Metal Storm logo
Ayat - Six Years Of Dormant Hatred review

Reviewer:

5 users:
Band: Ayat
Album: Six Years Of Dormant Hatred
Style: Black metal
Release date: November 2008

01. Ilahiya Khinzir! (All Hail Allah The Swine)
02. Fornication And Murder
03. The Fine Art Of Arrogance Part One (The Icon And The Cattle)
04. Collective Suicide In The Boudoir (Feeling Wonderful Tonight)
05. Puking Under Radiant Moonlight (Followed By A Century Long Ejaculation)
06. Misogyny When We Embrace
07. Necronarcos (Tame You Death)
08. Curses! Curses! And Never Sleep...
09. Thousands Of Pissed Motherfuckers...
10. Such A Beautiful Day! (The Exaltation Of Saint Francis)

Oh boy do I love Black metal. Especially when I'm in that special "fuck everything, but most important, fuck YOU" mood. And when you have some good "nuclear-charged Black metal and goat-grinding punk" (couldn't have said it better myself, thanks press sheet) like Ayat's "Six Years Of Dormant Hatred" to accompany you, a boring Sunday afternoon suddenly into a bloody massacre. Lovely.

The essence of this album is pure ugliness. Literally everything on this album is ugly, deformed, twisted or vitriolic in one way or another. 'Reverend Filthy Fuck's vocal work ranges from insane screeches to evil screams, from vomiting to other indescribable, absurd sounds. The obvious punk undertones in both the guitar and bass are often the driving force over which said Reverend can spit his blasphemy. Plus, they've found that thin line between depravity and catchiness.

I've kept this review short and to the point to illustrate the essence of this album. "Six Years Of Dormant Hatred" is something for the fans of Carpathian Forest and Nattefrost, Beherit and early Anaal Nathrakh. In general, this is for everyone that likes his Black metal hateful, raw, dirty and a 100% in your face. 'Originality? What the fuck's that?? Can we kill it?!?!?"

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 7
Originality: 6
Production: 7

Written on 07.02.2009 by If you're interested in extreme, often emotional and underground music, check out my reviews. I retired from reviewing, but I really used to be into that stuff.

Comments

Comments: 17   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 154 users
07.02.2009 - 20:10
Damnated
Churchburner
This definitely stirred up my interest, and i even downloaded the album, but led zeppelin got in the way so i'll put this on later.
btw, i read somewhere that the band name is in hebrew; do you know if they are actually jewsih or just some pissed off muslims?
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
07.02.2009 - 20:14
Rating: 7
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by Damnated on 07.02.2009 at 20:10

This definitely stirred up my interest, and i even downloaded the album, but led zeppelin got in the way so i'll put this on later.
btw, i read somewhere that the band name is in hebrew; do you know if they are actually jewsih or just some pissed off muslims?

No idea, unfortunately. Moribund didn't include any information besides what is easily available on the net.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
07.02.2009 - 21:12
Sunioj

Doesn't sound like a hebrew name, its arabic. Their MA archive says that they are from Lebanon. I lol'd at 'Alahiya Khinzir', I never dreamed of seeing a song title like that in metal, its about time hahahahaha.

Gonna check this out too.
07.02.2009 - 22:05
Fat & Sassy!

I like this review. Very "to the point".
08.02.2009 - 01:08
Muhannad Saleh
www.jorzine.com
I know the band and i hate the band they are just a group of fools nothing more nothing less am even shocked that they are reviewed here in metal storm not just them any band who are anti religion but thats my issue not yours i think they are a sell out without even getting started becuase their lyrics has no meaning or point and they are making it harder for us the metalheads and the bands in middle east to solve our problems by doing an unneeded attacks to religion as for their music i didnt even care to listen to them anyway they are Muslims as i understood from talking to some of their friends and fans .
at Lucas thanks so much for supporting the middle eastern metal music but there is many more bands who deserve this support more than those if you wish i can give you a lot of recommendations
and ayat its an arabic word which refer to the words in the holy Qura'an
08.02.2009 - 02:04
Sunioj

Written by Muhannad Saleh on 08.02.2009 at 01:08

I know the band and i hate the band they are just a group of fools nothing more nothing less am even shocked that they are reviewed here in metal storm not just them any band who are anti religion but thats my issue not yours i think they are a sell out without even getting started becuase their lyrics has no meaning or point and they are making it harder for us the metalheads and the bands in middle east to solve our problems by doing an unneeded attacks to religion as for their music i didnt even care to listen to them anyway they are Muslims as i understood from talking to some of their friends and fans .
at Lucas thanks so much for supporting the middle eastern metal music but there is many more bands who deserve this support more than those if you wish i can give you a lot of recommendations

I think the exact opposite. I think more middle eastern should stop focusing on being politically correct and show just what they think about their surroundings. Things that are so prevailent and oppressive in our region such as religion and fundamentalism definitely need to be rebelled against. I'm sick and tired of middle eastern metal bands being scared of stepping on peoples toes when it comes to expressing their ideals.

