03. Rotting In Hell
04. Rising Hatred
05. Out For Revenge
06. Flamethrower Holocaust
07. Skull Splitter
08. Mind Control
09. Denim Demons
10. Path To Power

"And now for something completely different", Moribund Cult Records must have thought. "No haunting, eerie or droning Black Metal this time, we need some straight-forward, fast, ripping THRASH Metal." Enter Nocturnal Fear. This American threesome received the honour of taking care of this unholy desire. And they took care of it. Their "Code Of Violence" took care of it, to be precise.

Just to avoid future confusion, the Nocturnal Fear that's being discussed here is the one from Detroit, Michigan. There are two other nighttime abominations out there under the same moniker, but obviously they do not matter at the moment. What matters at the moment is Thrash metal, inspired by Kreator and Sodom, fast and... well, thrashing. Basically what the German Thrash metal scene was all about in it's days of glory. Even though they have the tendency to thicken their sound up a little, and towards a couple of more Death metal orientated riffs, this is Thrash metal as Thrash metal should be done. Lyrics about war and destruction, neck-breaking riffs and air-raid shredding solos. Add some violently pounding drums and agressively spit vocals to that and there you go.

For the sake of completion, I’ll have to say that this is nothing original. As if you didn’t know that already. Obviously that is not what this band going for anyway. Do I need to say more? I think not. By now you should know what to expect and if you are in a need for just that, go for it.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 7
Originality: 6
Production: 7

Written on 14.07.2008 by If you're interested in extreme, often emotional and underground music, check out my reviews. I retired from reviewing, but I really used to be into that stuff.

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 16 users
07.03.2009 - 08:32
Rating: 5
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Boring. There are many better, more catchy albums to collect (Exmortus' release 2 weeks later being less monotonous & aimless)

I thought it was slightly closer to DM than your review suggests
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays

Hits total: 4730 | This month: 8