Metal Storm logo
Lacrimosa

Original post

Posted by The Alchemist, 10.07.2006 - 22:08
So, the thread for this excellent band which has been one the best gothic metal bands ever.

I really like this band, the musical quality, the instruments management, many things... and well, one of the most important things: the originality in the music, and in the album covers.

So, what do you think?
20.06.2007 - 20:07
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
I cant get really into Lacrimosa, but I do think that they are an amazing band, I like the way that they sing their songs with all that emotion and feeling
----
21.06.2007 - 03:32
Bitch Boy
I would recommend you both Elodia. Really cool orchestra and very well written lyrics.
22.08.2007 - 20:31
Bitch Boy
Happy birthday to Anne Nurmi
20.09.2007 - 00:10
ScabbeD'~
They know what are they doing...They're Really Crack on their instruments &...Have A Different Style!
"Angst" is the best album of them and specially Their solo of Piano On "Lacrima Mosa"...
04.08.2008 - 19:10
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Their first albums are overlooked by the fans... it seems so to me. Since the first albums seems way more interesting than the new ones.

Very bizarr, beautiful and even disturbing music. Tilo's voice was very creppy in the beggining.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
01.09.2008 - 06:37
the stranger
Written by ScabbeD'~ on 20.09.2007 at 00:10

They know what are they doing...They're Really Crack on their instruments &...Have A Different Style!
"Angst" is the best album of them and specially Their solo of Piano On "Lacrima Mosa"...

That song is awesome! My favourite instrumental song and I like prog music. It is great to find somebody that also loves this song.
Also the cover of the album is great, the art of Lacrimosa's albums is really good; my girlfriend even said that she wanted to kill the one who does the cover art so she could do it when I showed them to her.
01.09.2008 - 06:43
the stranger
Written by X-Ray Rod on 04.08.2008 at 19:10

Their first album are overlooked by the fans... it seems so to me. Since the first albums seems way more interesting than the new ones.

Very bizarr, beautiful and even disturbing music. Tilo's voice was very creppy in the beggining.

Agreed. "Angst" as the word says is fear in the most pure sense. All songs have deep roots in the most claustrophobic feelings. The piano of "Seele in Not". The lyrics of "Der Letzte Hilfeschrei". There is something about "Requiem" that it always give the feeling of being at a black and white film with an absolutely gray city. Tilo's vocals are disturbing as you said. I consider this to be the one of the best albums ever.
01.09.2008 - 17:27
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by the stranger on 01.09.2008 at 06:43

Tilo's vocals are disturbing as you said. I consider this to be the one of the best albums ever.

Agreed... The screams at the beginning of "Seele in Not" are just amaizing.
----
Rod, let me love you.
06.09.2008 - 02:22
ScabbeD'~
Written by the stranger on 01.09.2008 at 06:37

Written by ScabbeD'~ on 20.09.2007 at 00:10

That song is awesome! My favourite instrumental song and I like prog music. It is great to find somebody that also loves this song.
Also the cover of the album is great, the art of Lacrimosa's albums is really good; my girlfriend even said that she wanted to kill the one who does the cover art so she could do it when I showed them to her.

You Wont Do That !!
15.04.2009 - 15:16
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
I like their works, they are a nice dark band.
16.04.2009 - 00:10
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
I can't wait for the new album, I downloaded the promo of Sehnsucht today but this annoying chick voice keeps telling you you're listening to promo so many times, you can+'t even hear the music. So I guess I'm gonna wait for the official release date

Hey, does anyome here listens to Tilo's Snakeskin? I got (as in downloaded) Canta Tronic and I would really to get Muisc For The Lost as well, does anybody like... have it?
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
11.05.2009 - 17:29
bayern
Written by Bash' on 20.06.2007 at 19:51

I'd like to try this band .. I have some singles from here and there .. anyways ,, can anybody help me in choosing the most proper album to start with the band???

