Metal Storm logo
Amesoeurs

12.02.2009 - 09:21
mortjoyeux

Great black metal band with shoegaze elements from France.

Members include Neige (Alcest), Winterhalter (Peste Noire), Fursy Teyssier (Phest), and Audrey Sylvain.

This is pretty similar to Neige's other projects like Alcest, although there is the black metal riffs alongside some raw vocals. Really good music to relax yet let out some steam.
Great band for anyone who's a fan of Neige and his work.

http://www.myspace.com/amesoeurs
12.02.2009 - 11:03
ForeverDarkWoods

This band is quite interesting. They actually succeed to do stuff that other bands (namely Lifelover, which is a disgrace to black metal) have failed miserably in doing. I also think the concept of talking about the grim, brooding darkness of the urban landscapes with their high, decaying factory buildings that keep the sun from shining down on the streets is a lot more interesting than most bands that just sing about their grimtroo winterdark medieval forests. I'd also say that this band is a lot more metal than Alcest.

It's a shame they've released so little material, but there's gonna be a new full length out in March, which is gonna be interesting. The cover art is already awesome. Hope it sounds a lot like the EP and the split with that weird Valfunde band with Famine (from Peste Noire).
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
12.02.2009 - 11:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Just listen it, realy dont hear anything specal into this band, France alrday has Alcast who's awesome band, so here no need for new bands
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
12.02.2009 - 11:47
ForeverDarkWoods

Written by Bad English on 12.02.2009 at 11:39

Just listen it, realy dont hear anything specal into this band, France alrday has Alcast who's awesome band, so here no need for new bands

Alcest aren't even metal anymore though. The music's changed a lot.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
12.02.2009 - 12:02
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Amesoeurs are nice but my least favourite Neige related project along with Peste Noire. Alcest and Mortifera are much more to my taste. I'll certainly be interested in hearing the full-length though when it comes out though.
12.02.2009 - 12:27
Damnated
Churchburner
Great music indeed, but 3 songs is just not enough. then again, with the new stuff coming along, i don't think i'm ready. i mean there is a reason we haven't seen anything of Amesoeurs for 3 years. maybe Neige has no idea how to continue this. he couldn't continue Alcest in the same direction either..

anyways, for fans of this band i recommend some of the french screamo scene. surprisingly similar musical world.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
12.02.2009 - 12:31
ForeverDarkWoods

Written by Damnated on 12.02.2009 at 12:27

Great music indeed, but 3 songs is just not enough. then again, with the new stuff coming along, i don't think i'm ready. i mean there is a reason we haven't seen anything of Amesoeurs for 3 years. maybe Neige has no idea how to continue this. he couldn't continue Alcest in the same direction either..

anyways, for fans of this band i recommend some of the french screamo scene. surprisingly similar musical world.

There is a 2007 release (the split with Valfunde containing one new song which will also be on the album), and he could very possibly have been spending the 1,5 years since then writing this. The last Amesoeurs release wasn't the EP it was the split that came along in November 2007.
----
12.02.2009 - 13:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 12.02.2009 at 11:47

Written by Bad English on 12.02.2009 at 11:39

Alcest aren't even metal anymore though. The music's changed a lot.

But still Alcest give me better fealings and put emeotions into music like this band
Its like red wine for joy or red wine for gettin' drunk
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
12.02.2009 - 18:54
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 12.02.2009 at 12:31

There is a 2007 release (the split with Valfunde containing one new song which will also be on the album), and he could very possibly have been spending the 1,5 years since then writing this. The last Amesoeurs release wasn't the EP it was the split that came along in November 2007.

that split is hardly worth mentioning tbh.
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
12.02.2009 - 19:44
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent

About the french screamo scene i only heard the debut from Celeste and it was outstanding. Do you know them?

About Amesoeurs, i haven't listened their EP for ages but now with the new album i might get interested in their music again.
12.02.2009 - 21:03
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Unconsecrated on 12.02.2009 at 19:44

About the french screamo scene i only heard the debut from Celeste and it was outstanding. Do you know them?

yes, Celeste was one of the bands i was talking about. if you like Celeste check out Mihai Edrisch, the members' first band too.
----

12.02.2009 - 22:10
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
Written by Damnated on 12.02.2009 at 21:03

Written by Unconsecrated on 12.02.2009 at 19:44

yes, Celeste was one of the bands i was talking about. if you like Celeste check out Mihai Edrisch, the members' first band too.

wow, thanks a lot! I'm listening to them right now and it's pretty good although i prefer the more darker sound of Celeste.
13.02.2009 - 00:11
Krankheit
Account deleted
Was impressed by their EP. Just listening to the preview track on their myspace. Looking forward.
14.02.2009 - 12:42
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Amesoeurs never really did it for me. I even forgot I own that split. I probably bought it in a final attempt to make the band 'click' for me, but it failed. Oh well.

