22. Happy Jack [bonus]
23. I'm A Boy [bonus]
24. I'm Free [bonus]
25. Tommy's Holiday Camp [bonus]
26. See Me, Feel Me [bonus]
27. Summertime Blues [Eddie Cochran cover] [bonus]
28. Shakin' All Over [bonus]
29. My Generation [bonus]

"The Who At Killburn: 1977" is an exceptional DVD. No doubt about it. Recorded in 1977 (one year only before the decease of Keith Moon), this amazing live was never released but luckily Sony BMG and the last two members of the band choose to release it this year. The great thing is that the DVD, back in time, was recorded with really good technical means and its production, for a 31 years old recording is just amazing. No need to present The Who but let's talk a bit about one of the best DVD live ever released.

No I won't talk about The Who? no I won't talk about songs like "My Generation", "Pinball Wizard" or "Won't Get Fooled Again", everybody knows them and if you don't know those songs, just run as soon as possible to your record dealer or you'll be cursed by the Gods of Rock (and Metal) for 100000 years. But let's talk about this new DVD. Filmed in 1977 at Killburn, the DVD features a great concert by The Who. As you can see on the set list, all the best songs of the combo are featured but in addition of this perfect set-list, this is also a great performance of the members in addition of a great audience that you'll see during the 138 mins of the DVD. When you add that you even have a whole concert in additional bonus, it's just classy as hell. The interpretation is perfect, the general ambiance is crazy, all the songs are real powerful hits, seriously I recommend this DVD to all the fans of the band but also to the (probably young) people who don't know The Who. This is just a perfect way to discover this crazy band and if you like Metal and believe that The Who cannot be for you, just have a look at this concert and you'll quickly understand that some songs have influences a lot of your favorite Metal bands.

As you already know, the production of "The Who At Killburn: 1977" is just perfect. Of course, it was recorded in 1977 so this is not something of the 21 century but all in all, the technical means were really high for the 70's and the result is really good. The images are great, the sound is good too, and if you add that the bonuses are also really strong; you're just in front of a cult DVD and a cult concert.

Nothing to add really, "The Who At Killburn: 1977" is just one of the best DVD ever released and this is great to have the chance (finally) to watch this concert. Don't miss it, if you like Rock, Prog or even Metal, in my opinion "The Who At Killburn: 1977" is just the proof that The Who was one of the most influential Rock band of the history. This DVD is a must, a real masterpiece, don't miss it for any reason?

Rating breakdown
Performance: 10
Songwriting: -
Originality: -
Production: 9

Written by Jeff | 03.03.2009

Comments

Comments: 3   Visited by: 99 users
03.03.2009 - 23:45
amerislave
Account deleted
Thanks....nice seeing a good review for the who here.....looking forward to seeing some good footage from 1977 as opposed to the 7 or 8 man band that plays who songs to rich people and goes by the same name.
04.03.2009 - 00:44
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Wow what a pleasant surprise... nice review Jeff I may have to go purchase this now...
04.03.2009 - 04:46
Talvi

Lol usually i don't care about nonmetal reviews, but this is for hardcore Who fans, who would get this anyway but those?
----
My account on other musical pages:
http://www.last.fm/user/Pozito/
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Talvi

Hits total: 4732 | This month: 8