05. Erasing
06. Start The process
07. Binary State
08. Mechanization
09. Critical Data
10. Control
11. Evolution
12. Unload

Welcome insignificant human subject. Forget everything you ever knew, have known or will know about modern machinery, mankind and society as we're submerged in today; be prepared for the only real "Evolution". Forget about Deathstars, Samael and most of all Rammstein, prepare for Techny-Call X. Soon you'll be entering the mechanized, futuristic but above all dark world of Techny-Call X where oppressive machinery is gradually taking advantage over humans, enslaving them after a big biomechanical and industrial war the humans somehow lost.

On first sight Techny-Call X looks like a weird band, and while you're eventually totally right about their weird looks, this is still about everything one could look for in an industrial metal band: a ready-made gimmick and concept, an open-minded pose towards electronic music and a sound strongly relying on dark and more aggressive-based metal. For sure the pace is there, mainly set up through some heavy riffing and vigorous drumworks, distinctively characterized and genuinely industrialized through distortion and tremolo. Though the album is too mid-paced and the band too reserved to top the typical wall of sound that we know from Ministry for example, but on certain moments TCX are coming really close. Mark my words, the highly accessible yet dark mix of electro and industrial metal is immensely contagious, and you'll be caught in the dense industrialized web before you even know it.

"Evolution" is only the band's first full-length after a 2006 demo appropriately entitled "Start The Process" (three of the four songs are on this album too), though I think it's safe to say we're having a successful debut on our hands here. While one could label Techny-Call X as being hyper-original, some other might find this really over the top (notice I never used certain words like "cliché" or "cheesy" myself since this is in no way the case). One thing's for sure though, this is a band with attitude bringing straightforward industrial metal that leaves out all the unnecessary nonsense and might appeal to the masses as there's enough room for variation and diversity - something I deem pretty important in this particular genre. The Evolution starts here!

Written by Thryce | 13.02.2009

Comments

Comments: 2   Visited by: 84 users
13.02.2009 - 16:50
Rating: 4
iaberis
Advice Troll
I checked them and they suck! Nothing interesting or special... Really boring album 4/10
----
Bitch! Please
13.02.2009 - 22:32
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
All the opinions on the matter of this album's release in the news awhile back was completely negative. everyone thought they were a Rammstein knockoff. i'll give this a look.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.

Hits total: 5102 | This month: 5