Yes, its easy for people to look at a certain band and say "Oh, they are just being anti religious for the sake of it, fucking posers", but its bands like these that make people question our environment, especially in our region. If the fundamentalists don't like it, that is their own problem.

Cheers.
08.02.2009 - 16:46
Magatouve
Account deleted
Written by Sunioj on 08.02.2009 at 02:04

Written by Muhannad Saleh on 08.02.2009 at 01:08

I think the exact opposite. I think more middle eastern should stop focusing on being politically correct and show just what they think about their surroundings. Things that are so prevailent and oppressive in our region such as religion and fundamentalism definitely need to be rebelled against. I'm sick and tired of middle eastern metal bands being scared of stepping on peoples toes when it comes to expressing their ideals.

Yes, its easy for people to look at a certain band and say "Oh, they are just being anti religious for the sake of it, fucking posers", but its bands like these that make people question our environment, especially in our region. If the fundamentalists don't like it, that is their own problem.

Cheers.

It's interesting when you go and have a look at bands coming from the Middle-East in Metal-Archives.com you find almost half of them to be black metal bands with stupid anti-religious songs. I love it when bands like Motorhead, Slayer, Black Sabbath, Kreator, Behemoth, etc. make anti-religious songs. But to find somebody who calls himself "Filthy Fuck" involved in 3 or 4 bands doing crap black metal (if it can be called metal at all) and just combining swear and curse words with words about religious. This is not metal and not music at all. Black metal blasphemous and extreme characteristics attract lots of posers in the Middle-East. Cursing something is miles away from criticising it.
08.02.2009 - 18:01
Sunioj

Written by Guest on 08.02.2009 at 16:46

It's interesting when you go and have a look at bands coming from the Middle-East in Metal-Archives.com you find almost half of them to be black metal bands with stupid anti-religious songs. I love it when bands like Motorhead, Slayer, Black Sabbath, Kreator, Behemoth, etc. make anti-religious songs.

But to find somebody who calls himself "Filthy Fuck" involved in 3 or 4 bands doing crap black metal (if it can be called metal at all) and just combining swear and curse words with words about religious. This is not metal and not music at all. Black metal blasphemous and extreme characteristics attract lots of posers in the Middle-East. Cursing something is miles away from criticising it.

I don't really get your logic. So its fine when a non-black metal band has anti religious themes but a when a black metal band does it, they are "black metal bands with stupid anti-religious songs"? Are you just annoyed at cliches or what? And if so, listing Kreator, Behemoth, and Slayer doesn't hold much weight to your premise.

Secondly, who are you to define what is metal and what is music? I wasn't questioning the fact that this band can be a group of posers. My point is that in principle, its nice to hear a blatantly anti-religious band from an arabic country get some attention outside of their niche. I actually find the aesthetics of this band to be utterly hilarious. But if they manage to piss off some fundamentalists, then they are doing a good job imo. Especially in religiously oppressive countries. Ok, maybe its not as bad in Lebanon, I wouldn't know. But its definitely a lot WORSE in other countries.

Thirdly, I don't know how it is in other middle east countries, but if you want to talk about posers, nothing makes me more irate then some israeli band using anti-xian imagery to show how cult and rebellious they are, when you know that they wouldn't for a second even dare have anti-islamic, anti-zionist, or anti-judaism themes. To me that is the epitome of dickless posers. Thats why Melechesh will always have the biggest balls when it comes to middle east bands IMO.
08.02.2009 - 18:38
Magatouve
Account deleted
Written by Sunioj on 08.02.2009 at 18:01

Written by Guest on 08.02.2009 at 16:46

It's interesting when you go and have a look at bands coming from the Middle-East in Metal-Archives.com you find almost half of them to be black metal bands with stupid anti-religious songs. I love it when bands like Motorhead, Slayer, Black Sabbath, Kreator, Behemoth, etc. make anti-religious songs.

