Metal Storm logo
Woods Of Infinity

12.02.2009 - 12:27
ForeverDarkWoods
After searching, it seems to me that there's no thread regarding Woods Of Infinity. This is a real shame, considering the uniqueness of this band, and the fact that they IMO are totally fucking genius. They're a black metal band (with a bunch of other influences) from Umeå in Sweden. I can't describe it very good, beut they're so unique you basically need to hear them to understand what they sound like. They do a lot of really unexpected stuff (using lots of weird samples, circus music, doing Barry Manilow covers and shit), and opinions on this band are quite mixed.

It's very hard to stay neutral to this band though, mostly you'll either love them or hate them. Myself I think they're totally fucking genius, and their music gives you a look into a genuinely depraved worldview. They're always doing something interesting with every release, and it seems that every riff in every song or every little weird sample is there for a reason, just to find a way to express their perverted, demented and mildly speaking different world view. I think they're really good, what do you think?

Also, I just ask that if you're gonna discuss the members sexual preferences (the members are pedophiles) you should at least put some kind of thought about it and not just resort to calling them names (I'm not gonna tell you not to but at least be a little mature about it)...... If you've got nothing better to add to the subject than "OMG they want to molest children!!!" then you should perhaps not post, since too many of these will make the discussion drift away from the music very quickly.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
12.02.2009 - 13:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Good band, werry ood quality, damn band has to many realises if we trow out demos and left studio albums its awesome band, realuy awsome,
4 studio albums is awsome, realy awsome , I like atmosfere there. people say in Sweden are Dark Funeral and Marduk, but those bands suck dick more how others , this band kick ass more how those
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
12.02.2009 - 13:55
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 12.02.2009 at 12:27

the members are pedophiles

I'm pretty sure it's all a joke. I've never seen translated lyrics though.

I haven't heard all of their stuff but Forintelse and Libido is all I want. Before that they were kind of boring and darkthroney. Hejda didn't excite me that much. Kind of like a toned down F&L. Ljuset was pretty cool but I could never listen all the way through.

The track on the split with Joyless is in the new style but is fantastic. They're not that consistently good though.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
12.02.2009 - 14:13
ForeverDarkWoods
Written by -tom- on 12.02.2009 at 13:55

Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 12.02.2009 at 12:27

the members are pedophiles

I'm pretty sure it's all a joke. I've never seen translated lyrics though.

I haven't heard all of their stuff but Forintelse and Libido is all I want. Before that they were kind of boring and darkthroney. Hejda didn't excite me that much. Kind of like a toned down F&L. Ljuset was pretty cool but I could never listen all the way through.

The track on the split with Joyless is in the new style but is fantastic. They're not that consistently good though.

I don't know if they have actually engaged in sexual intercourse with kids in real life, but they definitely sing about it and have described some of their fantasies in various interviews. And since a lot of people I've talked to (especially female metalheads according to my personal experience) have made it their favourite hobby to claim that they actually rape kids and therefore start shit up whenever Woods Of Infinity is mentioned. I mentioned it to avoid this thread turning into a shitfest basically (can't be sure if there are any such people on here who's just gonna start shit), and I'm not really sure it isn't actually just a publicity stunt myself...

Myself, I think I like Förintelse Och Libido and Hejdå the best, even if Ljuset and Hamptjärn were also very good. You're right about Hejdå seeming a bit toned down with the weird shit and more regular bm though. Doesn't make it much less enjoyable to me though. They usually get better as they turn up the amount of weird stuff though.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
12.07.2009 - 12:24
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
Woods Of Infinity... I've heard their stuff a couple of times before, but could never get into it. A shame I always thought, cause there's plenty of praise for them usually (among the people that know them). So I ordered a couple of albums, more specifically Hejdå, Ljuset and Hopplös Väntan. We'll see.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
12.07.2009 - 23:22
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
I know you're not supposed to post download links but this album is sold out everwhere so makes no difference in this instance:

F&L

Listen to that. Fuck the rest. I've heard samples of the last album now as well and they seem pretty crap. Shame.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
12.07.2009 - 23:43
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
Sold out or not, I edited it out.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
13.07.2009 - 01:51
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
Why? So people can support the band by paying $40 on ebay?
----

Read Watchmen.
13.07.2009 - 02:44
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
Written by -tom- on 13.07.2009 at 01:51

Why? So people can support the band by paying $40 on ebay?

No, because our policy doesn't allow posting download links. Besides, if people want to download music, all they do is find their way to Google and your pretty much done. No need to post those links on Metal Storm.
----