Metal Storm logo
Burzum

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 17.05.2006 - 09:54
This band needs no introduction.

To start things off, what do people think of Vargs' writings about paganism that are posted on his website ((www.burzum.org)?
12.10.2011 - 13:24
Daniell
_爱情_
Elite
Can we agree that we disagree?
We presented our points, it's obvious that we can't reach common ground.
12.10.2011 - 13:30
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 12.10.2011 at 07:32

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 12.10.2011 at 02:20

Ok so who gives a fuck if he... buried a church...

Wow.
I knew he burned them to the ground, but never knew he also buried a chuch. Must have taken a long time digging a hole big enough

oh sorry i think that i was talking with someone about something while i typed that ...i will edit it ...thanks man!
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
12.10.2011 - 16:16
vezzy
Stallmanite
If you ask me, him killing someone and burning a church makes the music better.

Okay, maybe not the homicide.

But still.

----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
12.10.2011 - 16:34
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Daniell on 12.10.2011 at 09:37

Written by X-Ray Rod on 12.10.2011 at 03:06

One more thing, although this is aimed at nobody in particular: I'm tired of listening to that fucking nonses "oh but its the idiology that also makes a aprt of the music blablabla". That is just dumb in my book.

First of all, let me explain myself a bit better of what I just said there: I mean absolutely every single idiology. It might be a peace message or not... The big example I had in my mind when I wrote that is when some dude was saying that Reinkaos was an absolutely masterpiece because of all the idiology and stuff it had... So my comment actually applied not only to the "I don't like it" but also for the "I like it".... I just thought I had to clear that up... Now let's continue:

Quote:
So you're implying that you are able to listen to music and completely separate the musician from it. And still enjoy it, because the artist doesn't matter as long as his music is good? You're implying that you can listen to music without context? Because you don't give a shit that he killed someone and burned a church?

Yes, I'm able to do that because I give it my own context since there aren't any traces of what he did on the music itself so that context is actually "out of context" to me (jeez what a mouthful there)...

Now this is the part when I just can't help myself to post:
Quote:
This is as myopic as it gets. Poor is a society that contains people who compartmentalize crimes according to their own fancy, choosing to ignore some for personal comfort.

Quote:
I have never mounted a horse and probably never will.

No, Daniell... You are wrong... YOU ARE on a high horse if you just say that someone's point of view is myopic if they don't share the same opinion as yours, you should at least admit that... You are passing judgement on people wether you see it or not. Not only that pisses me of or the fact that you don't even know those people pisses me off but the fact that you make it look like people who like to separate those things can't see the difference between right or wrong and that they are a cause to society being poor because of that, THAT pisses me off because it's not fair.

I make a wall between the music and the artist because the current world makes me sick and music is the only way for me to escape from that and find some peace every day. I won't have my little world (as cheesy as it might sound) be shattered by an idiot who killed someone. Music appeals to me and the acts that he/she has done are not reflected in the music or in the lyrics which makes me stay far away from all the filth that you see everyday. I like to think that I'm a good person with high morals with the people around me as long as I get the same treatment. If you think that I ignore such awful acts then you are just wrong. I don't forget what bad people do, what happens is that I DON'T SEE such acts in the art that those people have created.

Quote:
Can we agree that we disagree?
We presented our points, it's obvious that we can't reach common ground.

Off course we can agree to disagree, that's perfectly fine with me. I could have ignored this argument but I didn't because I actually got offended by the thought of people being a part of a poor society just because they listen and appreciate art in a different way than you do AND THEN you say that you aren't in a high horse. I on the other hand did NOT pass judgement on your point of view.
I still love ya pal

PS: Just wanted to add that I find it cool that we can at least discuss without being assholes to each other. Makes the forum all better for me.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
15.10.2011 - 19:58
Milena
gloom cookie
Staff
Written by vezzy on 12.10.2011 at 16:16

But still.

Oh, he looks like a huge hipster
----
7.0 means the album is good
15.10.2011 - 20:07
RavenKing
Written by Troy Killjoy on 12.10.2011 at 11:25

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 12.10.2011 at 11:22
Gallhammer

Striborg > Gallhammer imo

Both are crap but, Imo, Galhammer is even worse than Striborg.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
16.10.2011 - 18:27
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Milena on 15.10.2011 at 19:58

Written by vezzy on 12.10.2011 at 16:16

But still.

Oh, he looks like a huge hipster

well its an improvement if you ask me.He used to look like this in his early days
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
17.10.2011 - 18:02
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
^

xD
----
Rod, let me love you.
17.10.2011 - 19:40
Slayer666
You know, it became pretty hard for me to take the kvltness of early Norwegian black metal elite seriously once I realized how most of those guys were total dorks...
:\

Just a random thought provoked by that gay picture above.
17.10.2011 - 19:54
Yavanna
Really, looking at both pictures, I cannot say wich is worse Varg looks completely idiot in both of them
----
Carry me to the shoreline
Bury me in the sand
Walk me across the water
And maybe you'll understand
17.10.2011 - 20:42
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Slayer666 on 17.10.2011 at 19:40

You know, it became pretty hard for me to take the kvltness of early Norwegian black metal elite seriously once I realized how most of those guys were total dorks...

