Metal Storm logo
Good Metal CD Distros?

08.03.2009 - 11:47
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
I found a few threads on individual black metal distros, but nothing on a broader spectrum. I tried searching for a general CD distro help thread but couldn't find anything, so I apologize to the staff if there is something I missed.

Ok, so simply put - I am looking for metal distros with a wide selection, preferably ones that take cash advances (for those of us who don't have credit cards). So far I've only found (been told about) Dis-Order, and Dark Horizon, wondering if theres any other good ones out there that could help me in the hunt for certain albums that have eluded me so far?

Dis-Order:
http://www.dis-order.com

Dark Horizon
http://www.darkhorizon666.com

Note: If this thread works out as well as I hope, many users may come here as a reference while searching for albums, so please try to post websites you know as reliable, preferably ones that you (the poster) have used before and know as reliable first hand. No sketchy/questionable distros please!
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
08.03.2009 - 12:17
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
The links aren't working for me.... The links need your help Rock Doctor...
----
Coldgrits
08.03.2009 - 17:33
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
Dis-order lists stuff in their distro before it's available. Not a major problem but i imagine when the last Mutiilation album came out and Disorder listed it for sale straight away, they received hundreds of orders and these people were left waiting longer than if they'd ordered from EAL or a distro in their country.

Ebay is the best bet for most things. With the exception of new releases, I at least check completed ebay auctions to get an idea of prices and usually end up buying it off there. Just my two cents.

http://www.nwnprod.com is EXTREMLY cheap (despite high airmail costs) but tends to be focused on extreme metal and then mostly lesser known stuff. I've bought a ton of stuff in the past from there but have tried to cut down on buying weaker releases or buying stuff on impulse and now feel there isn't much there for me.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
08.03.2009 - 19:59
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
Fixed all the links. Remember, when using the url tags, you must use the (full!) "http://www." part, or it won't work.

Dis-order is great, my main distro (also because it's Dutch, obviously). PsycheDOOMelic is also good.

I mostly google though. Check on which label it's released, or google the album title. I know that's not what you're asking for, but it's a method which shouldn't be underestimated.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
08.03.2009 - 23:07
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by -DC-002- on 08.03.2009 at 12:17

The links aren't working for me.... The links need your help Rock Doctor...

Lucas went molested my post so it should work now. Just forgot to add the http:// bit at the start.
----
- George Carlin
08.03.2009 - 23:13
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
Written by Doc G. on 08.03.2009 at 23:07

Lucas went molested my post

you really hate that, don't you?

Oh, another distro I recently used was The Omega Order. There's also Aquarius Records, which has a good stock, but I can't remember if I ever ordered anything from them.

Cold Spring Records (UK) is great for Black/Ambient/Noise/Drone/weird stuff.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
08.03.2009 - 23:21
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Lucas on 08.03.2009 at 23:13

Written by Doc G. on 08.03.2009 at 23:07

Lucas went molested my post

you really hate that, don't you?

Oh, another distro I recently used was The Omega Order. There's also Aquarius Records, which has a good stock, but I can't remember if I ever ordered anything from them.

Cold Spring Records (UK) is great for Black/Ambient/Noise/Drone/weird stuff.

I'm just scared I'm going to anger one of you staffers one day and you'll go on a crusade and sabotage all my posts.

Omega Order looks pretty promising, can't say I found anything too wonderful (for myself) on Cold Spring.
----
- George Carlin
08.03.2009 - 23:24
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
Written by Doc G. on 08.03.2009 at 23:21

I'm just scared I'm going to anger one of you staffers one day and you'll go on a crusade and sabotage all my posts.

Well, I know you're not serious right now, but for everyone else: I never, ever, edit someone's post. Except for correcting links.

Quote:
Omega Order looks pretty promising, can't say I found anything too wonderful (for myself) on Cold Spring.

Yeah, Cold Spring isn't for you I guess. Unless you suddenly fall in love with Skullflower. When that happens, I'll fly over to where you live and buy you a beer.
----

08.03.2009 - 23:27
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Lucas on 08.03.2009 at 23:24

Quote:

Yeah, Cold Spring isn't for you I guess. Unless you suddenly fall in love with Skullflower. When that happens, I'll fly over to where you live and buy you a beer.

Your just that confident I'll never be into drone/doom/whatever you'd classify Skullflower as eh? Just you wait...perhaps this stoner metal kick I'm on will lead me down the path, then you'll owe me.
----
- George Carlin