Metal Storm logo
Gorgoroth

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 17.05.2006 - 10:18
"In 1994 Gorgoroth released their cult album "Pentagram" and soon became one of the leading acts of the growing scene. "Antichrist", their follow-up release, was even more successful and featured Frost (Satyricon) on drums. The album made a strong impact and consequently led to the bands first live performances in Norway and England (with Cradle of Filth) and finally to their first tour in 1996 with Dissection and Satyricon. With yet another drummer in their ranks, Gorgoroth recorded "Under The Sign Of Hell" and later prepared their first European Headliner-Tour. Nuclear Blast was highly impressed and felt a desire to court the band; by 1998 Gorgoroth had been added to Nuclear Blast's official band roster. The first result of this new marriage was "Destroyer". The band now featured Gaahl on vocals, whose grim and aggressive voice led them to another level. A tour with Cradle of Filth followed, as well as plenty of festival and headlining shows. In 2000 "Incipit Satan" was recorded at Sunlight Studios and showed a new era in the realm of Gorgoroth. The songs, while a bit more refined and far more mature, still maintained their custom unyielding bestiality.

It took another three years, until the follow up to "Incipit Satan" was recorded. After the departure of guitar player Tormentor, Gorgoroth continue on as a four piece, adding another guitar player when it comes time for touring and live shows. "Twilight of the Idols" shows Gorgoroth from several sides and could possibly be the darkest chapter in their career. Finally it is traditional Black Metal of Norwegian origin, performed by the ones who know how it works and who do it the best."

Members:
Infernus (Roger Tiegs) - Vocals, Guitars
Gaahl - Vocals
King Ov Hell - Bass
Dirge Rep - Drums (Live)
Eihwaz (formerly Skagg) - Guitars (Live)

04.01.2009 - 21:06
Genghis Kal
Account deleted
Why did Infernus go and recruit Frank Watkins... He reminds me of this lad I used to be friends with, but he's become a complete tit, I just can't stand his face... and thus I don't like Frank. Plus, he's nowt special on bass. Hopefully Pests will make the new stuff something special, and I have faith in Infernus to come up with some good riffs after so long not writing stuff for Gorgoroth.
10.03.2009 - 18:55
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
This whole band is just nothing more than a circus show now...
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
10.03.2009 - 19:07
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
I think with Infernus making the music now, Gorgoroth can, for once in a while focus on the music primarily. I'm excited to hear what comes of this. My hopes aren't THAT high. I am still very curious.
----
Coldgrits
16.03.2009 - 13:09
Baz Anderson
staff
I have sorted the profiles. The real Gorgoroth is here:

http://www.metalstorm.ee/bands/band.php?band_id=229

and the Gaahl/King Gorgoroth is here:

http://www.metalstorm.ee/bands/band.php?band_id=3936

I've not used the word "Gorgoroth" in their name as they don't on their new myspace page (which is linked in their profile).
16.03.2009 - 14:03
Hellkommando
Written by -DC-002- on 10.03.2009 at 19:07

I think with Infernus making the music now, Gorgoroth can, for once in a while focus on the music primarily. I'm excited to hear what comes of this. My hopes aren't THAT high. I am still very curious.

Well put dude, I don't have high expectations but I am rather curious to see what they'll put out.
----

Formerly Desolate Gale
28.03.2009 - 15:36
Lord_Regnier
Written by BitterCOld on 10.03.2009 at 18:55

This whole band is just nothing more than a circus show now...

I totally agree, all this shit around the name and all is fucking ridiculous. However, I don't care, as I never liked Gorgoroth. Everything I heard from this band was boring, imo. I agree with those who say this band is very overrated and has nothing special.

As for the name, why Ghaal and King would not call their band Ered Gorgoroth, since it's the complete name of that desolated place in Mordor? (as they can't use the name Gorgoroth anymore)
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
28.03.2009 - 16:43
Black_Sheep
I never liked this band. To me it's more like a black metal parody band, than a real BM band.
----
"Reality is almost always wrong."
28.03.2009 - 16:46
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
Written by Lord_Regnier on 28.03.2009 at 15:36

As for the name, why Ghaal and King would not call their band Ered Gorgoroth, since it's the complete name of that desolated place in Mordor? (as they can't use the name Gorgoroth anymore)

I don't know about the copyright rules in Norway, but that probably would be too similar to Gorgoroth and thus not allowed. Then again, they're all using Tolkien's stuff...
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
28.03.2009 - 17:23
Lord_Regnier
Written by Lucas on 28.03.2009 at 16:46

I don't know about the copyright rules in Norway, but that probably would be too similar to Gorgoroth and thus not allowed. Then again, they're all using Tolkien's stuff...

I thought about it while writing my last post. I agree that it's probably too similar to Gorgoroth.
----
29.03.2009 - 19:49
Got Mayhem?
I would guess they choose the name they did to try to hold what little pride they have left.
If they were to choose a name like "Ered Gorgoroth" then it would show that they can't give up on being the one and only gorgoroth (pretty pathetic). So instead, they choose a completely different name and are trying to show that their stronger than Infernus...even though the music is going to be exactly the same.
----
17.08.2009 - 00:57
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Haha if Blabbermouth is right, Gaahl has retired from metal music and God Seed is on some sort of recording hiatus - link

haha Infernus ftw
17.08.2009 - 01:16
TheBigRossowski
Written by Dangerboner on 17.08.2009 at 00:57

Haha if Blabbermouth is right, Gaahl has retired from metal music and God Seed is on some sort of recording hiatus - link

haha Infernus ftw

That's outstanding news. I'm sure the world will still be in order (if it ever was...) if Gaahl retired from metal. Fuck it... I'm listening to more Stoner shit anyways.