Try Elodia in my opinnion this is their best album. It's the most melodic album of Lacrimosa.
12.05.2009 - 08:45
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Written by AnGina-- on 16.04.2009 at 00:10

I can't wait for the new album, I downloaded the promo of Sehnsucht today but this annoying chick voice keeps telling you you're listening to promo so many times, you can+'t even hear the music. So I guess I'm gonna wait for the official release date

Hey, does anyome here listens to Tilo's Snakeskin? I got (as in downloaded) Canta Tronic and I would really to get Muisc For The Lost as well, does anybody like... have it?

Oh yeah, Snakeskin has some great songs, it is more "electro" but still has that special Tilo's touch, both are good albums, I hope he releases another one soon... in the future hehe.

As for the albums I love each and every one, my first album was Inferno, oh what a great experience, then I discovered Angst and Einsamkeit, both albums have some of my favorite songs by Lacrimosa, like Einsamkeit or Der Letzte Hilfeschrei. But I also love the other albums, each one has a great sound, lyrics, and that feeling, I mean, you know that you're listening to Lacrimosa, it is very special, and watching them live is an experience that I really recommend to everyone here that likes the band, simply awesome, truly deep and great show. BTW, maybe this will sound rare but the only song that had (and still has) the power in the past to make me cry (hey don't laugh you numb men) is "Ich Verlasse Heut Dein Herz", it was the moment or the song? dunno, I just know that I gave my loyalty to this band since then (Yes, Elodia is my favorite album too).

Edit: I listened Sehnsucht today and, dunno, I feel kinda rare, there is something missing here, but well I just gave it a couple of listens, maybe it will grow in me later, or does anyone here feels the same?
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
12.05.2009 - 11:32
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Written by Daggon on 12.05.2009 at 08:45

Edit: I listened Sehnsucht today and, dunno, I feel kinda rare, there is something missing here, but well I just gave it a couple of listens, maybe it will grow in me later, or does anyone here feels the same?

Same here man, I listened to it yesterday for the first time from the beginning to the end and... Well, it's... I guess it's a bit more bare and raw than other Lacrimosa albums, I guess what it lacks are the opera/theatrical moments I was used to. But nonehteless, it was a pleasant listening and I too need a couple of more listens to sharpen my opinion.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
12.05.2009 - 17:18
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by AnGina-- on 12.05.2009 at 11:32

I guess it's a bit more bare and raw than other Lacrimosa albums, I guess what it lacks are the opera/theatrical moments I was used to.

Then it would be to my liking. I really like the rawness of Lacrimosa. That's why the first albums will always be the best stuff they ever done imo. I've heard a couple of samples from the new album and I like what I'm hearing.... It's like in the veing of Satura. But that's just me.
----
Rod, let me love you.
23.05.2009 - 22:42
the stranger
Written by X-Ray Rod on 12.05.2009 at 17:18

Written by AnGina-- on 12.05.2009 at 11:32

I guess it's a bit more bare and raw than other Lacrimosa albums, I guess what it lacks are the opera/theatrical moments I was used to.

Then it would be to my liking. I really like the rawness of Lacrimosa. That's why the first albums will always be the best stuff they ever done imo. I've heard a couple of samples from the new album and I like what I'm hearing.... It's like in the veing of Satura. But that's just me.

