Metal Storm logo
Agoraphobic Nosebleed

04.02.2009 - 16:50
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Just to start with, I apologize if there's already an Agoraphobic Nosebleed thread, but I did use the search engine and found nothing, which suprised me. So hopefully, let me welcome you to the forum of this amazingly talented Grind band.

Personally, all I own is Altered States of America, but it's an amazing album. I really want Honkey Reduction, and Frozen Corpse stuffed with Dope. I think though, that I will be picking up their new album when it comes out, because i'm listening to some new tracks now, and it sounds very good. Probably gonna be on the poll for "Best Grind of 09." But hey, we'll see *shrug.*
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
05.02.2009 - 00:34
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I have Honkey Reduction and I didn't like it too much...there was this one period in my life where I was trying to get into grind and they were the better band out of what I was listening too...I'll give them that much...
05.02.2009 - 01:22
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I own pretty much all of their albums except one of their best, Frozen Corpse Stuffed With Dope. I bought PCP Tornado with the bonus remix disc for like $22 and all I got was 10 minutes of average powerviolence/grindcore and a shitty electronic remix album. Altered States of America is kinda cool, but they cheated by having like 20 tracks with just talking and it just should have been longer. Bestial Machinery and Frozen Corpse Stuffed With Dope are must haves, and the new album should be fucking sick too.

Arian, I'm confused. I thought Explosions in Ward Six and 38 Counts of Battery (pretty much the same thing) are Pig Destroyer releases...
05.02.2009 - 02:45
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Dangerboner on 05.02.2009 at 01:22

I own pretty much all of their albums except one of their best, Frozen Corpse Stuffed With Dope. I bought PCP Tornado with the bonus remix disc for like $22 and all I got was 10 minutes of average powerviolence/grindcore and a shitty electronic remix album. Altered States of America is kinda cool, but they cheated by having like 20 tracks with just talking and it just should have been longer. Bestial Machinery and Frozen Corpse Stuffed With Dope are must haves, and the new album should be fucking sick too.

Arian, I'm confused. I thought Explosions in Ward Six and 38 Counts of Battery (pretty much the same thing) are Pig Destroyer releases...

Oh damn, once more I go mixing up band info after listening to them. Yeah, I had listened to Pig Destroyer before I posted this thread...sorry. Editing commencing lol.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

05.02.2009 - 02:50
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
I suppose I do agree about the talking tracks, by the way, that is my one large critisism toward that album. The only way to justify it really is because that album was a "Cybergrind" endeavor. But I dunno, it just got fucking annoying.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

07.02.2009 - 05:52
vix69_deathline
Account deleted
Agoraphobic Nosebleed is really awesome! one of the best grindcore bands from the 90's.i only own Honky Reduction and The Poacher Diaries split with Converge.

why dont we post post some downloadable links here?
it would pretty much help us hehe!

newbie here anyway.
07.02.2009 - 19:38
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Guest on 07.02.2009 at 05:52

Agoraphobic Nosebleed is really awesome! one of the best grindcore bands from the 90's.i only own Honky Reduction and The Poacher Diaries split with Converge.

why dont we post post some downloadable links here?
it would pretty much help us hehe!

newbie here anyway.

their Myspace:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=38237481

Their Wiki Page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agoraphobic_Nosebleed

Their Official Webpage:
http://www.agoraphobicnosebleed.com/home.htm

There ya go
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

09.02.2009 - 00:04
Gigginova
Account deleted
I'm just getting into them. I like their "Frozen Corpse Stuffed With Dope" CD
09.02.2009 - 08:04
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
DJ Rectal Anarchy is the greatest song ever recorded
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
09.02.2009 - 16:22
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by LeChron James on 09.02.2009 at 08:04

I actually think 40 leeches and Mosquito Human Holding Cattle Prod are two of their best songs (granted I only have that one album)
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

09.02.2009 - 17:55
Sunioj

I like this band, and I like Altered States of America. My only gripe is that the songs are way too short. I know, its grindcore, its supposed to be like that. It's just harder get into the groove when there is an abrupt pause after less than half a minute (if I remember correctly, or even less).

But some really awesome songs they have, and I love the tone of the guitar, reminds me of dismember.
09.02.2009 - 19:41
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Arian Totalis on 09.02.2009 at 16:22

Written by LeChron James on 09.02.2009 at 08:04

I actually think 40 leeches and Mosquito Human Holding Cattle Prod are two of their best songs (granted I only have that one album)
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
09.02.2009 - 20:02
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
The only release of theirs I've really listened to is PCP Torpedo and even then I prefer the remixes. Still though, awesome 6 minutes of grind 8]
10.02.2009 - 01:17
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Sunioj on 09.02.2009 at 17:55

I like this band, and I like Altered States of America. My only gripe is that the songs are way too short. I know, its grindcore, its supposed to be like that. It's just harder get into the groove when there is an abrupt pause after less than half a minute (if I remember correctly, or even less).

