Metal Storm logo
The Berzerker

08.07.2006 - 11:16
King Antichrist
Account deleted
Amazing band that I finally have all 3 albums by.

The first, self-titled album is pretty up and down, with some great tracks and some not so great. The second album just improves on the first in every way. Better drum sound, catchier riffs, and stronger vocals. The 3rd and most recent album, 'World of Lies' is a much more polished album, making sense that it took a while make. The band has a very unique sound most comparable to Fuck...I'm Dead but even then the 2 band are quite different.

The Berzerker lyrics range from deep philosophical and misanthropic matters to general gore lyrics.

Anyone else here appreciate this amazing and very extreme metal band?
08.07.2006 - 12:37
Falcon
yap, they're great. Quite a unique band with their indutrial grind and probably the best in their genre. But they started using a drum computer because nobody believed it was a real drummer playing before and it was senseless they kept on wasting time an energy by making the drums right. I don't know if they use a real drummer again now
----

°~\m/~° Thoughts of death inside tear me apart from the core of my soul °~\m/~°
08.07.2006 - 13:31
King Antichrist
Account deleted
It's always been a drum machine for the studio and live drummer for gigs.
12.07.2006 - 13:08
Basso
Account deleted
I have only heard a few songs from their last 2 albums and I found them rather boring. Any recommendations to prove me wrong?
12.07.2006 - 16:59
King Antichrist
Account deleted
World of Lies: Black Heart, All About You, Burn the Evil
Dissimulate: No One Wins
Self-titled: Cannibal Rights, February

It's all fucking sick though, Dissimulate and World of Lies are amazing pieces of extreme metal.
I agree though, it takes a while to get into (took me a couple of years before I got fully into them)
12.07.2006 - 17:24
Basso
Account deleted
I have no problem with extremety if that is what you mean by sick ^^. And thanks
21.07.2006 - 19:28
iaberis
Advice Troll
How can you stand this noise??? No melody, no understandable lyrics and drums hiting like a weapon!!!
----
Bitch! Please
21.07.2006 - 19:29
iaberis
Advice Troll
Not to mention the terrible masks!
----
Bitch! Please
29.07.2006 - 18:54
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
i like listening to them, but not because i think they have amazingly much talent, neither do i think their lyrics are great, and i dont think their riffs are very good, but out of some reason i find their music absolutely hilarious, whenever i´m feeling kinda gloomy and need something to make me grin i just turn on some Berzerker and start laughing, not that they´re that bad or something, i dont know what it is, but something in their music is just hilarious for me
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
30.07.2006 - 12:55
Basso
Account deleted
@ iaberis : Well if you dont like extreme bands stay away from them instead of bitchin, they wont disband just because of your whining anyway.

Well I listened to the songs Godhate recommended me but I still find this band rather average. Neither good nor band.

well anyway cheers!
06.08.2006 - 18:33
iaberis
Advice Troll
@ Basso: Dude! I'm not whining! I'm just saying my opinion about this band! In my opinion it's a waste of electricity and time! Although the videos are funny indeed. When my friends and I, have nothing to do, we gather around a pc and watch their video laughing and marking them...
----
Bitch! Please
06.08.2006 - 18:37
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Just a chunk of extreme Death metal. Enjoyable, no more.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
08.12.2006 - 12:36
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
The Berzerker - New Song Posted Online:

You can check out a new song from The Berzerker entitled 'Heavily Medicated,' off their upcoming new album "Animosity", over at their official MySpace page here.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
09.12.2006 - 04:28
SilentScream
Blasphemer
I discovered this band a few months ago (by accident, actually) and since then they have been getting a lot of ''playing'' time within my mp3 playlists. I really dug World Of Lies right then and there and am considering looking into the older material.
09.12.2006 - 16:08
Necronomicon
Account deleted
i think they are bad... generaly i hate the drum machine it sounds terrible... but cool audio clips ...
10.12.2006 - 01:13
Basso
Account deleted
Ya they are really boring, cant find anything good with them. have given them several listens since last time I was in this thread.
11.12.2006 - 19:24
_HIV_
i like this band very much! their in your face attitude! kinda reminds me of techno ... which is not that bad mixing it with metal! gre8 vocals great music ... the only thing im not so fond of are the masks! they remind me of slipknot
15.12.2006 - 05:47
Baz Anderson
Staff
i have not known The Berzerker for a long time at all, and i only have their first and latst albums..
but the latest especially, i really like.. it is crazy! never heard anything like it before
its definitely the sort of stuff youre going to get your neighbours banging on the walls about!
17.01.2007 - 12:37
dark-1988
Account deleted
A great band. Discovered them on a CD that came with a magizine
(Rock Sound or something.) I really enjoy the deep philosophical side. Altho, at the moment, I only have "World Of Lies".

Would apperactie a recommendation on the next album I should buy.
13.02.2007 - 18:43
immolation
Account deleted
Got all of there albums and the dvd.Great band. i love evrything about them, Brutal mosh music, good guitar rifts, insane drum patterns, good vocals and the lyrics are really good
13.02.2007 - 18:48
immolation
Account deleted
What do people think of the new 'Animosity' album ?
14.02.2007 - 14:53
Baz Anderson
Staff
I've not heard it yet.. it hasnt been released yet has it..
I am looking forward to it though!
20.02.2007 - 18:08
immolation
Account deleted
its was released on the 12th of feb bud. what do u think of it ?
20.02.2007 - 23:13
Pinusar
Account deleted
I've only heard one song from them, Heavily Medicated. I quite liked it, not that it'd stir up some exceptional feelings in me, but a decent metal to headbang after. Possibly going to give them some more listens.
21.02.2007 - 00:15
ShadowSpirit
Account deleted
I bought the album the new other day and i think its fucking amazing! I love The Bezerker and I think the new album is damn good, the drumming is more extreme and to me these guys improve everytime!
Dissimulate was an awesome album, but Animosity is definitely one to give a go, if you like The Bezerker

21.02.2007 - 14:19
Angel Deformity
Azathoth
this band used to be one of my favourites and at times i can still give the first album a listen, never liked the noise/ambient/experimental stuff at the end of the cds... i just got sick of this band after awhile, they had something good but IMO they lost it and havent been able to get it back... pity
18.03.2007 - 03:53
Søren
Lord of the Mosh
Elite
I work with the bass player from Berzerker (well, same company, but he's in England and I'm in the USA). He just wrapped up a solo project called "The Senseless" which you can find here:
http://www.3-crosses-design.com/anticulture.html

I personally like it far more than Berzerker from what I've heard so far. I have to agree that Berzerker is too much noise for the most point (I'm not a huge fan of industrial or death anyway).
21.03.2007 - 15:07
FrOsTmOuRnE 0_o
Account deleted
i only heard about them a week ago they are great
22.06.2007 - 23:07
ASiema113
Good shit heard one of there tracks that starts out with a guy going nuts about the head in his hands, pretty good guitars, vocals are decent and the keyboard tops it all off.
----

Written by Guest on 18.01.2008 at 09:05

People are always at their very best when they're dead.
11.09.2007 - 23:21
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
YES I finally know where the main riff in one of their songs comes from; Stench Of Paradise Burning by Disincarnate. I don't know the name of The Bezerker song where they decided to rip off Disincarnate, since I've never wanted to have any of their albums. I just have two of their songs burned to a mix CD, and one of those songs has the same awesome and distinct riff that James Murphy wrote.