cd´s are so expensive... the reason, they are all import from Europe, so they have to be that expensive. the BURZUM CD is about $50 dollars the digipak from england... i got all my burzum´s cd´s in that version so imagine haw many $$$$ i have expend!!! but really the music of burzum got me a lot of great musical hours. i just can stay in my room only hearing at "my Journey to the Stars" and go to neverminded places!!!!
22.05.2006 - 07:54
DEEP SILENCE
Account deleted
vakshay, yo said that you have search for ages for bands similar to burzum, well why don´t you try WIGRID or STERBEND... i you want to know more about them why don´t you enter www.no-colours-records.de, you will find some interesting notes about them!! i think that wigrid only have two cd´s and sterbend only one...
22.05.2006 - 13:03
Mother-Anorexia
Account deleted
"Thanks to W-Lash and Mother-Anorexia. Im downloadig them all now. "

Anytime.
22.05.2006 - 13:37
Gelu
Account deleted
Written by Mother-Anorexia on 18.05.2006 at 08:03

The only cheap Burzum CD i have seen in stores would be Draugen-Rarities for $30 (the average CD cost for an imported CD in Australia).

he he he !
A friend got Hvis Lyset for 18 dollars.

Well I think a new Burzum LP will bring him some nice money, concidering the prices for the old ones, publicity among metallers and all...that's not a bad thing because he sais he got no money for anything he recorded as i remember.

I also remember he is to be relesed from prison this summer. In August. What do ou think about that?

do you imagine live shows with Burzum?!? I hope he is not that instable to do such a thing. It will spoil it for me...the legend has grown in such ways that just imagining live appearences and all is like an sacrilege...:-) Hope he thinks the same.