Metal Storm logo
Gorgoroth - Infernus Wins Trademark Case

The ongoing battle Infernus has been pursuing against Gaahl & King Ov Hell regarding trademark rights of the name "Gorgoroth" appear to have come to an end. A message posted on Infernus' myspace website reads as follows:

"Oslo City District Court has today delivered a verdict on the main question in the Gorgoroth trademark case, which took place at the end of January 2009. The court has decided that King ov Hell's trademark registration # 243365 of the band name Gorgoroth is NOT valid and shall therefore be deleted. The court states that King ov Hell and Gaahl excluded themselves from the band Gorgoroth when they tried to fire Infernus in October 2007. The court further states that Infernus cannot be excluded from Gorgoroth, unless he himself decides to quit. Infernus is very pleased, but not surprised, by this verdict. The remaining issues concerning financial matters and such are yet to be decided upon."

The Infernus Gorgoroth line-up is:

Infernus - guitar, bass, drums, vocals
Pest - vocals
Tormentor - guitar
Frank Watkins - bass
Tomas Asklund - drums

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Gorgoroth
Posted: 10.03.2009 by Baz Anderson

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 50   Visited by: 373 users
11.03.2009 - 06:16
Vationleg

Written by Doc G. on 11.03.2009 at 01:51

Written by Vationleg on 10.03.2009 at 19:30

Ppfftt...
Half you punks donnae even know who Infernus is.

Yeah, Gorgoroth are soooo underground, and we all just listen to Metallica and Slipknot! I mean, it's not like I can walk over to the CD store in the old person mall near my house and pick up half their albums on any given day.... :.

Why have you hidden this band from us for so long, oh mighty one? And what other great unknown bands are you hiding from us? Dimmu Borgir?

Dick.
All the comment's that existed before mine deserved a spanking, the feeling of pure shock that overcame me when I saw someone who was actually rooting for Ghaal is something you may never understand...
That of course wasn't the only thing/one that bothered me...
It's becoming more and more obvious to me how ill suited I'm am for this site with every post I read.

I do however have something to promote though, and I plan on making every one of my 100 posts (or whatever it is) relevant enough to avoid piggy-backing/troll status.
Being remembered as a simpleton wouldn't do much for my cause and it may inspire people to become dis-interested when I finally do reveal my exploits of Havy Matal grandeur...
11.03.2009 - 06:16
tulkas
el parcero
"The court further states that Infernus cannot be excluded from Gorgoroth, unless he himself decides to quit."

wtf?? i don't know anything about laws or lawyers or anything, but how can a court decide what a band does with their members? anyway, i didn't know that this was going on, but imo it sucks that this kinda shit happens within a band
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
11.03.2009 - 07:35
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Great news for me. Infernus always represented the best part of Gorgoroth for me. He was there from the begining to the end and Gaahl and King have no right to claim anything. Always been a huge Infernus fan (check my avatar for proof lol). Hopefully this will result in bringing back everything that was once great about Gorgorth.
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
11.03.2009 - 08:03
Fhuesc

so how many Gorgoroths are now?
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
11.03.2009 - 09:34
DrunkenFuck
Thrasher!
Written by Doc G. on 11.03.2009 at 01:51

Ppfftt...

Yeah, Gorgoroth are soooo underground, and we all just listen to Metallica and Slipknot! I mean, it's not like I can walk over to the CD store in the old person mall near my house and pick up half their albums on any given day.... :.

Why have you hidden this band from us for so long, oh mighty one? And what other great unknown bands are you hiding from us? Dimmu Borgir?

Haha, yeah. In our regular cd store I have only seen cd's by three different metal bands: Metallica, Volbeat and Gorgoroth. And I'm seriously not kidding on that one.
----
THRASH!!!
11.03.2009 - 09:40
DrunkenFuck
Thrasher!
Written by Fhuesc on 11.03.2009 at 08:03

What don't you get?
Infernus = Gorgoroth, Gaahl & King = Some Other Band
----
THRASH!!!
11.03.2009 - 14:02
Baz Anderson

Confirmation from Gaahl and King can be found here:

http://www.roadrun...

Gaahl and King will announce a new name for their band shortly.
11.03.2009 - 14:17
Baz Anderson

Written by Vationleg on 11.03.2009 at 06:16

It's becoming more and more obvious to me how ill suited I'm am for this site with every post I read.

