Metal Storm logo
Korpiklaani - New Album Details Revealed

Original news, posted on 24.01.2009

Finnish Pelimanni-Metallers Korpiklaani have issued the following update: "In 2008 we have been quite busy. We have had two successful tours: the Paganfest Tour and the Finnish Fire Tour. We recorded and released our fifth album "Korven Kuningas". In the whole we played over 80 gigs, that means about one gig in every four days. We had a lot of fun, met many old friends and made new ones. So, this has been a pretty good year for us. 2009 promises to become even better; a long cherished dream of us becomes fulfilled: we will tour the USA and Canada in Paganfest 2! We are invited for Wacken Open Air on their 20th anniversary festival, and many more gigs are in the works. In February we will enter the studio again, to record a brand new album. These last days of 2008, we will make a small tour with In Extremo in Germany, and end the year in Nosturi, Helsinki, on a new year's celebration concert with our friends from Moonsorrow and Kiuas. We wish you all a happy new year and hope to see you around somewhere."

The new Korpiklaani album is due early summer this year and it will be entitled "Karkelo" ("Party" in English).

Furthermore, some of the band's songs appear in the new Bam Margera movie. You can see a few clips here (Reindeer cock and reindeer's eye ball eating), and more here and here ("Viima" starting 4:50min).

UPDATED, on 10.04.2009 (thanks to Balls of Jericho)

You can view the cover artwork for the new Korpiklaani album "Karkelo" (release date June 26th) at this location. The "Karkelo" cover art was designed by Jan "Örkki" Yrlund again.

UPDATE (thanks to Sjuk and worm_is_gloaming)

As stated by the band: "Time to reveal the tracklist of our upcoming album "Karkelo" (release date June 26th)! But before we do, we have some other hot news for you. On May 25th we will release a single titled "Vodka", on which will be two songs that will absolutely boost every party: "Vodka" and "Juodaan Viinaa"! And even better, this single will also appear as picture vinyl. "Karkelo" will appear as audio cd, as digipack and as picture vinyl."

01. Vodka
02. Erämaan Ärjyt
03. Isku Pitkästä Ilosta
04. Mettänpeiton Valtiaalle
05. Juodaan Viinaa
06. Uniaika
07. Kultanainen
08. Bring Us Pints Of Beer
09. Huppiaan Aarre
10. Könnin Kuokkamies [digipack bonus]
11. Vesaisen Sota
12. Sulasilmä
13. Kohmelo

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Korpiklaani
Posted: 24.04.2009 by Kallis Helmi

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 38   Visited by: 262 users
24.01.2009 - 12:34
In Bone Factory
Nice.I like these folks so much.
----
The End Is Nigh ...
24.01.2009 - 13:30
matthioso
With Korpiklaani it's always a 'karkelo'
Can't wait to hear the new album!

allthough I don't like the clip from that movie. it's over the top... sick...
----
www.seedofrock.be
24.01.2009 - 13:41
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
YEEEAH lets get this KARKELO CRACKIN. its HAMMERTIME. alright i'll chill with the caps.

and why? why did they have to associate themselves with bam margera? now hes gonna throw H.I.M. stars all over them...
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
24.01.2009 - 14:04
Janne
Hugin
Yeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhh. Karkelo is a great title of a Korpiklaani album. I hope it will be at least as good as the old ones! I cannot wait to hear it!!!!
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
24.01.2009 - 14:53
Elio
Red Nightmare
Naaah.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
24.01.2009 - 16:02
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Great title but I prefer Korven Kuningas, since "Korven" means "the sausage" in Swedish, ehm...
24.01.2009 - 17:05
Mother_North
These guys rock, I´ve met them after a concert and they are super nice. I love their sound and I am dying to hear the new album.
----
"i still can't imagine any of them dead. They live on; they are fixed on that far-off region called childhood, were nothing ever dies, not even oneself."
24.01.2009 - 17:39
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
Amazing to see people are still getting stoked on yet another Korpiklaani album... Same shit, different year. Aren't you fed up yet?
----
Your favorite band sucks.
24.01.2009 - 17:52
Gigginova
Account deleted
Written by Thryce on 24.01.2009 at 17:39

Amazing to see people are still getting stoked on yet another Korpiklaani album... Same shit, different year. Aren't you fed up yet?

