Metal Storm logo
Tvangeste - Firestorm review

Reviewer:

56 users:
Band: Tvangeste
Album: Firestorm
Release date: September 2003

01. Introduction
02. Raven (Under The Raven's Black Wings)
03. Birth Of The Hero
04. Fire In Our Hearts
05. Perkuno's Flame
06. Godless Freedom
07. Storm
08. Tears (Tears Will Wash Off The Blood From My Sword)

I don's know where, and don's know how and god I'm dying to know why! It just came out of the nowhere! I was one day checking out some bands and stuff and I discovered Tvangeste, after hearing some samples? I was in love, I knew I had to have this album in my hands.

So many of you might be wandering what's the fuzz about Tvangeste and if it's so great why you haven's heard it? First of all I want to say that Tvangeste is THE most best kept secret in the Metal scene, how come this album isn's getting a lot of publicity everywhere? Let's change that!

Ok, so you're wandering and shouting at the screen, How does it sounds??, well, take Cradle Of Filth and Therion with a much 'shroaty? voice, add some female vocals, add the entire Baltic Symphonic Orchestra (!!) and the Prussian Chamber Choir, there you have it a real Firestorm.

Every song here is a piece of art, the intro (properly named ?Introduction?) haunts you with it's mesmerizing violins, when you're wandering in the ancient woods of Prussia, a Raven wakes you up (listen to the album and you?ll know what I'm talking about) ?Under the Raven Black Wings? is up, the combination of the grand orchestration with the aggression of the music and the magnificent Prussian chorus is just too much to sit still while listening to this, you have to stand up, run , headbang ! in ?Perkuno's Flame? I found myself standing in front of my bed directing my own invisible orchestra with a stick in the hand! ?Godless Freedom? has to be one of my favorites tracks on the Cd, the synchrony of the violins with the riffs is astonishing! ?Storm? has one of the darkest intros I ever heard in my life, then evolves in a truly magnificent song, so complex and full of changes that it takes a few listens to assimilate well. The final track isn's the exception, a real killer! The shrieks, the female vocals, the chorus, the violins? that's what Tvangeste is all about.

This is truly a masterpiece, a solid album with Top-notch production, really great package, intelligent concept and excellent musicianship, trust me, there's no possible way that you can go wrong with Tvangeste ?Firestorm?, I just hope that we hear this name more often, this guys can's stay in the shadows of secrecy forever. I you don's believe me, please do yourself a favor and download a song from their website (they?ve been kind enough to put 3 full tracks for download in their website), as a matter of fact, download the songs and post your comments! (in the ?write a comment? link). Tvangeste is the best surprise in the year so far, and you can quote me on that!

Written by Undercraft | 04.10.2003

Comments

Comments: 12   Visited by: 87 users
10.07.2006 - 00:39
Emperor Sidious
Account deleted
trully fucking AMAZING !!!
11.07.2006 - 03:51
Damnated
Churchburner
Awsome album. I really enjoyed this rebirth of sympho black, with those long, epic songs.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
18.03.2007 - 06:38
Bitch Boy

This album is one of my favorites of the BM scene. Amazing performance.
14.04.2007 - 02:54
Rupert

Oh man, I actually found the guy's black metal vocals a bit weak. Not like I can do better, but still. Very good otherwise.
05.02.2008 - 04:19
Rating: 9
Varegan
Hamranakara
best cof black metal album ever. and best Russian album, their vocalist is perfect. but i don't why these songs reminds me one cradle of filth songs which I cant remember its name. there was vilion and cello in it too
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
24.04.2008 - 22:21
Rating: 10
Shadowcross
The Summoner
love this album.. and it truly grows on you. best symphonic black metal i've heard/around

ahha cof, i have to admit too they have a bit of that sound.
27.04.2008 - 20:17
GT
Coffee!!
This is normally not my kind of music at all, but this album is simply amazing! Everything is just great. I like the music, the atmosphere and the vocals.

BTW: Am I the only one who noticed that "Under The Black Raven's Wings" has the same intro as Blind Guardian - Imaginations From The Other Side?
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
21.03.2009 - 10:23
~laveynism

When i first listened to this fuckin album it blew me out
the sound of violins and cellos and the great harsh vocals i mean its perfect i discovered this band about a year ago an every dat since i listen to this album they are hilarius
20.10.2010 - 02:05
Marcus
Doit Like Bernie
This reminds me of Carach Angren's latest, and unfortunately, I'd much rather listen to them...
20.10.2010 - 09:16
Daniell
_爱情_
This is one of those albums that lose a lot once you get to know them better. When I heard it, I thought it was so bloody excellent, I couldn't stop listening. A year after I came back to it and I realised that this is actually quite shitty. Apart from being copycats, they really have no talent for songwriting. The album is also quite boring...
Sorry to spoil the atmosphere of worship
24.09.2014 - 19:42
Rating: 6
Spacerunner

Written by Daniell on 20.10.2010 at 09:16
When I heard it, I thought it was so bloody excellent, I couldn't stop listening. A year after I came back to it and I realised that this is actually quite shitty. Apart from being copycats, they really have no talent for songwriting. The album is also quite boring...

So true.
22.07.2015 - 19:07
Rating: 7
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Prussian language is dead ... I found this album because Dis Pater, awesome doom, so I tried dig deeper in bands from Kenigsberg ... aka Kaliningrad, so I found this, damn it was a while when I listened it, but I remember it kicked damn ass
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Hits total: 6468 | This month: 7