03. We Are Horrible People
04. Tooth Enamel & Concrete
05. The Ripe Beneath The Rind
06. The Product Alive
07. In Axetasy
08. Into The Public Bath
09. The Harvest Floor
10. Regret & The Grave

Cattle Decapitation used to be a very mediocre band, yes I'm just being honest, "Humanure" and "To Serve Man" were the equivalent (in terms of functionality) of your scrotum while having sex, yeah it's fun if you play with it for a while, but what you really want is a lethal dosage of intense penetration and gore?well, you get the idea.

Along comes Death Metal with its groovy riffs and catchy structures, all of a sudden Cattle Decapitation became a very decent act in 2006, but now, with this new album, they are one of the most interesting bands in the scene. I kid you not young padawan; "The Harvest Floor" is the actual intercourse in our primary sex scene, I can't get enough of it, and it gets better with each spin.

Now, many people used to love this band for their sloppy style of Goregrind, too bad for them because the sloppiness is long gone, fortunately for the rest of us they are now a solid and intricate ensemble. And while I don't approve to use the bitch from Swans to add layers and melody (I mean let's face it, we're expecting non-stop growls and gurgles, not a girl singing skillfully) it works with the new formula, it ends up sounding quite fascinating?cheesy for a Death Metal album?but interesting none the less.

So anyway, I highly recommend this piece, it's actually the first album I've heard from 2009 and I'm already smiling. Finally Cattle Decapitation managed to sound heavier and more complex than Animals Killing People, the vocals, the anti-human lyrics, the pro-animal propaganda, the gore?add some naked chicks in there and it could be the perfect album for my taste, but you can't always get what you want right?

Written by Herzebeth | 19.02.2009

Comments

Comments: 36   Visited by: 357 users
19.02.2009 - 20:39
iaberis
Advice Troll
I have to check these niggas, I love their eco style
----
Bitch! Please
19.02.2009 - 20:47
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by iaberis on 19.02.2009 at 20:39

Lol... that's exactly why I don't pay much attention to this guys. The music is nice though, but I would't buy something fro them I think.

But the animal-thing going on is boring as hell... I already know some vegetarian people that annoys the shit out of me... I respect them though... but still. This guys are just that kind of people in my eyes...
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
19.02.2009 - 20:48
iaberis
Advice Troll
Written by X-Ray Rod on 19.02.2009 at 20:47

Written by iaberis on 19.02.2009 at 20:39

Lol... that's exactly why I don't pay much attention to this guys. The music is nice though, but I would't buy something fro them I think.

But the animal-thing going on is boring as hell... I already know some vegetarian people that annoys the shit out of me... I respect them though... but still. This guys are just that kind of people in my eyes...

MEAT IS MURDER!
lol
----
Bitch! Please
19.02.2009 - 20:51
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by iaberis on 19.02.2009 at 20:48

MEAT IS MURDER!
lol

LOL... well, that really maked me laugh.

But not like I'm a meat-lover bastard. And it's ok that people want to give their opinions...
But there's a line between telling about your opinions... and being annoying.
And I had the "pleasure" to meet a lot of those people.
----
Rod, let me love you.
19.02.2009 - 20:53
iaberis
Advice Troll
Written by X-Ray Rod on 19.02.2009 at 20:51

But not like I'm a meat-lover bastard. And it's ok that people want to give their opinions... But there's a line between telling about your opinions... and being annoying.

Seriously, I find their themes much more enjoyable than bands singing about satanism and how evil they are sodomizing each other...
----
Bitch! Please
19.02.2009 - 20:54
Fat & Sassy!
elite
I like the singer from Swans, so I'll definitely check this out. And she's not a bitch... she's just a little moody.:P
19.02.2009 - 21:02
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by iaberis on 19.02.2009 at 20:53

But not like I'm a meat-lover bastard. And it's ok that people want to give their opinions... But there's a line between telling about your opinions... and being annoying.

Seriously, I find their themes much more enjoyable than bands singing about satanism and how evil they are sodomizing each other...

I agree on that ...

A little mor eon topic.. I don't hear Jaboe on the tracks I heard so far... Can someone tell me which ones?
----
Rod, let me love you.
19.02.2009 - 21:45
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
I'd planned to get Karma.Bloody.Karma to start with, but after reading this review, have to check The Harvest Floor first...
to hear:
"A corpse is still a corpse, of course we dine with no remorse"

...And I had the "pleasure" to meet a lot of those people.

Well, Well, Well...Is that so? eh, I guess i'm one of them....
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
19.02.2009 - 21:59
Rating: 6
Elio
Red Nightmare
I agree that they totally sucked in the past, but I think this is an average/almost good album aswell. Brutal Death is not my genre and this is better than the new Cannibal Corpse but still not a 9. My two cents
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
19.02.2009 - 22:05
Herzebeth
You guys come on...don't judge this band for their past albums. For shizzle my nizzle this album is friggin doodening supps and stuff...
----
19.02.2009 - 22:42
Rating: 8
silenius
Im a meat lover, seriously is there anything better than a cold one and a bug fucking well done piece of meat?:D Refreshing and kickass album thou
19.02.2009 - 22:42
silenius
Big dammit BIG*
19.02.2009 - 22:49
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Death metal reviews like these are in other words a plead for me to get out and find a new job, so i can finally buy a new album. A guy from Mexico posting this bad ass review just might do the trick, thanks Herzebeth dude.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
19.02.2009 - 23:23
Sunioj
I actually liked this album quite a bit. The vocals kinda make me lol for some reason, but they fit it.

