Metal Storm logo
Pelican - New Label, New EP

Pelican have issued the following update on their MySpace:

"The news is true, over the weekend we met up with Greg Anderson of Southern Lord Records over a round of espressos and signed a recording contract to do our next few records with his label. We couldn't be more excited- the label is home to some good friends and amazing bands: Boris, Earth, Sunn O))), Wolves In The Throne Room, Burning Witch... I could seriously go on all day. Please don't get the wrong impression, Hydrahead are still our friends and family. But after 6 years, 3 full-lengths, 3 eps, 2 dvds, and a large handful of limited releases we felt like we needed a change of scenery, a chance to try some different waters. In others words, we are the same old Pelican just doing records on a new label.

While we were in Seattle we headed into Red Room Studios with our buddy Chris Common (These Arms Are Snakes) to record 3 new songs to be released as an EP on Southern Lord sometime around May or June. The record will feature two new songs "Embedding The Moss" and "Ephemeral" which we debuted on our last tour, as well as our first ever cover song. In the interest of sparking wild speculation we will divulge neither the cover we tackled nor the guest guitarist whose contributions to the track were indispensable. More info coming soon... Also, many thanks to our buddy Ben Verellen for lending us the amplifiers for the session... everyone should check out his company Verellen Amplifiers - simply the heaviest tones we have ever heard come out of a speaker. We're almost finished with the writing for our new record and will be heading into the studio to record our new full length sometime in early summer. Again, Chris will be manning the boards as the results of this last recording session were fantabulous (I can't believe spellcheck doesn't have a problem with that word).

We'll be heading out for a brief three week stint of shows down to SXSW then up the west coast (in part to make up for our east coast centric Champions of Sound tour from this past Fall) in mid-March. Joining us will be Wolves In The Throne Room and Tombs. Please see tour dates section for more info. There's a whole lot of other stuff in the works, but maybe it's best to save that for another post some other day."

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Pelican
Posted: 10.02.2009 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 78 users
10.02.2009 - 19:03
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
That tour with Wolves in the Throne Room sounds interesting if they stop in Seattle (doubtful) I just hope its not 21+ again if they do show up...
----
Coldgrits
10.02.2009 - 19:08
Elio
Red Nightmare
New EP? Interesting
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
10.02.2009 - 20:26
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Me wants
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
11.02.2009 - 00:48
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Good stuff, it's nice to see they're back on track after getting robbed in Italy, and shit a cover song ? does this mean vocals
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
11.02.2009 - 08:21
Talvi

Awesome news!
----
My account on other musical pages:
http://www.last.fm/user/Pozito/
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Talvi
12.02.2009 - 04:33
Symmachus

This is awesome. They're signed to Southern Lord Records. I love that label, in spite of its name.
12.02.2009 - 08:21
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Visioneerie on 11.02.2009 at 00:48

Good stuff, it's nice to see they're back on track after getting robbed in Italy

My thoughts exactly. I don't if I'm all that excited about the new record, but I'll probably check it out regardless.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin

Hits total: 3477 | This month: 5