Metal Storm logo
Municipal Waste - To Record New Album In March

Earache Records press release

Earache recording artists Municipal Waste are set to start work on recording their new, yet to be titled album this March at Red Planet Studios in their hometown of Richmond, VA. The album will be produced by Zeuss, who produced the band's last album, 'The Art of Partying'.

The writing process for the new record is almost complete and the band is excited about bringing new ideas to the table. Frontman Tony Foresta comments: "So far the song-writing is coming off a lot more aggressive than our previous efforts."
Drummer Dave Witte agrees: "This set of new songs are challenging and super fun to play; we turned up the aggression and speed knobs while keeping the good time intact."

'The Art of Partying' was released in 2007 to great reviews and hailed the dawn of the most intense shows that Municipal Waste have played throughout the world. Looking ahead, Tony Foresta is enthused about the direction in which the band's writing has taken them on the new album: "I think it is a definite change from our last 2 albums. Nothing super-drastic, but a positive change. The Waste is still all about having a good time. But I think we all agreed on writing something a bit more pissed off and different with this album, instead of going ahead and writing the same album all over again. But don't fear, we're not getting "artistic" or any bullshit like that. We've just been listening to a lot more Poison Idea and NWOBHM and I feel it might show a bit with this next album."

The band have announced 3 song titles which promise entirely new levels of intensity and insanity in a style that is pure Waste: "Massive Aggressive", "Shredded Offering", and "The Divine Blasphemer".

The new Municipal Waste album is expected to be released worldwide on Earache Records in late August 2009.

Source: earachenews.blogspot.com
Band profile: Municipal Waste
Posted: 03.02.2009 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 40 users
03.02.2009 - 16:50
Frankenchrist

YEEEEEEEEEEEEES
----
Blat Blat
03.02.2009 - 17:27
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
COOOOOOOL

Lol:
Quote:
But don't fear were not getting "artistic" or any bullshit like that.

Good, I don't think I could take it if Municipal Waste did anything drastic.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
03.02.2009 - 18:40
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
I'm looking forward to getting Wasted again.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
04.02.2009 - 07:53
Thrashard

FUCK YEAH!! This just made my fucking week
04.02.2009 - 09:39
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
YEEAH FUCK ME UP!
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.

Hits total: 3199 | This month: 6