But to find somebody who calls himself "Filthy Fuck" involved in 3 or 4 bands doing crap black metal (if it can be called metal at all) and just combining swear and curse words with words about religious. This is not metal and not music at all. Black metal blasphemous and extreme characteristics attract lots of posers in the Middle-East. Cursing something is miles away from criticising it.

I don't really get your logic. So its fine when a non-black metal band has anti religious themes but a when a black metal band does it, they are "black metal bands with stupid anti-religious songs"? Are you just annoyed at cliches or what? And if so, listing Kreator, Behemoth, and Slayer doesn't hold much weight to your premise.

Secondly, who are you to define what is metal and what is music? I wasn't questioning the fact that this band can be a group of posers. My point is that in principle, its nice to hear a blatantly anti-religious band from an arabic country get some attention outside of their niche. I actually find the aesthetics of this band to be utterly hilarious. But if they manage to piss off some fundamentalists, then they are doing a good job imo. Especially in religiously oppressive countries. Ok, maybe its not as bad in Lebanon, I wouldn't know. But its definitely a lot WORSE in other countries.

Thirdly, I don't know how it is in other middle east countries, but if you want to talk about posers, nothing makes me more irate then some israeli band using anti-xian imagery to show how cult and rebellious they are, when you know that they wouldn't for a second even dare have anti-islamic, anti-zionist, or anti-judaism themes. To me that is the epitome of dickless posers. Thats why Melechesh will always have the biggest balls when it comes to middle east bands IMO.

Obviously you didn't get my point. I didn't say anything against black metal. There are many good black metal bands that sing against religion. It just happened that the examples I mentioned do not include any black metal band. But to be fair, I like Rotting Christ and some of Dimmu Borgir's songs. They both have anti-religious songs. However, the extreme image of black metal attracts many people who are posers. You say "Who I'm to say this metal and this is not". I'm a metal fan (I've been into metal for more than 10 years) and I have the right to express my opinion about metal bands that I find and I wait for no one to give me permission to do so.
At the end, almost all of these bands that I talked about in the middle-east which claims to be black metal didn't prove themselves at all. In my country in Syria I saw several kids who just wanted to show off by doing this "blasphemous black metal". Look at any metal website, you will notice that black metal bands constitute maybe no more than 10 percent at best of the metal bands there. But curiously, in the middle-east half of the metal bands are black metal! Why? Is it because black metal is the most popular metal style here or the one which is best expressing how metal fans feel there. It's just an extreme image that sells easily. There might be good black metal bands (and Melechesh is definitely one of them and one of my favourites) in the middle-east, but most of them they are stupid! If you find them to be very artistic and creative, then this is your taste. For me I despise them and I prefer Immortal, Rotting Christ, Enslaved, Emperor, etc.
08.02.2009 - 18:57
Muhannad Saleh
www.jorzine.com
Well i dont know how many of you been in middle east or know about islam but since i am a Muslim and also i live and work along among the middle east metal scene please let me explain to you what i Think happened here
does ayat believe of their lyrics ? NO!! because they are Muslims so if they hated islam that much why the hell they are still Muslims ?!! thats why i labeled them as a sell out from the start to me any band who dont believe in their lyrics are a sell out
as for the anti religion in general i dont like it or respect why?? because religions are not a small or simple thing for us to judge we either to believe in it or not we may criticizing it from our point of view but we SHould never insult something we dont understand or disrespect religions

why did Ayat write such a lyrics if they didnt belive in it ?!! i think there is 2 reasons
1- because they wat to sell more and thats why most of the bands those days do such a thing
2- because in Lebanon happened alot of wars that mainly caused by groups fighting to rule such as 7ezeb Allah and many others and those groups used relgion as a tool ,weapon to gain more people to join them and support them and because of that alot thinks that religion is the reason for wars and start insulting it without even knowing what the hell they are talking about while in fact its US who cause war not religions or anything else
if you want to know more about metal in middle east just go to www.jorzine.com and read a book called Heavy metal islam and if you have any question just send me a message
08.02.2009 - 19:15
Sunioj

Written by Guest on 08.02.2009 at 18:38

Obviously you didn't get my point. I didn't say anything against black metal. There are many good black metal bands that sing against religion. It just happened that the examples I mentioned do not include any black metal band. But to be fair, I like Rotting Christ and some of Dimmu Borgir's songs. They both have anti-religious songs.

However, the extreme image of black metal attracts many people who are posers. You say "Who I'm to say this metal and this is not". I'm a metal fan (I've been into metal for more than 10 years) and I have the right to express my opinion about metal bands that I find and I wait for no one to give me permission to do so.