I'll quite probably check out the new release anyway.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
15.02.2009 - 01:46
mortjoyeux

I dunno I just connect with this band/this kind of music really well, be it the music or the fact that I can understand the lyrics without looking them up.
I just find them amazingly relaxing, the riffs are simple and fun to re-create.
15.02.2009 - 04:01
Damnated
Churchburner
Anyone familiar with Lantlôs? has the same atmosphere as Amesoeurs, but the band is german. sometimes more interesting than Amesoeurs tbh. fans should definitely check it out, they released their debut last year. it was really overlooked tbh.
----

15.02.2009 - 06:54
mortjoyeux

Just checked them out.
You're right about the atmosphere they create and how it's similar to Amesoeurs. Dunno if I'm a fan of the vocals though, doesn't seem to click with the music in my eyes.
20.02.2009 - 16:55
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I don't see how Lantlôs sound anything like Amesoeurs to be honest. Fen (see: The Malediction Fields) sound more like Amesoeurs than they do.
14.03.2009 - 04:47
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
New album has leaked.
22.03.2009 - 11:47
mortjoyeux

Your thoughts on it?

I think it's absolutely amazing...the vocals, melodies , riffs, everything just falls into place.
Pretty disappointed that this is their first and only album.
22.03.2009 - 13:39
Sunioj

New album is great - the dense atmosphere, the melancholic riffs, everything is just great. I find it really relaxing music, I even had this album playing on repeat when I got a 2 hour massage the other day : D
22.03.2009 - 14:41
Eternal Flames

The new album is very good indeed. I wasn't expecting a great release, but this one has really taken me by surprise. It's very relaxing music and highly enjoyable.

It's a shame it's their last, but at least they've ended it on a good note.
22.03.2009 - 23:38
Galar
Wicked Mung
Amazing Amazing amazing amazing release(Amesoeurs, the title album). Been listening to it non-stop since I downloaded it(don't worry, will eventually buy it)
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK
27.03.2009 - 02:59
FOOCK Nam

I got the Ruines Humanies, to say the truth I dont like it that much. Hope their newest would work for me.
29.03.2009 - 07:02
mortjoyeux

I liked the s/t more than that ep.
06.06.2009 - 04:16
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Someone was harsh on the album rating for their s/t...
Don't think it really deserves a 1 even if it is not one's cup of tea. At least the performance is good
----
loves 小巫
08.06.2009 - 16:19
Vakshay
Account deleted
Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 12.02.2009 at 11:03

This band is quite interesting. They actually succeed to do stuff that other bands (namely Lifelover, which is a disgrace to black metal) have failed miserably in doing.

Seriously? Lifelover is probably my favourite band of modern black metal (if they could be called that), and pull off the 'urban' vibe a lot better than Amesoeurs in my opinion. Not to say that Amesoeurs aren't good, they are, but Lifelover do it better.

Need to get the new album.
08.06.2009 - 21:50
ForeverDarkWoods

Written by Guest on 08.06.2009 at 16:19

This band is quite interesting. They actually succeed to do stuff that other bands (namely Lifelover, which is a disgrace to black metal) have failed miserably in doing.

Seriously? Lifelover is probably my favourite band of modern black metal (if they could be called that), and pull off the 'urban' vibe a lot better than Amesoeurs in my opinion. Not to say that Amesoeurs aren't good, they are, but Lifelover do it better.

I'd say that much of my contempt for Lifelover comes from the fact that I understand Swedish, and therefore I realize how pretentious, cheesy, corny and lame they actually are.

I could perhaps see how they could be slightly enjoyable if one didn't understand Swedish. Since I do, it's very hard for me to take them seriously.

Amesoeurs might also be cheesy as hell, but I don't understand a word of French so it doesn't bother me in the same way.
----
09.06.2009 - 04:25
Vakshay
Account deleted
Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 08.06.2009 at 21:50

Written by Guest on 08.06.2009 at 16:19

I'd say that much of my contempt for Lifelover comes from the fact that I understand Swedish, and therefore I realize how pretentious, cheesy, corny and lame they actually are.

I could perhaps see how they could be slightly enjoyable if one didn't understand Swedish. Since I do, it's very hard for me to take them seriously.

Amesoeurs might also be cheesy as hell, but I don't understand a word of French so it doesn't bother me in the same way.

i do see where you're coming from. I've always thought the Swedish sounded great and actually suited the vocal styles pretty well, but the occasional lyric translations I've heard have been pretty cringeworthy.

I also don't really hear the shoegaze influence people have mentioned in regard to Amesoeurs, they seem to have more of a straight out alternative rock feel to them (at times).
09.06.2009 - 22:51
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 08.06.2009 at 21:50

Lol... for me the lyrics are just funny . There are a lot of bands that you don't need to take seriously and Lifelover is one of them imo.
But I see what's your point
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.