‹‹ Back to the General metal forum Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17]
Users visited: 430  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by Bloody Rain on 17.05.2006 at 10:22
Okay, well this is the same thread created on the old version of metalstorm. Please share with us how you feel about the metal scene in your city/town/village/hamlet. Some ideas are say... how often you get concerts in your town, or if there are a lot of people or not into the metal scene, etc. etc.

Well here in Regina Saskatchewan I find that it's pretty bad, but it has gotten a lot better over the past few months. We don't get very many bigger name bands anymore, but the local scene is quite alive. Those shows get a lot of people (the last one even sold out), but I find that a lot of bands don't come by here much anymore. I would like to see more bigger name metal bands play some shows here, but it just doesn't happen anymore. Before when they were supposed to play, they were often cancelled and that really irritated me.

As far as metal people are concerned, well I've been noticing a little more now than I did before as well. So to sum it up, I'd say that the scene was dying here, but it's being revived so to speak.

Page 17 of 17

Deathrace_king

06.11.2012 at 20:33
Heya,
i just moved from israel to the UK, in israel the metal scene is really small and "ruled" by the "eldars" bounch of ppl think
they know it all, small part of them is alright the others are a bounch of fags pretend to know everything and anything about metal better then other... and in uk, well haven't been here enough time to say, where i currently live (woodford) the there no metal at all :\
FourMechALYX

07.11.2012 at 03:14
I live in a small suburban town and there is absolutely no official metal scene, as in no big metal bands come here to play. (I have heard Metallica sometimes comes to my town but it could be total gossip, if they do come they make themselves very scarce.) Anyway, my original point of commenting is to say as for the high school metal fans thing, my high school's metal scene is extremely cliquey. It surprises me, I hear people from other towns talking about how all of the metal fans band together there and I am jealous! There is my little group with my band mates and some tag-alongs and dates, and like three others with the same situation that we just about never talk to and that just about never talk to each other. And it isn't like the other groups are into different types of metal or that the people don't like each other, when we actually talk it's a good time, but it's just kind of disappointing how we don't get together for more events or be better friends. I guess it just comes down to who people happen to make friends with.
----
"Well, looks like the country is stuck between a Kerry King wristband and a hard place..."

"Cool story bro, tell it to Reader's Digest."
Bad English
nobody

01.03.2013 at 17:08
Maybe I shood post it 4 years ago but ok
band from my home town
one man band Sun Devordet Earth
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Sun_Devoured_Earth/3540325436
I dont know personaly guy but I send him a PM, pretty awesome ,
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
GlobalMetalApoc

01.03.2013 at 21:40
Put it like this, Wickford has only got a hardcore / power pop band as the heaviest music, however Essex has a host of metal bands, check out: Chimp Spanner, Kaine, Osmium Guillotine, Forged in Black, Carried By Six, One Fell Down, One Louder, Dismanibus, Badlock, Super Charger, Sleepless Pariah

Also defunct bands like Thames Burial, Fall To Oblivion, Iyus
----
Bringing global metal to the masses
AndyT

01.03.2013 at 23:49
Metal in my general area is poor but there are some really great british bands stepping into the limelight. Winterfylleth being the most impressive in recent months.
GlobalMetalApoc

03.03.2013 at 00:05
Written by AndyT on 01.03.2013 at 23:49

Metal in my general area is poor but there are some really great british bands stepping into the limelight. Winterfylleth being the most impressive in recent months.

Chris is a lovely guy if you get to chat to him
----
Bringing global metal to the masses
Dentura
Shadow King

03.03.2013 at 01:13
The only really good band I can think of from my area is Xanthochroid. That's about it though...
----
...And so death to the falsity of thy former rulers. Thy kingdom of "heaven" burns in a field of fire, and Dentura is the one true God thou must yield thy hearts and souls to in absolute submission. It is his ultimate decree and will unto thee..
skrog1

10.03.2013 at 00:05
In the Twin Cities metro area of MN, the metal scene is great. Lots of really good, brutal metal. Australlus, Nailed Shut, Moloch, Bloodgeon, Skrog (shameless self plug)... The list goes on and on. Most of the musicians are cool. A lot of people come out to support each others' shows. It's just really hard to find bands who actually get out and tour and be heard. That's the hard thing about this area. Everyone's got a DWI, or some legal problems holding them back. lol
----
LIKE THE OFFICIAL SKROG FACEBOOK PAGE TODAY!!!!

http://facebook.com/Skrogband
Dentura
Shadow King

29.11.2013 at 05:57
Oh, and I forgot to mention Exhausted Prayer from LA. They have a couple of kickass albums out and are very underground so hardly anyone will know about them, but they are so worth my recommendation. \m/
----
...And so death to the falsity of thy former rulers. Thy kingdom of "heaven" burns in a field of fire, and Dentura is the one true God thou must yield thy hearts and souls to in absolute submission. It is his ultimate decree and will unto thee..
Joodicator

10.01.2014 at 18:30
I've already posted in here, but right now I'm living in Hamburg, so things are of course bound to be a bit different to England, especially on the concert side. Not many bands hail from here though, just a couple of small bands like Helloween, Gamma Ray and Iron Savior that you've probably never heard of.
----
If you're 666 then I'm 777
http://www.last.fm/user/Joodicator
mbcameron

11.01.2014 at 10:16
We occasionally get some decent tours that come through Spokane but for most of the big bands Seattle is the closest place to go. Our local scene is more or less thriving but mainly post-hardcore and metalcore bands. There are some decent metal bands as well, we have three prog bands including my band, Saxeus (gotta name drop as much as possible) so I am kinda hoping that develops into more of a thing. Metalcore is king here though.

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17]

Login or register to post here.