Metal Storm logo
Metallica - James Hetfield Hospitalazed, Show Re-Scheduled

Metallica's second Stockholm show at March 8th has been cancelled due to James Hetfield falling ill and receiving medical attention at the hospital. The show will be re-scheduled for May 4, 2009.

A message from Hetfield reads as follows:

"James here, alive, at about 80% but getting better. I want to say sorry for missing the second Stockholm gig on Sunday due to illness. The cause/diagnosis at the hospital was narrowed down to either a 24hr virus or a bad oyster... yes, hate to admit, an oyster could have taken me down.

I acknowledge and apologize for any inconvenience this has caused fans who had travelled near and far for the show. I had done everything possible to make it, and was at the point of falling if I stood up. On a lighter note since my illness, the support band 'Swedish Oyster Cult' will be thrown off the tour."

In the meantime the band posted the following statement:

"Oysters be damned, we're coming back to Stockholm, Sweden! Those of you who were at Globen on Sunday, March 8 know that unfortunately James was ill that day and we were unable to perform. That show has now been re-scheduled for May 4, so hold on to your tickets and we're hoping that you can make it back... we'll be there!

The ticket that you have for the show originally planned for Sunday will be your entry to the Globen for the May 4th show. If for some reason you cannot join us on that day, please visit the place you purchased the tickets for a full refund.

Again, our sincere apologies to all of you who traveled from near and far to Stockholm. As a minor token of our appreciation, and hopefully to make up for some of your inconvenience, everyone who goes to the May 4 show will receive a free download of that night's show at http://www.livemetallica.com. As you enter the arena that night, you'll be handed a card with instructions on how to get your free mp3 of the show."

Source: metallica.com
Band profile: Metallica
Event: Metallica: World Magnetic - More European Style Tour
Posted: 13.03.2009 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   Visited by: 282 users
13.03.2009 - 11:19
BloodTears
ANA-thema
No need to make such a big fuss about it.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
13.03.2009 - 11:36
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by BloodTears on 13.03.2009 at 11:19

No need to make such a big fuss about it.

that's what I've been thinking too. I didn't think there would be news about this on MS.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
13.03.2009 - 12:30
MadGatsu

"yes, hate to admit, an oyster could have taken me down." <- LOL
----
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
13.03.2009 - 13:06
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Blue oyster cult strikes back
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

13.03.2009 - 14:08
GT
Coffee!!
Oysters are the shit Too bad for the fans though
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
13.03.2009 - 15:12
In_tallica

I was at that gig, people were crying and screaming when Kirk, Lars and Robert came on stage and told the bad news.
I thought James had taken some kind of overdose, but apparently not
13.03.2009 - 16:28
HarmonyCorruptio

I think they posted it to inform people of when the rescheduled date was, as well as the free download that they can get, to make up for the postponement. That seems pretty newsworthy to me.
13.03.2009 - 17:36
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Poor James beat down by an oister
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
13.03.2009 - 19:05
blizzard tyrant

Free download of the show...hey that's great!...oyster LOL
metallica will never let us down! m/
13.03.2009 - 22:05
Marfere

Was there....fuck it.
15.03.2009 - 12:45
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Put a quarter in ya ass cuz ya PLAYED yaself hetfield
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.

Hits total: 3084 | This month: 6