Metal Storm logo
Suspyre

12.02.2009 - 00:09
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Havent seen any threads on these dudes yet and saw they've only received 3 votes so far for their latest album "When time fades".

So I thought id start a thread, maybe get some more people to check them out or just hear your opinions about this bands from the US. I got the album a couple of weeks ago and didnt like it at all, really incoherent with strange robotic sounds and use of saxophone in their songs - listened to the album once and i was like "what the fuck was that?!"

But as it goes, Uni started a while ago and I decided to pop it in one morning on my way there which allows me pretty much a good amount of time to give it a spin as my drive there is about exactly as long as the 76minute album.

And suddenly it just clicked....the mind-bending was replaced by a better understanding of what they were doing and I felt I discovered a little gem! There are obvious comparisons to Symphony X and Tream Theatre, especially the vocals which sound very similar to that of Russel Allen of Symph X. Seriously enjoyable and layered album, pretty complex and difficult to get into at first (well it was for me) with the sax and violin solos adding a bit more spice to the already spiced-up album. Awesome vocals as I said, fantastic epic chorusses as good as Ive heard from Symph X, interplay between guitars and other instruments done very effectively and drumming just about as good as Ive heard in the past year from any Prog band.

So what do you guys think? Anyone check the album out yet? Like it/ dont like it? lets discuss...

V
12.02.2009 - 11:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Quate interesting band, because I never hear about this one before, and belive me wont hear again since there to many bands out
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing