Metal Storm logo
Lacrimosa

10.07.2006 - 22:08
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
So, the thread for this excellent band which has been one the best gothic metal bands ever.

I really like this band, the musical quality, the instruments management, many things... and well, one of the most important things: the originality in the music, and in the album covers.

So, what do you think?
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
11.07.2006 - 00:52
Dam3k

Good band indeed, it's the few gothic stuff I've heard for years, I mean Lacrimosa is not that female fronted stuff, it's gothic with some female choirs I think that's cool and more gothic than a 100% female fronted band, I truly like them specially their hit "Copycat"
----

11.07.2006 - 02:16
Susan
Smeghead
I bought their album "Echos" last year after reading many good and interesting things about this band. I was disappointed when the album didn't grow on me. I'm sure it's great but it wasn't to my personal liking. The opening instrumental track Kyrie was lovely but for the rest of the songs I think Tilo's voice ruined them for me. I'm not a fan of that dark speaking/singing style of his, although he's clearly a very talented composer.

I have lots of respect for this band and would love to see them live but they're just not my style for everyday listening.
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
11.07.2006 - 18:26
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Written by Susan on 11.07.2006 at 02:16

I bought their album "Echos" last year after reading many good and interesting things about this band. I was disappointed when the album didn't grow on me. I'm sure it's great but it wasn't to my personal liking. The opening instrumental track Kyrie was lovely but for the rest of the songs I think Tilo's voice ruined them for me. I'm not a fan of that dark speaking/singing style of his, although he's clearly a very talented composer.

I have lots of respect for this band and would love to see them live but they're just not my style for everyday listening.

I agree with you, Echos is an excellent album, very talented but yes, Tilo's voice ruines many songs, like "Sacrifice", what a great song! but it'd be perfect without vocals. Have you noticed that the last song has the choir of "Durch NAcht Und Flut" in spanish? Wow!, it really surprised me.
----

Sensorium - Epica
11.07.2006 - 18:57
Alouqua
Account deleted
Alchemist: I couldn't believe it neither... I was surprised when I understand what Tilo say...
Ok this is my favourite band right now. I fall in love instantly when I hear the unique sound and then i read some of their lyrics and... is just beauty...
Tilo is a genius (and the hottest man in the world), and, with Anne they are the best musicians. Is so dark and sad their music... is almost unbelievable. I don't like their last album but I love the others, especially Fassade and Inferno.
11.07.2006 - 19:43
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
@Alouqua: I don't know why I don't find Fassade and Inferno so good like Echos or Elodia. I like just a few songs of Fassade, like "Der Morgen Danach" and "Senses"
The album Lichtgestalt is very good, there are excellent songs, like "Sapphire" or "My Last Goodbye" I think this is one of the best albums
----

Sensorium - Epica
11.07.2006 - 20:28
Danigar

Excelent threat, i love this band. The first time i heard them with Elodia i fell in love instantly, and i got to hear most of their albums, and well what can i say, is one of my favourites too, all that passion, sadness, and with a lot of emotion in the music. I love Tilo's voice, he may ruin some songs like you said but overall i love the feeling he puts into the music, and with the complement of Anne just make things better. My favourite has to be Elodia, but a love the other ones as well, Fassade (i love the way this album flows), Echos and the last one, Lichtgestalt i really love it!
11.07.2006 - 20:38
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Written by Danigar on 11.07.2006 at 20:28

Excelent threat, i love this band. The first time i heard them with Elodia i fell in love instantly, and i got to hear most of their albums, and well what can i say, is one of my favourites too, all that passion, sadness, and with a lot of emotion in the music. I love Tilo's voice, he may ruin some songs like you said but overall i love the feeling he puts into the music, and with the complement of Anne just make things better. My favourite has to be Elodia, but a love the other ones as well, Fassade (i love the way this album flows), Echos and the last one, Lichtgestalt i really love it!