At the end, almost all of these bands that I talked about in the middle-east which claims to be black metal didn't prove themselves at all. In my country in Syria I saw several kids who just wanted to show off by doing this "blasphemous black metal". Look at any metal website, you will notice that black metal bands constitute maybe no more than 10 percent at best of the metal bands there. But curiously, in the middle-east half of the metal bands are black metal!

Why? Is it because black metal is the most popular metal style here or the one which is best expressing how metal fans feel there. It's just an extreme image that sells easily. There might be good black metal bands (and Melechesh is definitely one of them and one of my favourites) in the middle-east, but most of them they are stupid! If you find them to be very artistic and creative, then this is your taste. For me I despise them and I prefer Immortal, Rotting Christ, Enslaved, Emperor, etc.

I agree with you. The extreme image does attract posers, but as I said, deriding posers is not my interest. Its the fact this band is blatantly anti-religious and from an arabic country that gives me the props for them. I rarely, and I emphasize, RARELY do I hear of bands from arabic countries that are this explicit.

I also do not know where you draw your statistics from, in terms of middle east-metal band to black metal genre ratio. If its MA, then kudos to you for sorting through all those bands to draw that conclusion. From what I've seen and heard being in Israel, most of the middle east bands I've encountred seem to be groove, metalcore, some death metal, folk and progressive. The black metal bands seem to play it safe by not using anti-religious imagery.

In terms of it being popular, I have seen some rise of it within the last two years or so. But not substantially at all. But I don't find it hard to believe that a bloke living in a town where he can't drink alcohol on the street, seens a mosque or church every block wouldn't be attracted to the aesthetic of black metal. I don't really see it as a bad thing either, because their love for black metal can be a release for all the tension they hold for all the crap around them. I would know because I felt just like that all the time.

I think our main difference is that you see bands like this as redundant. But as I said, I think the sole fact that they are from an arabic country and anti-religious is a good thing in itself. Regardless if whether they are posers or not, or if their music sucks. I'd get killed in my town if someone knew that I released music like this. And I'm not joking either.
08.02.2009 - 19:32
Sunioj

Written by Muhannad Saleh on 08.02.2009 at 18:57

Well i dont know how many of you been in middle east or know about islam but since i am a Muslim and also i live and work along among the middle east metal scene please let me explain to you what i Think happened here
does ayat believe of their lyrics ? NO!! because they are Muslims so if they hated islam that much why the hell they are still Muslims ?!! thats why i labeled them as a sell out from the start to me any band who dont believe in their lyrics are a sell out
as for the anti religion in general i dont like it or respect why?? because religions are not a small or simple thing for us to judge we either to believe in it or not we may criticizing it from our point of view but we SHould never insult something we dont understand or disrespect religions

why did Ayat write such a lyrics if they didnt belive in it ?!! i think there is 2 reasons
1- because they wat to sell more and thats why most of the bands those days do such a thing
2- because in Lebanon happened alot of wars that mainly caused by groups fighting to rule such as 7ezeb Allah and many others and those groups used relgion as a tool ,weapon to gain more people to join them and support them and because of that alot thinks that religion is the reason for wars and start insulting it without even knowing what the hell they are talking about while in fact its US who cause war not religions or anything else
if you want to know more about metal in middle east just go to www.jorzine.com and read a book called Heavy metal islam and if you have any question just send me a message

Read the above posts about the issue with them being posers or not if you want to understand where I am coming from. Whether or not I think religion causes war or not, that is an issue for another thread so I won't give my opinion about that here.
09.02.2009 - 01:50
Magatouve
Account deleted
Written by Sunioj on 08.02.2009 at 19:15

Written by Guest on 08.02.2009 at 18:38

Obviously you didn't get my point. I didn't say anything against black metal. There are many good black metal bands that sing against religion. It just happened that the examples I mentioned do not include any black metal band. But to be fair, I like Rotting Christ and some of Dimmu Borgir's songs. They both have anti-religious songs.

However, the extreme image of black metal attracts many people who are posers. You say "Who I'm to say this metal and this is not". I'm a metal fan (I've been into metal for more than 10 years) and I have the right to express my opinion about metal bands that I find and I wait for no one to give me permission to do so.

At the end, almost all of these bands that I talked about in the middle-east which claims to be black metal didn't prove themselves at all. In my country in Syria I saw several kids who just wanted to show off by doing this "blasphemous black metal". Look at any metal website, you will notice that black metal bands constitute maybe no more than 10 percent at best of the metal bands there. But curiously, in the middle-east half of the metal bands are black metal!