But.. who gives a shit about their message, its not like you can actually hear what they're singing about. Just don't pay attention to it if you don't like it. The music is quite entertaining.
20.02.2009 - 02:16
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Why the hell are people whining about this band's lyrics? Come on you don't whine about totally stupid lyrics like Cannibal Corpse's.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.02.2009 - 02:34
HardSide
Personally there last albums were not that great, but you never let me down Herz, so ill give them a try.
20.02.2009 - 02:50
-Morbid-
"And while I don't approve to use the bitch from Swans to add layers and melody..."

That made me lol.

I been meaning to check this album out, I liked "A Body Farm" quite a bit, but haven't been able to find it in any shops around here.
20.02.2009 - 07:54
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Interesting way to put Cattle Decap's starting out. good review. i'll probably check it out even though i think Cattle Decap are a buncha PETA nazis.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
20.02.2009 - 07:58
Rating: 10
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I'd say this is one of their best albums, but I like them all, especially the first two EP's.
20.02.2009 - 08:19
Rating: 9
mankvill
This album is crazy. In the best way possible.

My favorite 2009 release so far.
20.02.2009 - 17:34
Herzebeth
Lol...how come everybody hates vegans all of a sudden?

Besides:

a)Their lyrics hardly talk about eating fresh vegetables or tomatoes, their lyrics are actually anti-humanity stuff...nothing about vegan cooking or "don't eat meat" propaganda.

b)Let's say they add a lentils soup recipe in their lyrics...what's the big deal? Their music and the vocals are fucking insane, no matter what they are saying beneath all the gurgles and shit...at least this album is really fucking amazing.
----
20.02.2009 - 23:54
I know a lot of people give this band shit for their vegan viewpoint, and while I am certainly not a vegan (animals are very tasty and good for you in my experience, especially when grilled and enjoyed with a cold beer) I took the time to read the PETA handbook 'Animal Liberation' by Peter Singer and can at least see where they are coming from, and actually agree with some of it. But it's like someone before me said, you can't make out a damn thing they are saying so what difference does it make?

Karma.Bloody.Karma was a nice surprise - I've been listening to The Harvest Floor for a few weeks and it's even better.
21.02.2009 - 00:51
MetalManic
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 20.02.2009 at 02:16

Why the hell are people whining about this band's lyrics? Come on you don't whine about totally stupid lyrics like Cannibal Corpse's.

I second that
04.03.2009 - 05:44
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Written by MetalManic on 21.02.2009 at 00:51

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 20.02.2009 at 02:16

I second that

Agreed.

Well I've been reading many Herzebeth's reviews and I can say that they are great and many times I find myself headbanging with some albums he recommended so I think I'll be checking this album sooner or later but surely I will give it a chance. As always, great review Herz.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
11.04.2009 - 06:52
Gigginova
Account deleted
I'm gonna get this album when I go to the U.S. in acouple days.
I love this band and I love how they're Vegan
18.04.2009 - 11:12
Gigginova
Account deleted
I got it days ago and I'm streaming it now.....it's sort of the same as the last offering....i dunno which one I gove priority to though.
But I like it
13.01.2010 - 20:04
Maxx666
Meshuggahian
Best Grindcore of 2009.hands down.
02.02.2010 - 15:45
Rating: 9
midland_don
Written by Maxx666 on 13.01.2010 at 20:04

Best Grindcore of 2009.hands down.

Yep, I love this. It gets my vote. And totally agree that they were boring before, but this one and 'Karma...' are genius.
16.12.2011 - 05:35
Slinky666
Account deleted
The artwork is intriguing and lyrics are not far off.
15.03.2012 - 16:59
Iskander

Written by iaberis on 19.02.2009 at 20:48

MEAT IS MURDER!
lol

LOL... well, that really maked me laugh.

But not like I'm a meat-lover bastard. And it's ok that people want to give their opinions...
But there's a line between telling about your opinions... and being annoying.
And I had the "pleasure" to meet a lot of those people.

believe me, i've been a vegetarian/vegan for over 12 years now and meateaters are just as annoying most of the time. every time some meateating person learns about my diet, they'll start a debate, either bashing my views or somehow (but not really) agreeing with it. the latter are much worse, to be honest, at least the former aren't hypocrites... allthough i have heard every pro and con argument a thousand times by now, i really don't need to discuss this every few days (especially not with someone who usually hasn't really thought things through. not saying that's the case with everyone who eats meat, but definitely the majority of those i have met).

about the album... i'll admit i first bought it primarily because i agree with their message (in the broad sense... i wouldn't call myself anti-human). what a pleasant surprise when i found out that this stuff is actually worth every penny i spent!

Hits total: 10549 | This month: 17