Sleep, FTW!
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
30.09.2009 - 03:43
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
New Gorgoroth album "Quantos Possunt ad Satanitatem Trahunt" has leaked....
03.10.2009 - 01:52
Well, I don't like such bands, the music has nothing special just too noisy, I prefer distinct stuff like Dimmu Borgir and Cradle of Filth cuz they've got some real specail stuff. And what about lyrics ? do they think that their shitty lyrics is holy and shouldn't be read by anyone ? anyway BM is music not lyrics...
03.10.2009 - 03:36
Ur-Drago
Gaahl leaving music = good riddance.
03.10.2009 - 06:25
Lord_Regnier
Written by Ur-Drago on 03.10.2009 at 03:36

Gaahl leaving music = good riddance.

Damn I agree with you!
Let's just hope he'll never return.
----
03.10.2009 - 09:46
Sunioj
Written by Bitter Dawn on 30.09.2009 at 03:43

New Gorgoroth album "Quantos Possunt ad Satanitatem Trahunt" has leaked....

Yup. First song fancied me, but the rest of the album seemed a bit too reliant on a certain formula. Well, its just not very memorable. It seemed like a decent album, but its definitely better imo than gaahl era stuff. Im sure quite a few people will like this album though.
03.10.2009 - 09:56
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
I've listened to it about twice all the way through now, and then a few tracks here and there. I can't say I like it more than when Gaahl and other members were in the band, but it's still pretty damn good, fairly typical Infernus writing style, very distinctive.
03.10.2009 - 22:23
Hellkommando
I just have the album a listen to, and all in all I didn't mind it, not too bad at all. A fairly solid effort.

Written by Bitter Dawn on 03.10.2009 at 09:56

I've listened to it about twice all the way through now, and then a few tracks here and there. I can't say I like it more than when Gaahl and other members were in the band, but it's still pretty damn good, fairly typical Infernus writing style, very distinctive.

I agree with your point about it being typical Infernus, I am also a fan of Pest's vocals too.
----

Formerly Desolate Gale
04.10.2009 - 00:47
Sunioj
Oh definitely, the Infernu's signature was a breath of fresh air... and to hear it with great production makes it nicer.
05.10.2009 - 02:11
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Sunioj: The production does indeed bring some new life to the album, I'm an advocate of low-fi to get that raw, and true to the roots sound but, the higher quality on this new release does add a nice touch to it, as though it's the rebirth of the original Gorgoroth but with some experiance under their belts. Overall solid album, I can't think of any thing more to add to this thread.
05.10.2009 - 02:55
danielllewis
Damn, the new album is INCREDIBLE. What a comeback, I was expecting it to be good, but not this good.

My favourite album of 09 so far for sure.
----
05.10.2009 - 12:20
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Written by danielllewis on 05.10.2009 at 02:55

Damn, the new album is INCREDIBLE. What a comeback, I was expecting it to be good, but not this good.

My favourite album of 09 so far for sure.

Best of '09 eh, that's quite a statement man! The year isn't over yet though, depending on what you like there are still a few albums to come before the year ends, Dark Funeral, Skitliv, Belphegor and I'm sure there's some more. Some other decent releases this year worth checking out if you haven't already (just for comparison of the year)

Nazxul - Iconoclas
Katharsis - Fourth Reich
Otargos - Fuck God - Disease Process
Sarke - Vorunah
1349 - Revelations Of The Black (I imagine you've heard this already, not as good as new Gorgoroth imo)
DISHAMMER - Vintage Addiction
Immortal - All Shall Fall
Neutron Hammer - Extermination Kommand
Secrets of the Moon - Privilegium
Wolven Ancestry - Silence of the Boreal
Bliss Of Flesh - Emaciated deity
05.10.2009 - 13:52
Genghis Kal
Account deleted
All I've listened to is the excerpt of Aneuthanasia on Myspace, and the first minute or so sounds like total Bathory worship. Definately looking forward to getting the album.
07.10.2009 - 04:21
AbdelioR
¿The new album is with Ghaal or with another singer?
----
97. Keep your Gore level down for your friends, you're still a social being.
07.10.2009 - 11:16
Hellkommando
Written by AbdelioR on 07.10.2009 at 04:21

The new Gorgoroth album (with Infernus) Quantos Possunt ad Satanitatem Trahunt has Pest on vocals.
----

Formerly Desolate Gale
07.10.2009 - 11:33
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!

Same vocalist as heard on the old albums:

Edit:
Antichrist (tracks split between Pest & Hat)
Under the Sign of Hell
07.10.2009 - 11:36
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Bitter Dawn on 07.10.2009 at 11:33

Pentagram
Antichrist
Under the Sign of Hell

Actually Hat did vocals on Pentagram, and a little on Antichrist too
07.10.2009 - 11:42
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Written by Dangerboner on 07.10.2009 at 11:36

Written by Bitter Dawn on 07.10.2009 at 11:33

Pentagram
Antichrist
Under the Sign of Hell

Actually Hat did vocals on Pentagram, and a little on Antichrist too

Hm, yes you're right man, my fuck up... I was thinking how Antichrist had a split of Hat and Pest. Thanks for the correction.
07.10.2009 - 16:40
AbdelioR
Ok thanks for the aclaration.
----
97. Keep your Gore level down for your friends, you're still a social being.