Metal Storm logo
When have you heard enough?

Original post

Posted by Judas, 06.03.2009 - 14:47
Alright, so for the past few months I've hit a bit of a wall with bands. I just feel satisfied with what I have, and while it feels pretty good to not have the urge to search and delve further into the realms of Metal music because it means I'm sated already, it is also freaking me out a little. I'm happy with what I've heard so far, so I've lost the desire to search any more. Have any of you have experienced stuff like this before?
27.01.2012 - 20:25
Zombie94

I have yet to experience this loss of passion to find new bands. It's quite the opposite for me. My greatest bane as a music listener is that I find it hard to break myself away from listening to the same albums over and over. The same fucking songs are always stuck in my mind. It's like Rust In Peace and Cowboys From Hell are so good they've ruined my musical sanity! But to remedy the problem I'm not going to listen to any of my favourites for a while now. It's like going cold turkey hah
28.01.2012 - 00:26
thewaytonever

My problem is that I am always looking for new music and I find new bands every week but I can only listen to most albums a couple of times then they get filed away in my office. I only find a truly great band once every 3 years or so it is discouraging but I keep the course none the less hoping to find another band to get me excited about Metal again. Sadly I have a ton of bands I like but only 8 or 9 I could listen to every day.
----
follow me on twitter @thewaytonever
http://www.last.fm/user/thewaytonever
29.01.2012 - 14:35
Druss

Written by thewaytonever on 28.01.2012 at 00:26

My problem is that I am always looking for new music and I find new bands every week but I can only listen to most albums a couple of times then they get filed away in my office. I only find a truly great band once every 3 years or so it is discouraging but I keep the course none the less hoping to find another band to get me excited about Metal again. Sadly I have a ton of bands I like but only 8 or 9 I could listen to every day.

^This a bit for me, though I'm making more of an effort of late on that front.

As for the wall, yes, often enough, comes from lack of friends of listen to metal. Eventually though, I find one album off some band I never knew about, love it to bits, and I'm right back to listening for more.....
29.01.2012 - 22:33
thewaytonever

Written by Druss on 29.01.2012 at 14:35

Written by thewaytonever on 28.01.2012 at 00:26

^This a bit for me, though I'm making more of an effort of late on that front.

As for the wall, yes, often enough, comes from lack of friends of listen to metal. Eventually though, I find one album off some band I never knew about, love it to bits, and I'm right back to listening for more.....

Yeah my friends who are metal heads like to listen to stuff that I'm not much into so my journey is a lonely one
----
follow me on twitter @thewaytonever
http://www.last.fm/user/thewaytonever
30.01.2012 - 05:17
Tormentor666

Mate, I think if you really enjoy metal and all that's around it, you can never get enough from it. Or at least, it is my case.
----
WARFARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
21.09.2016 - 23:41
Enteroctopus

I just float around from death to black to classics (RIP, RTL, CFH, etc.). Each offers its own different atmosphere to me and if I find I am getting bored then I switch. As for searching and buying I find it easier to purchase death metal because A) more bands, and B) less of the bands suck - why do so many "black metal" bands suck?! I love black metal, though. It's just, harder to find the good ones?

To me, a decent death metal band will do. It doesn't have to blast my brain to bits, as long as it's groovin' and heavy as all fuck I'm happy.

Production is big for me, though. Like metal where all I hear is the damn kick drum and snare blasting me in the face is not cool. I would sign up to go get blown up in Iraq if I wanted to hear that shit. No thanks!

I find that with a good system, proper sub the kick and bass come out regardless (unless it's AJFA, lol). I don't need "help" from the "producer."
22.09.2016 - 02:09
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
(I have no idea what any of those acronyms mean...)
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
23.09.2016 - 01:30
Crimson Maiden

Yes, I do find it hard sometimes to want to search for new metal cause the old stuff is so good!! At the same time, I search anyways cause sometimes I find some real jewels...:banger2:
23.09.2016 - 01:44
ADIresiduos

I guess most of us tend to stick with the tested and proven, but in my case I constantly end up listening to some new bands, wether it's a new band or an old one, of which I never heard before. I go by bands albums reviews, suggestions from Youtube, a friend's suggestion... maybe a good metal song from a movie.
It doesn't necessarily mean I end up loving all those bands, but some I do like, and just on a rare ocassion I find one which I end up liking a lot.
So, I guess I haven't gotten to the point where I hit that wall you're talking about.