Metal Storm logo
Psychotic Waltz

08.07.2006 - 10:02
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
I actually just found this band. I was looking at a catalogue I got from inside The Devin Townsend Band's album 'Synchestra' and it had Dead Soul Tribe's 'The January Tree' on it and I search them and found their lead singer Buddy Lackey was in this band. I just listened to some of the MP3s from their website. It's pretty good sounding old school Metal, with some strong Progressive tendencies and sort of an early Fates Warning feeling. Anyone a fan?
----
The force will be with you, always.
08.07.2006 - 12:34
okt31
Account deleted
Excellent prog metal band. I like all the four albums. Especially songs like Freakshow, Northern Lights, Lovestone Blind, Into the Everflow, ...
Great, great band. Too bad I haven't heard Dead Soul Tribe...
08.07.2006 - 13:48
Hellish Star

Indeed an awesome band, difficult to label. They have progressive, traditional and US power metal influences but they are pretty original in my opinion... The first album is still my favourite. How I hope for a reunion (which will never happen)...
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
08.07.2006 - 14:49
okt31
Account deleted
Well, Devon Graves of Buddy Lackey iot depends how you want to call him, is producing music he did back then. So it's not that impossible.. And there would be interested people on the new incarnation of the band. He should be encouraged to do reunite the band!
08.07.2006 - 15:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Well seems this tread are beck.
I realy enjoy this band, I had 2 tapes, firts two albums, and I realy like listen tgis band, even if on other side of tape are Forbidden firt album
I realy love sonf ''I remeber'' its onbe of best ballad in world, and lyrics are great, great whit I dunno like poem, so yeah great band, but fiew people know it
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
09.07.2006 - 03:27
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I've also been a fan of the band for awhile...I favorite songs are Faded and Mosquito
09.07.2006 - 14:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 09.07.2006 at 03:27

I've also been a fan of the band for awhile...I favorite songs are Faded and Mosquito

I had ''Mosqito'' sond on my pc I love it its great and intresting specelyy voice of singer.
----

apos;'
[image]
10.07.2006 - 20:01
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Does anyone own The Strange Mind Of Buddy Lackey album? If so, can I leach it off of you?
13.07.2006 - 21:32
KMR

I've everything from them..everything that has been released and some bootlegs (i know there are some video stuff unpublished). Thats my band of all times, the older the music is, the better, the guitar work inspired and allow progressive music to touch of psychodelic 70's, so pity there're no more followers except few bands. If anyone doesnt know them - shame!! Best are fist and second release, thats their golden era, but last two releases are also good, but a little bit slower and more groovie.
----
Nothing is sacred.
03.08.2006 - 01:02
rebelos
Account deleted
i have Mosquito album and Social Grace
i prefer Mosquito though...
it's more heavy!
but both albums are perfect!!!

Lovestone Blind, Dancing In The Ashes, Faded, I Remember, Succesor are my favorites!

i can't see a reunion coming... too bad
03.08.2006 - 01:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 03.08.2006 at 01:02

i have Mosquito album and Social Grace
i prefer Mosquito though...
it's more heavy!
but both albums are perfect!!!

Lovestone Blind, Dancing In The Ashes, Faded, I Remember, Succesor are my favorites!

i can't see a reunion coming... too bad

I remeber a story about RED flags standing hight
I remeber all Herous who dy from the Piates of Dreams, yeah I remeber best song ever
----

apos;'
[image]
15.09.2006 - 00:54
okt31
Account deleted
Yes, it's an exceptional song!
I guess the Turkish prog metal band Northern Lights took their name from their great song on the last album (Bleeding)
15.09.2006 - 01:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 15.09.2006 at 00:54

Yes, it's an exceptional song!
I guess the Turkish prog metal band Northern Lights took their name from their great song on the last album (Bleeding)

haha I just lil made lyrics of my won to lil nerving Rebelos
----

apos;'
[image]
23.09.2007 - 09:58
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
These guys are absolutely great! A progressive metal band absolutely worthy of attention. My favorite album is a Social Grace, but into the everflow follows very closely.
11.06.2009 - 01:28
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
About time to give this topic a kick, cause this is a BRILLIANT band. Their four studio albums are all masterpieces. At the time the band had quite a big following but somehow the passing of time has not treated their notority too well, cause nowadays it seems like no-one knows of this band.

The first time I saw them live was at Dynamo Open Air 1991 and saw them also in a club opening for Primus (I think) and live they impressed me even more than on album.

Musically this is a weird bunch, yes it is progressive but also technical as hell reminding me at times of Watchtower although PW aren't thrash at all. At times Jethro Tull like with the flute on A Social Grace. A weird great band who we all seem to have forgot about.
And of course their vocalist Buddy Lackey now sings in Deadsoul Tribe as Devon Graves.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

11.06.2009 - 01:34
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 11.06.2009 at 01:28

About time to give this topic a kick, cause this is a BRILLIANT band. Their four studio albums are all masterpieces. At the time the band had quite a big following but somehow the passing of time has not treated their notority too well, cause nowadays it seems like no-one knows of this band.

The first time I saw them live was at Dynamo Open Air 1991 and saw them also in a club opening for Primus (I think) and live they impressed me even more than on album.

Musically this is a weird bunch, yes it is progressive but also technical as hell reminding me at times of Watchtower although PW aren't thrash at all. At times Jethro Tull like with the flute on A Social Grace. A weird great band who we all seem to have forgot about.
And of course their vocalist Buddy Lackey now sings in Deadsoul Tribe as Devon Graves.

I agree, these guys are amazing. I am a fan of their material as well as Deadsoul Tribe. I wish more people knew this band, but If wishes were horses we'd all be eating steak.
----
(space for rent)
11.06.2009 - 01:44
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Oh yeah just came across an interview my more or less next door neighbour Evil Dr. Smith (Bas Smit) did with Dan Rock years ago for Lords Of Metal

http://www.lordsofmetal.nl/showinterview.php?id=60&lang=en
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996