I do however have something to promote though, and I plan on making every one of my 100 posts (or whatever it is) relevant enough to avoid piggy-backing/troll status.
Being remembered as a simpleton wouldn't do much for my cause and it may inspire people to become dis-interested when I finally do reveal my exploits of Havy Matal grandeur...

I think it is becoming more obvious to us just how ill-suited you seem for life. How old are you? 13? You have such an attitude problem. Insulting good members like this will only get you banned, and then you won't be able to promote your band. No one likes to see hostility in otherwise friendly forums so please try and keep a good temperament.
11.03.2009 - 14:20
Baz Anderson

Written by Symmachus on 11.03.2009 at 04:56

Also, there's talk in this thread about Varg Vikernes being released. Can someone please give me a link supporting that claim?

There's this, but they don't cite any sources - I have no idea where they get that news from.
11.03.2009 - 14:30
Hellkommando

A good day indeed, I don't mind Gaahl at all but will be good to hear Pest on vocals! And can't go wrong with Tomas Asklund.
----

Formerly Desolate Gale
11.03.2009 - 16:22
worm_is_gloaming

Very just.

The whole affair over trademark was laughable as hell. Infernus started Gorgoroth. He's the only original member of it left in it. It's his damn band. End of story!
Good to see that judicial folks in Norway have their heads on straight and are sensible.

Pest on vocals? Obituary dude on bass? Gorgoroth are fucking back!!!

Better than ever before. Now we can draw a direct line between their beginnings and this consistent resurrection.
11.03.2009 - 16:39
GT
Coffee!!
Written by Baz Anderson on 11.03.2009 at 14:20

Also, there's talk in this thread about Varg Vikernes being released. Can someone please give me a link supporting that claim?

There's this, but they don't cite any sources - I have no idea where they get that news from.

They actually do cite their source. It's the Norwegian newspaper Dagbladet that brought the news. I've just read the article (it's the one I linked to) and it says pretty much what Blabbermouth writes.
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
11.03.2009 - 18:27
Fhuesc

Written by DrunkenFuck on 11.03.2009 at 09:40

What don't you get?

Oh!, thanks.
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
11.03.2009 - 21:05
DrunkenFuck
Thrasher!
Written by Fhuesc on 11.03.2009 at 18:27

Written by DrunkenFuck on 11.03.2009 at 09:40

What don't you get?

Oh!, thanks.

You're welcome
----
THRASH!!!
11.03.2009 - 21:56
Murder

Written by LeChron James on 11.03.2009 at 01:14

Written by Valentin B on 10.03.2009 at 23:20

Gaahl's reply is going to be epic... either epic funny or epic fail, don't know which type yet

both... definitely both.

yeah, I think Gaahl is gonna make some lil' drama of this

this not finish yet
11.03.2009 - 22:47
Slayer666

It's been about time they settled this. Maybe Gorgoroth can finnaly move on.
11.03.2009 - 22:52
BitterCOld
The Ancient One

Ppfftt...

the hell i don't. we try to hit the links for a round of gorgorgolf every couple months...

check the 3rd pic in my profile if you don't believe me.

http://www.metalstorm.ee/users/profile.php?user_id=1423#

i'm the one with the Samhain tat on my forearm. he's the one with the inverted cross.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
12.03.2009 - 00:27
Vationleg

Written by Baz Anderson on 11.03.2009 at 14:17

Written by Vationleg on 11.03.2009 at 06:16

I think it is becoming more obvious to us just how ill-suited you seem for life. How old are you? 13? You have such an attitude problem. Insulting good members like this will only get you banned, and then you won't be able to promote your band. No one likes to see hostility in otherwise friendly forums so please try and keep a good temperament.

Don't kid yourself, seeing all this praise for shitfake cockgaggery bands would make ANY fan of the real stuff have an "attitude" problem.
And no, not 13, and it's not a band I'm promoting.

I didn't directly insult anybody in my post either...
You feeling ok?
12.03.2009 - 03:41
Symmachus

Written by Baz Anderson on 11.03.2009 at 14:20

Thanks for that. It makes very interesting news.
14.03.2009 - 13:27
Daniel

God thats pathetic. No one cares about Infernus.
----
In The Cold Winds of Nowhere

Hits total: 7003 | This month: 13