Well, Abbath is the perfect exception, that guy isn't only awesome... But also a very good troll, I fucking love this video:
One huge "FUCK YOU" to Varg

----
Rod, let me love you.
17.10.2011 - 20:55
ANGEL REAPER
Written by X-Ray Rod on 17.10.2011 at 20:42

Written by Slayer666 on 17.10.2011 at 19:40

Well, Abbath is the perfect exception, that guy isn't only awesome... But also a very good troll, I fucking love this video:
One huge "FUCK YOU" to Varg

yeah and Abbath pictures with immortal are top in most ridicules bm pictures of all time...
Not to mention their early videos... But i agree he is such a good troll...
----
17.10.2011 - 21:00
ANGEL REAPER
Speaking of trolls :

this is the best of Varg !
----
17.10.2011 - 21:26
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Seriously dude? You just had to quote the entire comment, right?
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 17.10.2011 at 20:55

yeah and Abbath pictures with immortal are top in most ridicules bm pictures of all time...

Immortal pictures are obviously tongue in cheek stuff or at least they knew they weren't serious about it. I still believe they were laughing their asses off back in the day when some members of Mayhem and varg were all trying to out-evil each other.
----
Rod, let me love you.
17.10.2011 - 22:01
ANGEL REAPER
Written by X-Ray Rod on 17.10.2011 at 21:26

Seriously dude? You just had to quote the entire comment, right?
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 17.10.2011 at 20:55

Immortal pictures are obviously tongue in cheek stuff or at least they knew they weren't serious about it. I still believe they were laughing their asses off back in the day when some members of Mayhem and varg were all trying to out-evil each other.

yes i believe that too ...that is one of the reasons why we all like Immortal...
----
20.10.2011 - 01:23
Savopipo
Seems to me most of the people posting in this thread is missing the point. Varg killed a guy .. so what? He did his time and he's now making music again so let's listen to the music and enjoy it. Actually I think that his last two releases are among the better black metal albums relaeased as of late. I hate Varg so much for ripping Öystein out of this world but that's all water under the bridges now. Give the man a break! And don't forget Varg played bass on one of the most loved black metal albums of all times.
----
Check Tystnad out at http://tystnad.bandcamp.com
20.10.2011 - 03:11
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Savopipo on 20.10.2011 at 01:23

And don't forget Varg played bass on one of the most loved black metal albums of all times.

and he did a shit job at it. The bass playing is by far the weakest point of the album.
Just like his last tow albums are crap as well. But then again the guy only released one or two decent songs on all of his albums. But the last two albums are by far his crappiest.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.10.2011 - 03:20
JD
Account deleted
Well I agree on Belus since I tried to listen to some tracks on it, but I couldn't, anyway Fallen is a decent album if you ask me, with tracks like Vanvidd, Enhver Til Sitt, Jeg Faller, and Valen. I really enjoyed this album.
20.10.2011 - 03:21
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 20.10.2011 at 03:11

And don't forget Varg played bass on one of the most loved black metal albums of all times.

and he did a shit job at it. The bass playing is by far the weakest point of the album.
Just like his last tow albums are crap as well. But then again the guy only released one or two decent songs on all of his albums. But the last two albums are by far his crappiest.

i may agree with you on this one...
----
20.10.2011 - 05:01
king_matt

I thought he played all instruments on all his albums...
----
http://www.last.fm/user/King_Matt
20.10.2011 - 05:07
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Seems to me most of the people posting in this thread is missing the point.

Actually most of us aren't...just one or two people.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
20.10.2011 - 11:16
ANGEL REAPER
Written by king_matt on 20.10.2011 at 05:01

he did but that most loved bm album on which he played bass is this one:
----
20.10.2011 - 14:46
king_matt
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 20.10.2011 at 11:16

Written by king_matt on 20.10.2011 at 05:01

he did but that most loved bm album on which he played bass is this one:

Oh okay yeah I thought you meant a Burzum album.
----
http://www.last.fm/user/King_Matt
20.10.2011 - 16:00
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff

Well, you know that I like Burzum but I do agree with the part about the last two albums being their worst.
Belus and Fallen one of the best BM recently? What a fucking joke tbh specially considering some pretty damn good BM albums we've had this year.
----
Rod, let me love you.
20.10.2011 - 16:14
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
The last albums worse than Daudi Wotsit? I call batshit. There's nothing wrong with that last two Burzum records, they're functional and decent if far from innovative or spectacular. Calling them the best is just as egregious as calling them bad albums.
20.10.2011 - 16:15
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 20.10.2011 at 16:14

The last albums worse than Daudi Wotsit? I call batshit. There's nothing wrong with that last two Burzum records, they're functional and decent if far from innovative or spectacular. Calling them the best is just as egregious as calling them bad albums.

Nope since Burzum has never released a good ALBUM
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.10.2011 - 16:30
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 20.10.2011 at 16:15

You obviously haven't had your ears waxed in a couple of decades Marcel ;]
20.10.2011 - 16:32
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff

Belus is tedious to hear, incredibly monotone in not a good way at all. Fallen on the other hand is what I would call "decent", he deleted most of the flaws I found on Belus but still, both albums are among are at least meh... He seems to be improving considering the change from Belus to Fallen so who knows if another album might actually sound good to my ears... I wrote my comment mostly for the " best bm albums in a while" comment.
----
Rod, let me love you.
20.10.2011 - 16:33
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 20.10.2011 at 16:30

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 20.10.2011 at 16:15

You obviously haven't had your ears waxed in a couple of decades Marcel ;]

Burzum has the odd good track but not good overall albums. That the band is influential does not mean he released good stuff, just look at Venom and Hellhammer, horrible bands but mightily influential, same for black metal era Bathory.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.10.2011 - 16:37
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
In my opinion Belus was better than Fallen; the warmer tone was well executed.

Venom and Hellhammer are poor bands but Burzum have plenty of good tracks, more or less all of the actual metal tracks on Det Som for starters.