Metal Storm logo
Blind Guardian - Eight New Songs Completed

Vocalist Hansi Kürsch announces:

"We have already accomplished eight new songs. What can I say about these songs? They rule, of course. You want a more precise description? Impossible. All I can say is that each and every song is 100% Blind Guardian, which naturally means there is a wild bunch of different things going on from time to time (always?).

According to atmospheres: we have everything from the more Nightfallish "Curse My Name," to the Scriptish "Wheel Of Time." In comparison to A Twist In The Myth the lyrical direction will be more on the fantasy side as you most probably can figure out by these titles. The song "Sacred" will give you an idea about the quality and the direction of the songs.

We have mixed modern elements with traditional ones throughout the whole songs. We may need two or three more tracks before we can call it a complete album, but being that far in the songwriting process we nevertheless have made first plans for a production start in September or October 2009.

Apart from songwriting we will be heavily engaged in preproduction activities and in playing festivals during the next months. As a majority of the new songs seem to demand a sort of "live" atmosphere, we consider it to be good idea breathing in some real "live" air before we will finally get lost in the "Twilight Hall studios" again.

In accordance to these events I can promise you some surprising songs (though most probably no new ones) and a nice stage set up. In total we are not going to play more than ten shows, I would think. I am sure they all will turn out to be a great blast and a unique experience for everyone joining us."

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Blind Guardian
Posted: 12.03.2009 by GT

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 36   Visited by: 375 users
14.03.2009 - 12:32
Music4TheSpirit
MetalForTheSpiri
With A twist in the mist they didn't show anything interesting for me, in other hand A Night At the Opera was great stuff, so i still have hope they can do a good job.
----
In this days we seem to be limited by scientific knowledge
"I'm a good man... while that don't interfere with my interest" Anonymous , taken from the low moderm and post-moderm consciences
14.03.2009 - 17:34
Inlé

I am slightly hopeful about it, if the second paragraph is to be believed. A Twist In The Myth was a borderline sellout, I'd love to hear more mid-era sounding BG songs, or even more in the style of A Night At The Opera.

As long as they don't do an Elvenking. Lol
15.03.2009 - 12:51
sonofdeath

Great to hear they are already so far wit the new stuff. l liked a twist in the myth, so no problems for me there
nice to hear they will do some new stuff live, will be seeing them in like 3 months ^^
----
----When I drop dead, could you place a sixpack of beer besides me? I've heard it's quite hot in hell----
05.10.2009 - 03:44
In_tallica

About time .

Although it can never be as good as their fantasy era...but i guess everybody evolves one way or another. I think all their albums are great, so i know they will not dissapoint me!
Hail the Guardian!
05.10.2009 - 23:53
Lord_Regnier

Written by Dark Cornatus on 13.03.2009 at 00:34

Written by Baz Anderson on 12.03.2009 at 15:27

As long as this stuff is better than their last album. That was first time Blind Guardian disappointed me.

Amen to that. The only thing that bothered me is the use of the word 'modern' in his statement. The modern elements were on TITM and i did not like them at all. I can only hope they are different in a good way.

I agree with both of you. ATITM was a very boring album with an annoying artificial (synthesized) sound.
And the song "Sacred" sucks. It's even worse than the songs on ATITM.
BG are one more PM band who seem to have taken the downward spiral.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
06.10.2009 - 01:32
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I still found great moments on ATITM, though i agree it is probably their worst one
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

Hits total: 4360 | This month: 4