Metal Storm logo
The metal scene in your area

Original post

Posted by Bloody Rain, 17.05.2006 - 10:22
Okay, well this is the same thread created on the old version of metalstorm. Please share with us how you feel about the metal scene in your city/town/village/hamlet. Some ideas are say... how often you get concerts in your town, or if there are a lot of people or not into the metal scene, etc. etc.

Well here in Regina Saskatchewan I find that it's pretty bad, but it has gotten a lot better over the past few months. We don't get very many bigger name bands anymore, but the local scene is quite alive. Those shows get a lot of people (the last one even sold out), but I find that a lot of bands don't come by here much anymore. I would like to see more bigger name metal bands play some shows here, but it just doesn't happen anymore. Before when they were supposed to play, they were often cancelled and that really irritated me.

As far as metal people are concerned, well I've been noticing a little more now than I did before as well. So to sum it up, I'd say that the scene was dying here, but it's being revived so to speak.
03.03.2013 - 00:05
GlobalMetalApoc

Written by AndyT on 01.03.2013 at 23:49

Metal in my general area is poor but there are some really great british bands stepping into the limelight. Winterfylleth being the most impressive in recent months.

Chris is a lovely guy if you get to chat to him
----
Bringing global metal to the masses
03.03.2013 - 01:13
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
The only really good band I can think of from my area is Xanthochroid. That's about it though...
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
10.03.2013 - 00:05
skrog1

In the Twin Cities metro area of MN, the metal scene is great. Lots of really good, brutal metal. Australlus, Nailed Shut, Moloch, Bloodgeon, Skrog (shameless self plug)... The list goes on and on. Most of the musicians are cool. A lot of people come out to support each others' shows. It's just really hard to find bands who actually get out and tour and be heard. That's the hard thing about this area. Everyone's got a DWI, or some legal problems holding them back. lol
----
LIKE THE OFFICIAL SKROG FACEBOOK PAGE TODAY!!!!

http://facebook.com/Skrogband
29.11.2013 - 05:57
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
Oh, and I forgot to mention Exhausted Prayer from LA. They have a couple of kickass albums out and are very underground so hardly anyone will know about them, but they are so worth my recommendation. \m/
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
10.01.2014 - 18:30
Wukk

I've already posted in here, but right now I'm living in Hamburg, so things are of course bound to be a bit different to England, especially on the concert side. Not many bands hail from here though, just a couple of small bands like Helloween, Gamma Ray and Iron Savior that you've probably never heard of.
----
If you're 666 then I'm 777
http://www.last.fm/user/Joodicator
11.01.2014 - 10:16
mbcameron

We occasionally get some decent tours that come through Spokane but for most of the big bands Seattle is the closest place to go. Our local scene is more or less thriving but mainly post-hardcore and metalcore bands. There are some decent metal bands as well, we have three prog bands including my band, Saxeus (gotta name drop as much as possible) so I am kinda hoping that develops into more of a thing. Metalcore is king here though.
02.08.2016 - 23:47
reuts82!

Check out HumanForm Minneapolis metal band, sooooo good
https://humanformmn.bandcamp.com/releases

www.facebook.com/humanformmn
17.08.2016 - 07:15
Korpi
\m/ ichigan
NORTHERN MICHIGAN:
Complete shit. Metalcore, some stoner metal, and a fuck ton of hardrock bands that call themselves "metal".

SOUTH-WEST MICHIGAN:
Basically the same as northern Michigan but more elitist.

SOUTH-EAST MICHIGAN:
Some good black, thrash, and death metal bands if you wade through the shit bands and ghetto venues.
27.08.2016 - 09:44
Ganondox

I live in Utah, and there is basically no good metal south of Salt Lake. I want to work on changing that, it's not like no one lists to metal here.
27.08.2016 - 10:10
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Ganondox on 27.08.2016 at 09:44

I live in Utah, and there is basically no good metal south of Salt Lake. I want to work on changing that, it's not like no one lists to metal here.

One great band comes from there - SubRosa.

You heard 'em?
27.08.2016 - 10:35
Ganondox

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 27.08.2016 at 10:10

You heard 'em?

Yup! That's why I included the qualifier "south of Salt Lake".
27.08.2016 - 10:40
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Ganondox on 27.08.2016 at 10:35

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 27.08.2016 at 10:10

You heard 'em?

Yup! That's why I included the qualifier "south of Salt Lake".

I'm in dire need of glasses now.
28.08.2016 - 07:39
DualHelix

Not really much from my area. There's a lot of country fans here unfortunately, and most of the metal that comes out of this area, if any, are some fairly generic deathcore style bands. Not saying that Deathcore in itself is generic, there are some bands that stand out, but you know the type I'm talking about.

This is in East Texas btw.
29.08.2016 - 14:24
deadpiece

We got plenty of bands here in Athens, Greece. Sad part is that there are really few melodic doom/death (the genre im into) and a huge number of thrash metal bands. I cant explain why 80's Bay Area thrash is rising so much in Greece and especially in Athens . We also got plenty of death metal bands and of course metalcore bands.
05.09.2016 - 00:55
Crimson Maiden

I wish that when metal bands perform in the USA that they would consider playing down south (like Tallahassee, Fla.) for example...If they could put their heads together and work out a schedule with their promoters, etc. it would so awesome...Atlanta, Ga. is too far away!!!!