If it's like Satura then it will definetely kick ass!!! The good thing about Lacrimosa it's that every album sounds unique. So, if this is more raw I'll guess this will be a different kind of raw from the early albums.
28.05.2009 - 07:35
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
So, any thoughts about the new album? I listened to it many times and still I think it lacks of mmm well how to say this... balls.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
28.05.2009 - 09:27
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Agree with you, Daggon. The album is just boring. Basically the only Lacrimosa album that listened to in the past is Elodia, which is awesome, but I never listened to anything else. So compared to that album, the new one is just not good.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
26.07.2009 - 11:41
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
I saw them yesterday here in Mexico and OMFG! The show was top-notch, just as it was on 2007, great setlist with some song from the last album that actually sounded quite good. I even started to cry when they played "Ich Verlasse Heut Dein Herz", very touching. I really recommend to see this band live, they are as good as if you were listening to an album.
----
12.09.2009 - 18:11
VPeter
Am I the only one who really likes Sehnsucht? yes it's more raw and metal like and I do prefer the theater like sound over the metal raw one but it's still a great album. I just wished they used more German, instead of English songs.
14.09.2009 - 08:10
Music4TheSpirit
MetalForTheSpiri
elite
Written by VPeter on 12.09.2009 at 18:11

Am I the only one who really likes Sehnsucht? yes it's more raw and metal like and I do prefer the theater like sound over the metal raw one but it's still a great album. I just wished they used more German, instead of English songs.

Well you're not alone, i do like it too, I found it strong to call it "raw" for what a i heard, it's not the most symphonic album of them for sure, but well i dont find it "raw", in other hand i have the "special versions" edition, so i wonder how diferent are these songs from the normal album, anyway it's a great album, I think they got it straight they go all over keeping it on line without any violent breaks...
----
In this days we seem to be limited by scientific knowledge
"I'm a good man... while that don't interfere with my interest" Anonymous , taken from the low moderm and post-moderm consciences
12.10.2009 - 05:35
the stranger
I don't consider the latest album to be any kind of "raw". Raw were the Angst, the Einsamkeit, the Satura. But Sehnsucht is not "raw" at all. I consider this to be a very good album, although I only started to dig it after the played here and played many songs of the album. The highlights are Feuer, which by the way has one of the worst videos ever done, Mandira Nabula and I Lost My Star In Krasnodar. I wish they could have played a couple more songs of the earlier albums on the concert, but it was still fucking amazing. They have so many great songs that in order to be able to play all or most of them, the concert would have last 5 hours to 6 hours. Maybe 7.
20.10.2009 - 17:21
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
To be honest nowadays I cant listen to their albums dont know why. but "Ich verlasse heut' dein Herz"
and "Copycat" are songs which are alwyas in my favorite songs list.
22.10.2009 - 04:09
the stranger
Bad time? Bad mood? Got tired of them?
22.10.2009 - 21:03
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by the stranger on 22.10.2009 at 04:09

Bad time? Bad mood? Got tired of them?

tired of them cause they are not metal enough maybe! lol maybe it why! dont know man.
23.10.2009 - 05:29
the stranger
Not metal enough? Well, that's one of the things that make them unique. Anyway, each to his/her own.
12.10.2010 - 06:49
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
I'm really happy because I'll attend my third gig of this band tomorrow at night. Awesome
Since it is the 20th Anniversary Tour I don't know what to expect, but I'm sure it will be amazing as always
----
24.10.2010 - 05:54
the stranger
The concert here on October 4th was amazing as the one they did last year. They played songs of almost every album and single except for the Angst. I was really hoping they would play Seele In Not or Requiem. What came as a surprise for me was the inclusion of Flamme Im Wind, I was expecting Crucifixio or Satura or any other song from that album. After the concert I couldn't stop listening to that song... I'm still listening to it constantly. The only problem compared to last year was that the sound quality wasn't as good, although I like this year's setlist a little bit more than last year. Also, now I was on the front row so I was able to touch Tilo's foot and Anne's hand.
Something I find noteworthy (as last year) is the amount of different gothic clothing people wore on the concert. It's like a fashion contest. Me and my girlfriend were like the freaks dressed on everyday clothes. Anyway, I still can't believe I've seen Lacrimosa twice in a little more than a year.
25.10.2010 - 14:14
Deepanshu
I would recommend you both Elodia. Really cool orchestra and very well written lyrics.
18.06.2011 - 02:15
Metal_4Ever
Well, if this band still play their song like that I think they will become an Orchestral Metal band