Why? Is it because black metal is the most popular metal style here or the one which is best expressing how metal fans feel there. It's just an extreme image that sells easily. There might be good black metal bands (and Melechesh is definitely one of them and one of my favourites) in the middle-east, but most of them they are stupid! If you find them to be very artistic and creative, then this is your taste. For me I despise them and I prefer Immortal, Rotting Christ, Enslaved, Emperor, etc.

I agree with you. The extreme image does attract posers, but as I said, deriding posers is not my interest. Its the fact this band is blatantly anti-religious and from an arabic country that gives me the props for them. I rarely, and I emphasize, RARELY do I hear of bands from arabic countries that are this explicit.

I also do not know where you draw your statistics from, in terms of middle east-metal band to black metal genre ratio. If its MA, then kudos to you for sorting through all those bands to draw that conclusion. From what I've seen and heard being in Israel, most of the middle east bands I've encountred seem to be groove, metalcore, some death metal, folk and progressive. The black metal bands seem to play it safe by not using anti-religious imagery.

In terms of it being popular, I have seen some rise of it within the last two years or so. But not substantially at all. But I don't find it hard to believe that a bloke living in a town where he can't drink alcohol on the street, seens a mosque or church every block wouldn't be attracted to the aesthetic of black metal. I don't really see it as a bad thing either, because their love for black metal can be a release for all the tension they hold for all the crap around them. I would know because I felt just like that all the time.

I think our main difference is that you see bands like this as redundant. But as I said, I think the sole fact that they are from an arabic country and anti-religious is a good thing in itself. Regardless if whether they are posers or not, or if their music sucks. I'd get killed in my town if someone knew that I released music like this. And I'm not joking either.

I guess our views are not so different from each other. It's just that each one of us is focusing on one aspect: me on the music itself and its originality and you on the fact that these bands are going beyond any religious taboo in the Middle-East.

Regarding statistics, if you go to Metal-Archives you would see for example that there are 23 bands from Lebanon of which 11 bands is black metal which is a great proportion taking into consideration that black metal in most other parts of the world accounts for much less than 50% of metal bands! Also in Egypt you have 11 black metal bands out of 20. In Tunisia there are 5 black metal bands out of 14. Most of these bands are merely short-lived projects that never manage to release more than a couple of demos at best. Most of the bands in the Middle-East who produced some decent stuff plays death or heavy metal (Litham from Algeria, The Hourglass from Syria, Nar-Jahannam from Bahrain are some examples.) I don't find anything particularly interesting about them cursing god and religion but for you it's different! That's life
19.02.2009 - 22:44
TheBigRossowski

All the debate aside, this is some ugly music. Don't know if that's good or not yet...haven't listened to the whole thing. That Filthy Fuck guy sure sounds like a dick though.

Parts of Fornication and Murder remind me of Amen or some band like that, haha.

And a band COULD be from anywhere in the world and still be anti-religion. It's only the fact that in some places it's more or less taboo.

-El Duderino
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
24.02.2009 - 19:43
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
Written by Sunioj on 08.02.2009 at 02:04

Cheers.

I concur with you. It can even provoke a social movement, IMO. The word "blasphemy" has lost its meaning in west long ago but not here, Indeed.
We're surrounded by taboos and holy beliefs so even being "Anti religion only for the sake of it" and even with stupid lyrics full of sacrilege just to piss off some dick-head muslims, is absolutely awesome.
The harder masses stick to their fundamental beliefs the easier they will be ruled by dictator governers who use religion as the best tool for controling a nation...
Here, Police arrests people only if they participate in a small gathering in which some local underground Rock/Rap bands are performing, let alone if an explicitly anti-Islamic Black Metal band gains popularity...
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
27.06.2012 - 23:39
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Sunioj on 07.02.2009 at 21:12

Doesn't sound like a hebrew name, its arabic. Their MA archive says that they are from Lebanon. I lol'd at 'Alahiya Khinzir', I never dreamed of seeing a song title like that in metal, its about time hahahahaha.

Old question but... what does 'Alahiya Khinzir' mean?
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
23.07.2013 - 07:24
JD
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 27.06.2012 at 23:39

Written by Sunioj on 07.02.2009 at 21:12

Old question but... what does 'Alahiya Khinzir' mean?

It means "my god is pig" or "god is a pig".

Hits total: 4889 | This month: 5