04. Ce Mal En Toi
05. Father
06. End of The Dream
07. Le Vide
08. Finding The Thrigger
09. See It Coming
10. Next
11. Equilibrium

In our tiny little Metal world, this is always good to discover newcomers who just don't want to play Gothenburg Death Metal, Metalcore or Euro Power Metal, the big trendy genres of the beginning of the 21 century. Third Eye comes from France and plays a really original modern Metal which mix Pop, Heavy, Thrash and a lot of other different genres with a lot of groove. It won't be easy for me to describe the music of the combo, and that's good thing but please have a look at my review because "Land Of Compromise" is an excellent discovery.

If you're looking for an album which can be a synonym of the word "groove", I think that we have a winner here! "Land Of Compromise" is a really good album full of catchy melodies and really good thrashy riffs which all remain melodic and even Pop on a side. Third Eye is a bit like Freak Kitchen without the craziness of the Swedish combo and without the virtuoso guitar soli but with those really cool melodies that you'll sing along from the beginning to the end of the album. That's right, maybe that "Land Of Compromise" is a bit "popular" and maybe that the songs are a bit "radio" (but not less than The Old Dead Tree for example) as we say but believe me the eleven compositions of this release are good and I didn't find any let down in this release. Oki, this is not violent (even though some riffs are clearly Thrash (a la Pantera)), oki this is not dark and happier than anything else but this is full of good tunes and for a first album, I'm already convinced!

The performance of the three musicians is really good and the voice of Bertrand is just excellent. The good point here is that our dude can sing in French like in English but without any accent problem (the recurrent mistake of the French combos...). The guitars soli without being hyper technical are solid and the two rhythmic dudes do their job with a lot of ability. The production of the release is clean as water and the cover is just cool! I don't really know what to add here, some of you will maybe find that this album is too "Pop" but on the other hand at least it's full of good songs and sounds Metal nonetheless. If you like catchy modern melodies I'm quite sure that you'll like a lot this album.

"Land Of Compromise" is a good surprise and a good way to begin the year 2009. I didn't hear anything about this band before that I receive the promotional CD but I can already tell you that I will keep my eyes open and check everything about them in the future. "Land Of Compromise" is a excellent catchy groovy release, I wish that Third Eye will follow this road and confirm my hopes when they will release their future album. Don't miss it if you want something refreshing.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 8
Originality: 8
Production: 8

Written by Jeff | 23.01.2009

Comments

Comments: 3   Visited by: 80 users
24.01.2009 - 03:13
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Sounds really interesting, I am going to try and find this album. Thanks for the review.
----
(space for rent)
25.01.2009 - 19:27
Olive Third EYE
Account deleted
Hi, thanks for this review.
It's a pleasur for us to see that Third Eye enjoy too in over countries than France.
I'm there if you want more informations .
We celebrate LAND OF COMPROMISE in Paris the 11Th Febrary and you could buy land Of Compromise by THIRD EYE at the end of febrary 2009.

Thanks Dude !!
Olive- Third Eye:metal:
25.01.2009 - 19:29
Olive Third EYE
Account deleted
You can also have informations for Third EYE on :

www.thirdeye.fr official site

www.myspace.com/thirdeyemetal myspace

http://fr-fr.facebook.com/pages/THIRD-EYE/47844476552 (fan page on facebook)

Hits total: 4317 | This month: 11