I also knew the band with Elodia, excellent album
About Tilo's voice, well, he may ruin some songs indeed but there are songs in which he sings very good, like "Eine Nacht In Ewigkeit" (Echos), "Flamme Im Wind" (Satura) or "Tränen Der Sehnsucht" (Einsamkeit) and yes, like you said, it's the feeling he puts on the music what is the important
----

Sensorium - Epica
12.07.2006 - 04:13
Bitch Boy

An original concept. As Dam3k says, not the typically woman-fronted band, but only a duo with two talented musicians, especially Anne Nurmi. The cover art is also very original. One of the things I like most from Lacrimosa is that they're always changing their sound, sometimes from song to song in a same album, from symphonic to heavy, and from doom to ambiental.
13.07.2006 - 18:15
Alouqua
Account deleted
Ok, I have a question for you... What do you think of Tilo's voice?
I don't think he have the best voice in the world but I love the way he sing. I mean, is so different... is so dark and soft and angry and hell is beautiful. I do love the way he sings. But what do you people think?
The Alchemist I love Elodia too but I don't know why I can't stand Lichtgestalt, i guess I need to hear it again...
13.07.2006 - 18:37
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
I like the way he sings but not in all the songs, like I said there are songs ruined because of his voice and some other good.
I prefer the songs in which he sings "soft" or "dark", but I don't like when he sings "angry", that kinds of screamings aren't my liking
----

Sensorium - Epica
14.07.2006 - 05:49
Bitch Boy

Answering to Alouqua's question... Tilo's style is unique, because he doesn't sing with the typical death metal growls that some of the gothic metal bands use. As you say, sometimes he's very soft, and sometimes he let some frustation be.
21.07.2006 - 02:33
Surtur

Lacrimosa used to be a great band, after Elodia well it's just disappointing, some songs from Fassade are good but that's all, they had their best years before Anne's lineup her voice is not the best one.

I remeber when I heard their Satura and I have to say that it was awesome, great experience,just the same with Angst, Einsamkeit and Stille even Live; I don't know what happened them maybe the fame...
----
" And every angel needs a tear to laugh "
30.07.2006 - 05:18
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
The firsts albums are good, but I think that the best music of the band is made in the recent works, like Echos or Lichtgestalt
----

Sensorium - Epica
01.08.2006 - 19:44
Alouqua
Account deleted
no way...
Ok let me try to explain my point, or at least try... The first albums imo are good but kind of bizarre. Then, in 1995 appear Anne (ex two witches) in Inferno and then their music style change. I mean Anne contribute a lot with her own "taste" and for me that was really good. I prefer their albums between 1995-2001 I love that period. With Inferno, Fassade and Elodia (which are in that order my favourite albums)... Then they change... I can't explain this but they change and I can't stand this change... may be I need time to get used... I mean even the way their look change... I understand they are older now... but....

they used to be like this (Stille):

[img] http://www.stolzesherz.de/disco/pics/stille1.jpg [/img]

and this (Elodia)

[img] http://www.lacrimosa.de/img/gallery-elodia.jpg [/img]

I can stand this:

[img] http://www.hall-of-sermon.de/i/lacrimosa-echos01.jpg [/img]

but... THIS:

[img] http://strefa.rockmetal.art.pl/sylwetki/lacrimosa.jpg [/img]

OK I KNOW this is not the most important thing is not their image the thing that I like (or dislike), is their music but this change... I don't like this new style...
02.08.2006 - 21:18
Bitch Boy

Written by Guest on 01.08.2006 at 19:44

OK I KNOW this is not the most important thing is not their image the thing that I like (or dislike), is their music but this change... I don't like this new style...

I can't see the pics.
02.08.2006 - 22:45
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Yes, my dear Alouqua, I can't see the pictures neither
----

Sensorium - Epica
03.08.2006 - 05:44
Alouqua
Account deleted
OK, I try this again... I don't know why this isn't working for me... I try with different pics... SORRY
I didn't find the same pics as before, sorry
Edited
So, Danigar make notice that the "change" is not so drastic so again I will try to explain why I don't like this new image of them. First my beloved Tilo: The make-up, the hairstyle, the sensuality and now he is just like... my dad! with long hair... no way...
And Anne... well she was... extremely sexy, then she started to cover his body and now... it seems she have a costume... that's why I prefer Echos, she at least seems natural, but now... I hate the clothe she wear...
Once again, I know this is not really important, i know... Is just my opinion...

look... first it was something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd_h9HIaaRE&search=Lacrimosa
And now... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdpX9SBBGUc&search=Lacrimosa
03.08.2006 - 22:24
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Well, this time I can see the pictures.
You're right my dear, they changed very much, but the appareance isn't the most important for me, I care more about the music. I don't know really much the old stuff, though I have all their albums, yesterday I decided to hear some old stuff, so, I choosed a good song from "Inferno" called "Vermachtnis Der Sonne" and I liked, also I like the album "Satura" but anyways I prefer their new stuff.
----

Sensorium - Epica
04.08.2006 - 09:01
Beer Fairy

I want help can you tell me from where i can download their songs, because i know that it's a great band and i want to hear them.
04.08.2006 - 19:26
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Written by Beer Fairy on 04.08.2006 at 09:01

I want help can you tell me from where i can download their songs, because i know that it's a great band and i want to hear them.

