Metal Storm logo
Metal collaborations

28.01.2009 - 18:27
Frankenchrist
A lot of music genres have collaborations with other artists (rap in particular) but i don't know of many metal collaborations.
I've heard System of a Down and the Wu tang Clan's "Shame on a Nigga"

Iggy Pop and Sum 41 (not metal, i know)
GWAR and Cannibal Corpse (but i'm not sure this one really features GWAR, it just sounds like CC)
Metallica and Megadeth (not sure about this one either)
Anthrax and Public Enemy

To skip to the point, does anyone know of any good metal collaborations? Thanks.
----
Blat Blat
31.01.2009 - 11:06
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Frankenchrist on 28.01.2009 at 18:27

A lot of music genres have collaborations with other artists (rap in particular) but i don't know of many metal collaborations.

GWAR and Cannibal Corpse (but i'm not sure this one really features GWAR, it just sounds like CC)
Anthrax and Public Enemy

To skip to the point, does anyone know of any good metal collaborations? Thanks.

Well, this one is going to be a default probably, just because it's so renound in the metal community, but three words is what I have for you; Demons and Wizards. A collaboration beteween Iced Earth's Guitarist and primary composer John Schaefer, and Blind Guardian Vocalist Hansi Kursch. These two make a brilliant pair, and it leaves everyone asking- Who is the demon, and who is the wizard?
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
31.01.2009 - 17:10
Frankenchrist
Written by Arian Totalis on 31.01.2009 at 11:06

Written by Frankenchrist on 28.01.2009 at 18:27

Anthrax and Public Enemy

Well, this one is going to be a default probably, just because it's so renound in the metal community, but three words is what I have for you; Demons and Wizards. A collaboration beteween Iced Earth's Guitarist and primary composer John Schaefer, and Blind Guardian Vocalist Hansi Kursch. These two make a brilliant pair, and it leaves everyone asking- Who is the demon, and who is the wizard?

ooooooh yeah, forgot about them. yeah, i must admit, they're pretty kickass
----
Blat Blat
31.01.2009 - 17:24
Joker
It was for about 3 or 4 years that i listened to a mixed band between Him and Crematory, maybe it was called Century or Sanctuary, ((i heard the name on the radio)), it was really interesting, you have the clean voice guy from crematory and him vocalist and the rest is mixed between the two bands..though i'm not sure abt who exactly is in the band but i'm sure that band exist and it's awsome
31.01.2009 - 18:48
Iudicium_86
Account deleted
Road Runner United - The All Star Sessions

Does that count?
01.02.2009 - 09:21
CrowKiller
Apocalyptica have some cool collaborations. They use many famous musicians for their songs. One particular song I can think of is Max Cavalera singing with Matt Tuck on an Apocalyptica song.
03.02.2009 - 11:19
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
Ayreon uses different vocalists in every album, even Bruce Dickinson has featured in one of his albums
03.02.2009 - 11:57
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
James Labrie is probably the king of collaborations.

And Gus G. (Firewind) had his share too, I'm mentioning him because he did one solo on Arch Enemy's "Doomsday Machine" besides the tour he did with them.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
03.02.2009 - 13:53
CrowKiller
Amon Amarth had Roope Latvala (Children of Bodom), LG Petrov (Entombed) and Apocalyptica on their new album.
04.02.2009 - 15:34
Frankenchrist
Written by Guest on 31.01.2009 at 18:48

Road Runner United - The All Star Sessions

Does that count?

Sure does, they put out some great songs.
----
Blat Blat
07.02.2009 - 00:55
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
The black metal band Twilight was a collaboration of members of Leviathan, Xasthur, Nachtmystium...

if you are looking for a one-time song, Slayer and Ice-T worked together on the Judgment Night soundtrack. Whereas other acts on the soundtrack sounded odd paired together (i.e Helmet and House of Pain), awkwardly trying to mix genres, Ice-T just joined Slayer in the studio and they rocked out medley of old hardcore punk tunes by The Exploited, only modernized and metalized (i.e. UK82 became LA92, a reference to the Rodney King riots).

Ice-T pretty much fronts the vocals for 2/3 the medley and does a damned good job.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
08.02.2009 - 17:57
VPeter
I think collaborations are often used as excuse to plant a sticker on the album with the words "Joey Jordison of Slipknot plays drums!" just to sell an extra buck. There are rarely collaborations out there, that do have a purpose.
17.05.2012 - 15:06
Mr. Blonde
On Kamelot's "The Black Halo", Shagrath joined them for March of Mephisto and I think they did another song together too.

Edit: I just realized I necro'd a 3 year old thread. Not sure what the board policy is on that, hehe. That similar topics section at the bottom is kind of throwing me off from what is current.