But some really awesome songs they have, and I love the tone of the guitar, reminds me of dismember.

Yes but try to keep in mind, not all grind is dominantly Micro-songs. As a matter of fact, I'd say that the majority of Grind bands only use Micro-songs here and There. But you do find those who seem to use them as a specialty.

Dismember eh? I know they're one of your favorite bands, so I guess that says something...
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

13.02.2009 - 04:33
Gigginova
Account deleted
I think they have a song called, "Homophobic Assbleed"
It's hard to get hold of plenty of their songs at once while using Limewire
13.02.2009 - 18:18
Woutjinho
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 13.02.2009 at 04:33

yeah the song is from altered states of america

http://canalla-metal.blogspot.com/2008/10/agoraphobic-nosebleed-altered-states-of.html

here you can download the whole album without any download programm
14.02.2009 - 06:51
Gigginova
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 13.02.2009 at 18:18

Written by Guest on 13.02.2009 at 04:33

yeah the song is from altered states of america

http://canalla-metal.blogspot.com/2008/10/agoraphobic-nosebleed-altered-states-of.html

here you can download the whole album without any download programm

hmmm i gotta download megaupload first though.
thanks man! I ga do it later
15.01.2010 - 20:19
Meep
Account deleted
All things considered Agorapocalypse was probably my fave release of '09. The decision to do more conventional song lengths and add some melody was a good call in my eyes.
15.01.2010 - 21:20
spirit_inblack
harshhead
Yeah, it was really good. A lot more Pig Destroyer-esque riffs thrown in there and as you said, the longer songs. I still think I like Frozen Corpse Stuffed With Dope better though.
22.01.2010 - 08:54
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
I definitly would put Agorapocalypse in the best grind of 09 category. It is some bad ass shit, I tell you hwhat.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

23.01.2010 - 00:49
crownofhorns237

Agoraphobic Nosebleed is probably my favorite grind band(maybe}. I like all their stuff but didn't like Honkey Reduction much. Bestial Machinery is awesome, there's alot of filler though. Frozen Corpses Stuffed With Dope is awesome and somehow actually found it at Records n Tape Traders. Agorapocalypse is a huge step forward for the band. All the songs are longer, better structure and production, and insanely heavy. Dick to Mouth Recessitation is one of my fav's on the disc. And another thing. How do they come up with these song titles? Some are so funny, and others are huge wtf. These guys make so much noise. Incredibly heavy noise. I love this band.
23.01.2010 - 09:27
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by crownofhorns237 on 23.01.2010 at 00:49

Agoraphobic Nosebleed is probably my favorite grind band(maybe}. I like all their stuff but didn't like Honkey Reduction much. Bestial Machinery is awesome, there's alot of filler though. Frozen Corpses Stuffed With Dope is awesome and somehow actually found it at Records n Tape Traders. Agorapocalypse is a huge step forward for the band. All the songs are longer, better structure and production, and insanely heavy. Dick to Mouth Recessitation is one of my fav's on the disc. And another thing. How do they come up with these song titles? Some are so funny, and others are huge wtf. These guys make so much noise. Incredibly heavy noise. I love this band.

The answer to your questions about the song titles: Imagine three really goofy guys sitting in a basement, smoking weed and coming up with the most edgy retarted shit they can come up with. Well, that's my theory anyway. Some of it's hit or miss, and some of it is just fucking hillarious.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

17.01.2012 - 06:40
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Gaddamn, what i would do to see these guys live. Matter of fact, they would be a MUCH better act for the Super Bowl halftime show this year than fucking Madonna, who is a few years younger than but only marginally better looking than my crazy dad.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

18.01.2012 - 18:42
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
HEY GUYS
Both of you, go to opposite corners.
Goat for being a moron, and Lecron for feeding the troll and therefore being a moron as well.

Now back on topic.
Agorapocalypse is awesome... Hard to believe they have machine drums.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
18.01.2012 - 19:41
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
No worries. clean up on aisle MS... delete-o-matic version.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
04.11.2013 - 09:42
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by X-Ray Rod on 18.01.2012 at 18:42

Agorapocalypse is awesome... Hard to believe they have machine drums.

I read they use EZ drummer and now Drumkit From Hell, two of the best software drum synths in the world. No wonder they sound incredible on record.