No! Bands like Motorhead always released the same album and they kick ass.
I'm stoked too. Hopefully this new one will have a drinking song (unlike the last one).
The last two videos in the article were removed lol.
24.01.2009 - 21:21
Symmachus
Oh, yeah. Korpiklaani is already in the progress of a new album! Sweet! These guys seem to work hard, what with all those gigs and releasing a studio album every year since 2005.
24.01.2009 - 22:55
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Wiii, Let's begin with the karkelo! I'm happy to read more news from this guys... Vodka... lol hehehe.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
25.01.2009 - 01:29
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
I don't know. Its great and all but they need to stop pumping out generic music. Maybe spend some more time on the songs.
----
Coldgrits
25.01.2009 - 01:40
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff

Obviously not, and I bet its going to get pretty high praises too....god only knows why.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
25.01.2009 - 01:50
kaylamacgavin
One new album after another
25.01.2009 - 01:58
bard
I'll get it. I don't really see how they could disappoint at this juncture.
----
26.01.2009 - 01:13
kaos666
A year cannot pass without a 'klaani album!
26.01.2009 - 02:52
Marcus
Doit Like Bernie
I wish they would spend some time one their albums instead of just pumping them out year after year. Tales along this road was straight, but not much more has come out of them since then. Too bad.
27.01.2009 - 10:36
Kinetic
Written by Marcus on 26.01.2009 at 02:52

I wish they would spend some time one their albums instead of just pumping them out year after year. Tales along this road was straight, but not much more has come out of them since then. Too bad.

I agree. Got fed up with the last one quite fast.
27.01.2009 - 11:00
Abattoir
Staff
Well, who would expect the album title like this one from them
27.01.2009 - 14:37
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
What a surprinsing album title from the band Take the same and begin again... Seems that originality will be away again...
28.01.2009 - 06:57
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Written by LeChron James on 24.01.2009 at 13:41

YEEEAH lets get this KARKELO CRACKIN. its HAMMERTIME. alright i'll chill with the caps.

and why? why did they have to associate themselves with bam margera? now hes gonna throw H.I.M. stars all over them...

Bam Margera turns everything he touches to shit, sometimes he's already sticking his finger in shit though
28.01.2009 - 07:06
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Introspekrieg on 28.01.2009 at 06:57

Bam Margera turns everything he touches to shit, sometimes he's already sticking his finger in shit though

yeah i know. Bam Margera is a sign of everything thats wrong with america. i blame all wars, economic woes, social injustices and other wrongs on him.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
24.04.2009 - 12:43
DarkMoor99
Account deleted
Great news.
24.04.2009 - 13:30
Tursti
Written by Guest on 24.01.2009 at 17:52

No! Bands like Motorhead always released the same album and they kick ass.
I'm stoked too. Hopefully this new one will have a drinking song (unlike the last one).
The last two videos in the article were removed lol.

You want drinking songs, well, "Vodka", "Juodaan Viinaa" (Let's Drink Booze), that pints of beer song and kohmelo (hang over) have something to do with drinking.
24.04.2009 - 16:49
Janne
Hugin
VODKA! We need some VODKA!!!!
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
24.04.2009 - 17:22
Janne
Hugin
And the cover artwork of the single!!! it's so Korpiklaanish!
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
24.04.2009 - 18:19
Feng
I love these guys so much. I've noticed over the years they have used Finnish much more in their songs and titles, I like that!
24.04.2009 - 19:09
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Damn, its almost one album for year... I like them, but in this rythm it will become boring very soon...
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
24.04.2009 - 19:23
AnarChrist
On May 25th we will release a single titled "Vodka", on which will be two songs that will absolutely boost every party: "Vodka" and "Juodaan Viinaa"!

BRING IT ON HITCHES!!!
----
oh my fucking god, fucking dinosaurs
24.04.2009 - 20:03
skerfy
Yo they releasing it on my birthday! its karkelo time! lol
----
"What do you think you're doing it's broad bloody daylight, you've got no consideration for cyclists! Pardon....it's broad bloody daylight, you've got no consideration for cyclists! Alriiiight!"

Hits total: 7216 | This month: 10