Metal Storm logo
Album Collection - Couple of Questions

06.03.2009 - 13:16
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Since i have decided to put only original cds/dvds i physically own, i am encountering "what to do with this?" problems, so i want to ask here :

1) what to do, when cd is split of two (or even more) bands?

2) what to do with album year, when it is re-release? should i write down original year or the year when the re-release?

3) what to do, when album is "re-released split"? (means two cds of two different bands originally released each single now re-released in one cd box...Blackened do this a lot)

and maybe i will find even some other "specialties" later...

thanks for your opinions and hints about those
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

06.03.2009 - 17:46
GT
Coffee!!
Written by Ellrohir on 06.03.2009 at 13:16

Since i have decided [...]

My suggestions:

@ #1: if the album is on MS just add it that way, if not just add it under every band giving an explanation in the 'additional info' box.

@ #2: I would put the original release year and then add "re-released version 2008 (depending on the year of course)" in the 'additional info' box.

@ #3: I have no suggestions here actually
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
07.03.2009 - 00:55
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Alright i am done with #2...it gives sense...about #3 - should be solved same as #2 i think

but bout #1...??? what to with split albums, which have 2 (or more) authors...MS allows only one and there is also no option "Split CD" in media types...
----

27.03.2009 - 01:36
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Ellrohir on 07.03.2009 at 00:55

Alright i am done with #2...it gives sense...about #3 - should be solved same as #2 i think

but bout #1...??? what to with split albums, which have 2 (or more) authors...MS allows only one and there is also no option "Split CD" in media types...

Well it woudl be a cool feature for teh collection.
The option Split, and that it let you choose what's the other band in the CD.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
27.03.2009 - 05:31
Bararey
Winter is Coming
Written by Ellrohir on 07.03.2009 at 00:55

We list split CDs as an EP, [an example here], you can see that the split album links to both band pages.

Are you mainly talking about bands that are not featured on MS?
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
27.03.2009 - 10:14
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Wow...first time i am seeing split album on MS...is it my fault or is it really kinda new feature

and second - well, i dont own any split album yet...this my question was "in case i will once have one" (cases 2 and 3 occurred already)...but if, i guess it will probably be some "almost underground" black metal or so, which will probably not be listed here...at least for couple of future years...
----

27.03.2009 - 10:32
Bararey
Winter is Coming
Written by Ellrohir on 27.03.2009 at 10:14

Wow...first time i am seeing split album on MS...is it my fault or is it really kinda new feature

and second - well, i dont own any split album yet...this my question was "in case i will once have one" (cases 2 and 3 occurred already)...but if, i guess it will probably be some "almost underground" black metal or so, which will probably not be listed here...at least for couple of future years...

The feature was implemented last year during Fall time.

Even if the band is not listed and you want to add the split to your collection; the type will be EP and add the [Split] tag in the album title section.
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
27.03.2009 - 10:37
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Cool, thats what i needed to know, thanks
----