Metal Storm logo
The Metal Storm Awards 2008 - Discuss

Original post

Posted by Lucas, 01.02.2009 - 17:39
We know you all like to voice your opinion, so instead of spamming up the shoutbox, here's a thread. You are free to bitch, whine, praise and glorify the Awards as much as you want.

BUT:

- We cannot nominate every single band, it is IMPOSSIBLE to avoid overlooking/not knowing a few bands/albums (Write in votes are there for a reason!)
- We try to make these Awards as broad as possible. Don't like Metalcore? Don't vote but simply ignore the category.

Well, that's about it, I guess. Just think before you post, please.
23.02.2009 - 17:29
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Syk on 23.02.2009 at 02:51

I know the releases. Your earlier post referred to "that category" but neither you nor he actually stated a category.

In the thrash write-ins someone wrote Negligence but it doesn't belong.

Now I see what you mean. I thought you meant Neglicence was a release by one of the two
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

26.03.2009 - 12:04
☭ Mr. S &#9773
Owner of the DSA
Ok WTF was up with the Music video catagory? Seriously, Arkona? I watched all the videos and in my oppinion ALL OF THEM WERE BETTER THAN ARKONAS! I voted for Behemoth, but would have been happy if Gojira or Amon Amarth won , but seriously Arkona?
----
Seize the weed of production!
28.03.2009 - 15:37
Ivan
Retired Admin
Elite
Written by ☭ Mr. S &#9773 on 26.03.2009 at 12:04

Ok WTF was up with the Music video catagory? Seriously, Arkona? I watched all the videos and in my oppinion ALL OF THEM WERE BETTER THAN ARKONAS! I voted for Behemoth, but would have been happy if Gojira or Amon Amarth won , but seriously Arkona?

I'm a fan of Arkona and enjoy the fact that a russian band got some attention, but I also think it was one of the weakest nominated videos. They won mostly because they urged their fanbase to vote on their website.
28.03.2009 - 15:56
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ivan on 28.03.2009 at 15:37

Written by ☭ Mr. S &#9773 on 26.03.2009 at 12:04

I'm a fan of Arkona and enjoy the fact that a russian band got some attention, but I also think it was one of the weakest nominated videos. They won mostly because they urged their fanbase to vote on their website.

Belive me in Russia is more better bands, like Arkona, many has split up, but best band in Russian was Cerny Obelisk(Black Obelisk) they had 2 vidoes one ''Stena'' other forgot name, but those was made in eraly 90's but non of Russian band spevely who sings in Russian cant made better

If you have interests you can read my firts post
http://www.metalstorm.ee/forum/topic.php?topic_id=15370&topicsearch=&page=1

Seems Im only one voted for Grave Digger ''Prey'' one of rear vidoes in nowdays who's made like 80's or 90's and didnt wast so much money how some GnR vids
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
20.12.2009 - 14:29
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Why Draconian wasnt in the list, they deserved to be there. just missed them I think.
22.12.2009 - 20:13
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 20.12.2009 at 14:29

Why Draconian wasnt in the list, they deserved to be there. just missed them I think.

No, we heard it and found it not good enough to make the 10 nominated. Simple as that.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

22.12.2009 - 20:26
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 22.12.2009 at 20:13

No, we heard it and found it not good enough to make the 10 nominated. Simple as that.

but found DM very well to be there on the 10 nominated Heavy Metal albums?
22.12.2009 - 20:45
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 22.12.2009 at 20:26

The hevay metal category was just a lot weaker than the doom metal one. And there were a couple of staff members that liked Death Magnetic, simple as that. And what the hell does the heavy metal category have to do with the doom metal one? Not a single thing.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

22.12.2009 - 21:13
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 22.12.2009 at 20:45

The hevay metal category was just a lot weaker than the doom metal one. And there were a couple of staff members that liked Death Magnetic, simple as that. And what the hell does the heavy metal category have to do with the doom metal one? Not a single thing.

but you could nominate Draconian's album in Gothic metal area. anyway now its not important. past is gone and I dont look to the forward neither. just live in now. bt this thread unfortunately is about past.
14.01.2010 - 05:05
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Guest on 22.12.2009 at 21:13

but you could nominate Draconian's album in Gothic metal area.

Exact same answer, replace "doom" with "gothic".
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
14.01.2010 - 05:18
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 14.01.2010 at 05:05

Written by Guest on 22.12.2009 at 21:13

but you could nominate Draconian's album in Gothic metal area.

Exact same answer, replace "doom" with "gothic".

and its you opinion, but take a look at dismaleuphony's vote for this album (just mentioned him cause it seems that staff members just respect staff members!). look I dont want to say Im right or you are not, but when a band releases an album in the first of the year and then you dont put them in awards, but suddenly they got a lot of hand written votes. its means it was so better than Moonspell for them! yes even moonspell which has won the awards.

past is gone, we have to see what 2009 awards have to say and as you can see in the forums I didnt talk about these new awards cause it seems no one hear none staff members voices. Draconian was bad or good is done.
14.01.2010 - 06:02
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Guest on 14.01.2010 at 05:18

and its you opinion, but take a look at dismaleuphony's vote for this album (just mentioned him cause it seems that staff members just respect staff members!). look I dont want to say Im right or you are not, but when a band releases an album in the first of the year and then you dont put them in awards, but suddenly they got a lot of hand written votes. its means it was so better than Moonspell for them! yes even moonspell which has won the awards.

past is gone, we have to see what 2009 awards have to say and as you can see in the forums I didnt talk about these new awards cause it seems no one hear none staff members voices. Draconian was bad or good is done.

Well, most staff don't usually whine about something not getting nominated. Keep in mind that it's not merely one person in the staff that decides the nominees, so while Dismaleuphony may have enjoyed it, the overall census among the staff was that it wasn't that good.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
14.01.2010 - 09:49
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
I am a fand of Moonspell, Tiamat, Draconian and Flowing Tears. 3 of them were nominated, so Im not sorry cause my loved band isnt there. to be honest Draconian is less important in these bands for me. Im just sorry cause it deserved. but better than nothing they got more votes than some albums which were nominated. and this is my opinion and I cant change for sure.