Well, you can download with many programs, like Soulseek, Ares, Kazaa, Imesh, etc. And since this band is very known it's very easy to find their stuff
----

Sensorium - Epica
05.08.2006 - 02:50
Bitch Boy

@Alouqua: I get what you're trying to say, but for me Anne's look is ok right now, and it used to be cool. And Tilo... well I think he looks better with long hair.

But I respect your opinion. Thanks for sharing with us the photos and the videos. Actually Copycat is my favorite one.
22.09.2006 - 04:55
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
One of the most depresive bands I've ever heard. I like them, but I don't listen to their music very often. And I agree, Tilo looks better with long hair. As for Anne, she looks fine now, besides, what matters is not the look, but the music.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
22.09.2006 - 17:58
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 22.09.2006 at 04:55

One of the most depresive bands I've ever heard. I like them, but I don't listen to their music very often. And I agree, Tilo looks better with long hair. As for Anne, she looks fine now, besides, what matters is not the look, but the music.

Well, they are depressive but only in their first albums imo, the last ones aren't so depressive. and I agree with you my friend, the music is more important than the look
----

Sensorium - Epica
10.10.2006 - 01:31
WindMyth
Account deleted
This band is not Metal, is Gothic Rock, and in the beginning Darkwave.

I like it a lot, more the first albums but I think Tilo and Anne are great vocals.
11.10.2006 - 14:46
Anathemani@c

I don't have much things to say about them. I have only heard the Lichtgesagt alboum which is absolutely fantastic!!!Any other suggestions or recomendations please???
----
Trapped in time
A miracle of hope and change
A swirling mass, no mercy now
If the truth hurts prepare for pain
......Do you think we 're forever???
11.10.2006 - 22:14
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Written by Anathemani@c on 11.10.2006 at 14:46

I don't have much things to say about them. I have only heard the Lichtgesagt alboum which is absolutely fantastic!!!Any other suggestions or recomendations please???

If you want similar stuff to Lichtgestalt, then you should hear Echos, Fassade or Elodia.
If you want to hear really dark and gothic music, then listen to the first albums, like Angst, Inferno, Satura, Einsamkeit
----

Sensorium - Epica
12.10.2006 - 09:42
Anathemani@c

Written by The Alchemist on 11.10.2006 at 22:14

If you want similar stuff to Lichtgestalt, then you should hear Echos, Fassade or Elodia.
If you want to hear really dark and gothic music, then listen to the first albums, like Angst, Inferno, Satura, Einsamkeit

I really love dark, melancholic stuff and that is what I liked more in Lichtgestalt. I don't know about the older alboums. What do they play there?
----
Trapped in time
A miracle of hope and change
A swirling mass, no mercy now
If the truth hurts prepare for pain
......Do you think we 're forever???
12.10.2006 - 18:34
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Written by Anathemani@c on 12.10.2006 at 09:42

Written by The Alchemist on 11.10.2006 at 22:14

I really love dark, melancholic stuff and that is what I liked more in Lichtgestalt. I don't know about the older alboums. What do they play there?

There are different styles in the older albums, the first one, Angst is the most depressive imo, specially the song "Seele In Not"
Satura has different songs, "Erinnerung" sounds like rock, "Crucifixio" and "Versuchung" are really dark songs, with a really strange voice
And something particular in the older album is that some songs are played with accordeon, and has old german music influences imo
----

Sensorium - Epica
20.06.2007 - 19:51
Bash'
:)
I'd like to try this band .. I have some singles from here and there .. anyways ,, can anybody help me in choosing the most proper album to start with the band???
----
I saw her standing by the crimson sea...
Isolated by the silent thoughts...
Her gazing was intense but so dead...

The teardrops corroded the soil.. She couldn't say a word to me...